New boad interface released

New boad interface released

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by arrakis
I liked the board, pieces and graphics just the way they were. Now the pieces are ugly and the board is ugly... and what the heck is going on with the "altering colors of the squares on the board showing where the opponent's piece moved FROM and to WHERE!? I HATE THIS! It really, really interferes with my concentration.

Please make that a feature we can turn off!
The altering colours was always there. If it really has started bothering you now for whatever reason, just click on board history or Analyse Board to see the board without the green squares.

I agree the pieces are more fuzzy (apart from book, afaics) as well as the lettering around the board, but that's a minor issue which I'm sure will be ironed out within a matter of days. No need to rush out and purchase nappies yet.

D

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
23 Feb 06
1 edit

Looks mostle good in my eyes, I have one request though.
On the "Game analysis" function, there is a "Cancel" function which closes the window. Could it be renamed to "Close window" or something, because Cancel could be (and are being by me) mistaken for a function to cancel current analysis.
Other than that, good work!

EDIT: Typo

cg

Moves
23 Feb 06

what the hell has happened here? I have pieces juxtaposed over other pieces on the board and my pieces go to a completely different (and bizarre) square on the board than I want or intend them to go to. How did you guys manage to screw this program up so bad???? I am unable to play because of your changes!!!!!

M

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by cliff garoup
what the hell has happened here? I have pieces juxtaposed over other pieces on the board and my pieces go to a completely different (and bizarre) square on the board than I want or intend them to go to. How did you guys manage to screw this program up so bad???? I am unable to play because of your changes!!!!!
What browser are you using?

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
23 Feb 06

just castled for the first time in the new world. that rocks!

c

North West UK

Moves
23 Feb 06

Fantastic update - thank you.

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
23 Feb 06

and a little tiny board so i don't get fired so much when i play at work. (i've been one of the people asking for this every now and then.) thank you thank you thank you.

DS

Moves
23 Feb 06

the updated analyze feature is very good. nice job on the upgrade.

thank you!

j

Moves
23 Feb 06

Looks as though you can resign when its not your move. Good innovation Russ. Like the new set-up, particularly the time info.

N

The sky

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by nickybutt
Looks mostle good in my eyes, I have one request though.
On the "Game analysis" function, there is a "Cancel" function which closes the window. Could it be renamed to "Close window" or something, because Cancel could be (and are being by me) mistaken for a function to cancel current analysis.
Other than that, good work!

EDIT: Typo
Agreed! I just accidentally closed the analyze board when trying to reset the analysis. (That's probably partly because I got used to the beta version, in which the "Cancel" link didn't exist, so "Reset all" was at the bottom.) Actually I don't really see a need for that link at all, why not just close the window the usual way?

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
The altering colours was always there. If it really has started bothering you now for whatever reason, just click on board history or Analyse Board to see the board without the green squares.

I agree the pieces are more fuzzy (apart from book, afaics) as well as the lettering around the board, but that's a minor issue which I'm sure will be ironed out within a matter of days. No need to rush out and purchase nappies yet.

D
There is no "board history"! And, NO! The alternating colors on the squares was NEVER there before! I was never informed where the piece moved from and had the square on the chessboard assume multiple colors.

I agree Russ has made some good improvements, but to what expense? I CANNOT live with the curent graphic configuration.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
24 Feb 06

There is no "board history"! And, NO! The alternating colors on the squares was NEVER there before! I was never informed where the piece moved from and had the square on the chessboard assume multiple colors.

I agree Russ has made some good improvements, but to what expense? I CANNOT live with the curent graphic configuration.
Do you mean "game history"?...because that is still there.

And I believe that the previous board did have the colours highlighted.

N

The sky

Moves
24 Feb 06

Above the game, there are links to "My Games", "Board Style", "Game History", and "Message Log". "Game History" is the one you are looking for. You won't get the coloured squares there (not sure what you mean by multiple colours, there are just green, aren't they? 😕), nor in the analyze board.

e

Moves
24 Feb 06

Well done Russ, thanks for the board.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
24 Feb 06

A small point: on Game History, clicking the 'fast forward' button used to always reset to the current game position no matter what other fiddling I did - trying out possible moves, etc. Now, however, it only works if I am displaying an actual historical position. If I've moved pieces, the button doesn't seem to work at all.

Was this intentional?