I hate the new vacation timeout rules

I hate the new vacation timeout rules

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
05 Apr 07

Instating them in the middle of a tournament stinks.

Now I have to wait for all these dudes who are out of time to turn their vacation flags off. Which they don't have to do until after they move.

Oh well.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
06 Apr 07

Originally posted by GambitAccepted

Now I have to wait for all these dudes who are out of time to turn their vacation flags off. Which they don't have to do until after they move.

Oh well.
Yeah, I know what you mean... if someone could imagine what Hell is to a chessplayer I can't think of anything more torturing than having a winning position and having to wait a month for the person to make 1 move. 😳

But have faith my friend, 'this too shall pass'.

G

Moves
06 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Arrakis
Yeah, I know what you mean... if someone could imagine what Hell is to a chessplayer I can't think of anything more torturing than having a winning position and having to wait a month for the person to make 1 move. 😳

Yeah. Or, even in terms of tournament strategy, you can play for time, especially in 1/x games. I moved fast in some smelling blood on the clock and now it turns out that the guy's being out of timebank doesn't matter - and I dropped the exchange moving too fast - grump. Think I can still draw it, but adjusting to the changing format in the middle of a tourney stinks.

SS

Moves
06 Apr 07
1 edit

P

Glasgow, Scotland

Moves
06 Apr 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Amen to that !!!!

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
07 Apr 07

If you know you're going to win...it's just a matter of time.

Still, though, I'm not an overwhelming fan.

z

Moves
10 Apr 07

Oh well.
Like this...
Tournament 1131

Mr. Hansen is out of timebank in both games... but due to his being on vacation I was unable to time him out.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by zebano
Like this...
Tournament 1131

Mr. Hansen is out of timebank in both games... but due to his being on vacation I was unable to time him out.
And now he has to play every day 😛

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
11 Apr 07

Oh well.
Aren't short-timeout tournaments constant and overlapping? how could they wait to instate? I may be wrong..

SS

Moves
12 Apr 07

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
14 Apr 07

Oh well.
At least they only have 30 days of vacation a year. 😵