non subscriber

non subscriber

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE

Moves
03 Oct 06

hi there.

please could sum1 tell me if there are any tournaments to take part for non-subscribers? if there is, where & when?

thanx

SS

Moves
03 Oct 06

RE

Moves
03 Oct 06

there used to be, but if thats the case, thanx.

SS

Moves
03 Oct 06

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
03 Oct 06

Originally posted by RAZORS EDGE
hi there.

please could sum1 tell me if there are any tournaments to take part for non-subscribers? if there is, where & when?

thanx
if you can work out that it is in rhp's best interests for them to appear, then they probably will.

but that is not so easy.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
03 Oct 06

Originally posted by flexmore
if you can work out that it is in rhp's best interests for them to appear, then they probably will.

but that is not so easy.
December 2004, an xmas tournament, that was the last one. Almost two years ago.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
04 Oct 06

Originally posted by RAZORS EDGE
hi there.

thanx
The next one is due on the 30th February.

Not too long to wait now.

🙂

s

Endor

Moves
26 Oct 06

yes i heard there was one coming up soon

M

Moves
12 Nov 06

Maybe one non-subscriber one every 6 months, or even three. Maybe lets non subs see how interesting subscribing can be and encourange them to do it!

Make it a no prize tourney. Can't hurt

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
Maybe one non-subscriber one every 6 months, or even three. Maybe lets non subs see how interesting subscribing can be and encourange them to do it!

Make it a no prize tourney. Can't hurt
This site is Russ's Money Maker. He wouldn't be shaking it correctly if he let people join tournaments for free.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
This site is Russ's Money Maker. He wouldn't be shaking it correctly if he let people join tournaments for free.
...and does all of that qualify for the "brown nose" of the year award or not?

Xanth, understand this, you are not going to be made a mod, no matter how close you get to Russ's fundamental.

You are so 'transy' that its not funny anymore. Jesus wept.

skeeter

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by skeeter
...and does all of that qualify for the "brown nose" of the year award or not?

Xanth, understand this, you are not going to be made a mod, no matter how close you get to Russ's fundamental.

You are so 'transy' that its not funny anymore. Jesus wept.

skeeter
Wait, if I told him to get lost I'd be told that I wasn't being "friendly" enough, but if I make a joke (you might have missed it) then I'm brown nosing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 06
1 edit

Thread 49399[/b]
Thread 48268[/b]
Thread 51380[/b]
Thread 51949[/b]

might help looking at some other threads before opening up a dulipicate one with the exact same question

nunquam perdo

Washington, DC

Moves
13 Nov 06

I think there should be regular non-subscriber tournements.

this site is also ad supported so making the site more addictive for commercial viewers is in RHPs best interest.

The only real problem I see with it is that you can't have big rounds and if someone advances to round 2 but they also accepted a few open invites the tourney would push them over thier total games or it would delay the tournment.

The workaround for this would be to count all of the potential games in advance of winning a round against the nonsub's limit. So even if they only have 1 active game they can't start new games because they have advanced in the tourney.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Nov 06

I would have a trouney fro them, but duells is the only way. And I would do a long timescale like 21/28 then we would soon have a thread, how can I make my opponent move.

Please, dear non-subs. There are threads already about non-moving players, the problem will be worse in torunament games, which you cannot kill if the opponent doesn't move.

The 6 game limit should still be enforced. That is easy if the tournament games are slipped in when a game ends. This will also amuse those who are waiting for the next round to continue