New boad interface released

New boad interface released

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by cliff garoup
Mac OS 9 and 10, and the browser is microsoft internet explorer. It has now been TWO DAYS SINCE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A MOVE THANKS TO YOUR "UPGRADES". I WILL QUIT THIS SITE IF THIS DOES NOT GET RESOLVED. THIS IS RIDICULOUSS AND INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
Please visit the board settings page and select the legacy browser option. The legacy board will work with IE5 on Mac.

Please consider upgrading to either Safari on Firefox.

-Russ

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Feb 06

Mac OS 9 and 10, and the browser is microsoft internet explorer. It has now been TWO DAYS SINCE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A MOVE THANKS TO YOUR "UPGRADES". I WILL QUIT THIS SITE IF THIS DOES NOT GET RESOLVED. THIS IS RIDICULOUSS AND INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
1 day and 1 hour to be precise.

From microsoft.com
"INTERNET EXPLORER FOR MAC NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

In June 2003, the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit announced that Internet Explorer for Mac would undergo no further development, and support would cease in 2005. In accordance with published support lifecycle policies, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer for Mac on December 31st, 2005, and is not providing any further security or performance updates.

Accordingly, as of January 31st, 2006, Internet Explorer for the Mac is no longer available for download from Microsoft. It is recommended that Macintosh users migrate to more recent web browsing technologies such as Apple's Safari."

In fairness Russ, despite you saying this numerous times in the forums, this would one of thoseoccasions where a news ticker on the My Games page would be a very useful edition to the site, if only for your announcements (but hopefully for a little more)

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
1 day and 1 hour to be precise.

From microsoft.com
"INTERNET EXPLORER FOR MAC NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

In June 2003, the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit announced that Internet Explorer for Mac would undergo no further development, and support would cease in 2005. In accordance with published support lifecycle policies, Microsoft ended sup ...[text shortened]... ul edition to the site, if only for your announcements (but hopefully for a little more)

D
I think this is one of those rare occasions when I need to make a PM broadcast to all active users.

-Russ

T

Moves
24 Feb 06

LOVE THE CHANGES...
I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION. ON THE PRINT BOARD SCREEN THE PIECES ARE "BOOK" BUT I PREFER TO USE "RIVAL". MY FIRST FEW ATTEMPTS TO PRINT SEEMED TO "CHANGE" THE PIECES. IS THIS A GLITCH?

I SET MY PREFERENCES TO BOOK BECAUSE SEEING TWO DIFFERENT SETS OF PIECES WAS MESSING ME UP.

TRULY GREAT JOB ON THE IMPROVEMENTS.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by TJN22
LOVE THE CHANGES...
I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION. ON THE PRINT BOARD SCREEN THE PIECES ARE "BOOK" BUT I PREFER TO USE "RIVAL". MY FIRST FEW ATTEMPTS TO PRINT SEEMED TO "CHANGE" THE PIECES. IS THIS A GLITCH?

I SET MY PREFERENCES TO BOOK BECAUSE SEEING TWO DIFFERENT SETS OF PIECES WAS MESSING ME UP.

TRULY GREAT JOB ON THE IMPROVEMENTS.
Only one piece style is available for printing, sorry.

-Russ

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
24 Feb 06

Ai... don't use IE...!!
In Mac OS 10 I suggest you to use Safari. And Shiira!

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
24 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
Clam down, take a deep breath, and then please tell me :

Which chess set, which board? More details please, and then I can take a look at it and hopefully sort it out for you.

-Russ
I realize the problem now. And I can understand why nobody else realized it... You see, I am partially color blind. Some colors I can't see at all. So when everyone was stating that the highlighted squares have always been there, well, I've never seen them!

It wasn't until you increased the depth of color that they suddenly jumped out at me!

I certainly meant no disrespect. And I do appreciate your hard work.
I use the default chess set and the wood board.

Moves
24 Feb 06

Hi Russ

Glad the new board code is available. I have had to use legacy mode, as my browser is Mozilla 1.4.3, and for various reasons I don't want to upgrade.

Some Problems: Game History does not work for me. I have found the button, as others have suggested in this thread, but there are no buttons to navigate backwards and forwards. Also, Analyse Game is nolonger available.

I appreciate that you need to concentrate on the new code, but perhaps leaving the old still available as legacy is feasible.

The smaller lecay board sizes now fix on my pda screen though, so it is an improvement overall for me. Thanks for that one.

Thanks,
Gezza

t
Happy Bear

Traverse City, Mi

Moves
25 Feb 06

The changes are famtastic! Keep up the great job. Thank's for all your hard work!😀

t
Happy Bear

Traverse City, Mi

Moves
25 Feb 06
1 edit

If you find a group to help those addicted to RHP, let me know! The family says I have a chess problem, LOL! 🙄

cg

Moves
25 Feb 06

why isn't "analyze game" available on the legacy program? Also, can I change the type of game pieces on legacy? It doesn't seem to me that legacy does anything more than allow you to play the gameonly-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
25 Feb 06

cg

Moves
25 Feb 06

why must you respond with your ignorant racist nonsense. It is repugnant and immature. Why should I be required to buy a new program/computer just to play chess on this site when I pay my dues? Your attitude is ugly and disgusts me- grow up-think and act like an adult, not some ugly inhuman racist. You know nothing about me or my race/ethnicity. Thanks for the helpful insult, you jerk-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
25 Feb 06

j

Moves
25 Feb 06

Having been away for a few days, the improvements came as a pleasant surprise. I am generally very impressed but has anyone noticed that Point and Click behaves a little oddly when using IE v6 SP2?
Having selected the piece to move, quite often when clicking on the destination square, it drops into an adjacent square or another on the same row.
This is at the very least quite irritating and but, at worst, you risk unintended moves, particularly when playing lots of games quickly.
George