New boad interface released

New boad interface released

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by aspviper666
True,but when you castle you may move the king and then move the rook.When promoting a pawn ,you can move the pawn as you would move the piece you promoted to,I see no way to "get rid"of the en passant captured pawn.I just used a real chess board for that move to analise on.I know it works.;
yes you can remove the piece but its a bit long winded.

simply take the square with any other piece, then move this piece back to where it should be.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Mar 06

Better still, just double click/right click any piece then select remove. 🙂

-Russ

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by Russ
The new board interface was released today. There are plenty of architectural changes (for reasons to be announced soon), plus a number of presentation changes and new features.

As stated before, some people with older browser may experience problems, so a legacy interface is available.

From the board settings page, click the link contained below :

[ ...[text shortened]... an upgrade your browser. (All current versions of most browsers should be compatible.)

-Russ
And I cant get the "coordinates " feature and the "analyze" board. I am using the legacy, as Russ suggests till I update,...BUT I still SHOULD get "analysis" and "coordinates"!

N

The sky

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by kavabowl
Since new interface i rarely see all pices on board. Usually either clicking on squares or refresh my browser 2-3 times before i see all the pieces.

Likewise i see very little of the analysis board, but as soon as i click anywhere on the board i finally see the pieces.

Im using latest release of XP with latest release of Opera 8.52 browser
See Thread 38853. In short, it has to do with Opera, and there doesn't seem to be a real solution for the problem so far, other than minimizing and restoring the window.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 Mar 06
1 edit

This is an odd problem, because there is only one image for all the pieces (like a piece 'font'😉, so if you can see ANY piece on the board, then the image has loaded correctly. It is most certainly an Opera glitch, but the site was tested on Opera, and this problem wasn’t noticed.

-Russ

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
02 Mar 06

This is an odd problem, because their is only one image for all the pieces (like a piece 'font'😉, so if you can see ANY piece on the board, then the image has loaded correctly. It is most certainly an Opera glitch, but the site was tested on Opera, and this problem wasn’t noticed.

-Russ
Russ....Why cant I still get ANALYSIS BOARD and COORDINATE markings? I'm using the legacy option also. Again, I will get my browser updated but I should still get coordinate markings and analyze board. PLEASE advise!!😳:'(:'(😳

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by Trains44
Russ....Why cant I still get ANALYSIS BOARD and COORDINATE markings? I'm using the legacy option also. Again, I will get my browser updated but I should still get coordinate markings and analyze board. PLEASE advise!!😳:'(:'(😳
What operating system and browser are you using?

D

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
What operating system and browser are you using?

D
A mac g5 with internet explorer5. 😳

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
02 Mar 06
1 edit

A mac g5 with internet explorer5. 😳
Why don't you use Safari or Shiira, you Mac-using-but-still-no-McClan-clan-member-anyway-person?

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by Aiko
Why don't you use Safari or Shiira, you Mac-using-but-still-no-McClan-clan-member-anyway-person?
Ohhh, Okaay..I understand what you just said! Mac///McClan! Mac users. WEll, thats me, a Mac user!

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
02 Mar 06

But why internet explorer, I wonder. For some (java) based web applets this one browser doesn't tend to crash very fast. But that is generally the only thing it is good for, in my opinion. Have you tried different browsers and found this one the best in all categories?

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
02 Mar 06

But why internet explorer, I wonder. For some (java) based web applets this one browser doesn't tend to crash very fast. But that is generally the only thing it is good for, in my opinion. Have you tried different browsers and found this one the best in all categories?
I dont know anything about computers and I could never know how to change it! I've had it 5 years now.😞

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
02 Mar 06

I dont know anything about computers and I could never know how to change it! I've had it 5 years now.😞
No need to change anything. Safari is most likely already on your computer. Go to your programs folder and locate Safari and double click this thingy! Once you have mastered to use the tab functionality too (which IE lacks), you will giggle occasionally of pure enjoyment, you'll see.

Getting to know some basic skills is very easy, by the way. And it won't hurt you or your computer at all (well, not on a Mac, that is) just as long a bit common sense is at use. If I were you I would follow a Mac forum (I don't know if this one is any good: http://www.macosx.com/forums/, or this one: http://macusersforum.com/ or the forums at the Apple site) so you gradually pick up some information.

a

Forgotten

Moves
03 Mar 06

Better still, just double click/right click any piece then select remove. 🙂

-Russ
Thanks Russ,
That will work. 😀

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
04 Mar 06

No need to change anything. Safari is most likely already on your computer. Go to your programs folder and locate Safari and double click this thingy! Once you have mastered to use the tab functionality too (which IE lacks), you will giggle occasionally of pure enjoyment, you'll see.

Getting to know some basic skills is very easy, by the way. And it won't hu ...[text shortened]... acusersforum.com/ or the forums at the Apple site) so you gradually pick up some information.
If you're using Mac OS X, I think Safari will be in the dock as default - the icon is a magnetic compass.