New Tournament Entry Criteria

New Tournament Entry Criteria

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WM

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Chris
Provisional players have always been excluded from banded tournaments.
Well maybe just one, 😳 that got into the Xmas'06 7/14 Unbanded duel.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Windsor Mike
Well maybe just one, 😳 that got into the Xmas'06 7/14 Unbanded duel.

R
The Rams

Moves
18 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I know, but if I was a p1600 player 300 days ago, I may be only a 1200 player today.

Somebody posted this guy already...User 311042 The highest rating is a rating he achieved while provisional.

D
yeah that's what I was on about. I was 1630 when I was a 'p' too
it should not consider your ratigns as a preliminary. It should consider your highest rting AFTER 20 games (mine would be 1480, much much more accurate.)

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I know, but if I was a p1600 player 300 days ago, I may be only a 1200 player today.

Somebody posted this guy already...User 311042 The highest rating is a rating he achieved while provisional.

D
Gotcha. Fixed.

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Chris
I will shortly make a slight amendment to this 365 day rule, so the new tournament entry critieria will be:

(MAX(CurrentRating,HighRating-100) + HighRating) / 2

This will mean that it is possible to entry tournaments that are 50 points below your highest rating, if you rating has dropped 100 points or more from its height.

Where it has dropped fewer t ...[text shortened]... s, your eligibility will be based on the average of your current rating and your highest rating.
Sorry to be a bit thick here but is the comma an 'or' or a something else. 😀

S
Playing badly

Underground

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Grandmaster bater
Sorry to be a bit thick here but is the comma an 'or' or a something else. 😀

In plain English (or the closest my addled brain allows) the first part of the equation comes out as

Whichever is the greater of Current Rating or Highest ever Rating less 100

m
Moo

UK

Moves
18 Dec 06

This doesn't seem to be working for me.. My stats say

Rating 1307
Highest Rating 1362 (Last 365 Days)
Tournament Entry Rating 1334

So I should be able to enter the Xmas grouped random 1200-1350 based on both my current and my tourny entry rating, but it says I can't, because of my 365 day score. What's up with that? Shouldn't it use the tourny entry score?

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
18 Dec 06

How does one find the date one peaked? One day after collecting skulls for about 3 years I claimed all my wins and made it to 1507. Now in nearly 5 years here I doubt I've ever had 5 days above 1400 never mind 1500. My average rating - far more salient I would have thought would be about 1250. Yet I punshed for claiming a bunch of Skulls back around Easter.

R
The Rams

Moves
18 Dec 06

looks fine, but I can't test it out til I subscribe SOON 🙂

I now have a 1476 entry, which is perfect. good revision to the tournaments, administrators.

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by Snowman606
In plain English (or the closest my addled brain allows) the first part of the equation comes out as

Whichever is the greater of Current Rating or Highest ever Rating less 100
But if your current rating were currently your highest rating then it would still be .....your highest rating!!! And if it wasn't then one would use the highest rating. Therefore the current rating bit is never used.

Adled my brain as well.

Current tourni's are still using the old 365 day system for now by the looks of it.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by invigorate
How does one find the date one peaked? One day after collecting skulls for about 3 years I claimed all my wins and made it to 1507. Now in nearly 5 years here I doubt I've ever had 5 days above 1400 never mind 1500. My average rating - far more salient I would have thought would be about 1250. Yet I punshed for claiming a bunch of Skulls back around Easter.
Tell me about it.

We are in the same boat. Think the rating adjustment needs to be nearer 200 rather than 100.

Maybe we need to start a petition 😉

R
The Rams

Moves
18 Dec 06
1 edit

But if your current rating were currently your highest rating then it would still be .....your highest rating!!! And if it wasn't then one would use the highest rating. Therefore the current rating bit is never used.

Adled my brain as well.

Current tourni's are still using the old 365 day system for now by the looks of it.
No. The change basically, generally, takes the average of your highest rating and your current rating. But you cannot go 100 below it. Good thing it excludes prelimianry or I'd be in a ditch.

* it is a little bit more weighted towards your highest rating though. Depnds on just how much worse you are than your highest rating.

I saw a tournament with a 900 rated player in it, while restricting it to 1300-1450 - - - so yeah maybe a little bit more weight towards the current.

R
The Rams

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by adramforall

We are in the same boat. Think the rating adjustment needs to be nearer 200 rather than 100.

This would be fine.

Moves
18 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Ramned
No. The change basically, generally, takes the average of your highest rating and your current rating. But you cannot go 100 below it. Good thing it excludes prelimianry or I'd be in a ditch.

* it is a little bit more weighted towards your highest rating though. Depnds on just how much worse you are than your highest rating.

I saw a tournament with a 9 ...[text shortened]... e restricting it to 1300-1450 - - - so yeah maybe a little bit more weight towards the current.
I have worked it out. That is not stictly true.

It is in two parts. If your current rating is more than 100 below your max rating then the formula is (highest -100) + highest divided by 2.

If your current rating is lower than your highest but by not more than 100 then the formula is current+highest divided by 2.

This means that no-one gets a tourni rating less than 50 spots below their max (not 100)............I think!!

Moves
18 Dec 06

I have worked it out. That is not stictly true.

It is in two parts. If your current rating is more than 100 below your max rating then the formula is (highest -100) + highest divided by 2.

If your current rating is lower than your highest but by not more than 100 then the formula is current+highest divided by 2.

This means that no-one gets a tourni rating less than 50 spots below their max (not 100)............I think!!
Yes, you won't be able to enter a tournament which is more than 50 points below your peak.