Clash of the Titans

Clash of the Titans

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Steelers Country

Moves
24 Jan 03

Originally posted by Luck
What about if the group winner resigns from the tournament and leaves the web site?

Then, should anybody go to the next round from that group?

Harri
you'll have to ask russ that one, sorry:'(

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
24 Jan 03

Originally posted by UncleAdam
you'll have to ask russ that one, sorry:'(
That's what I have been trying to do, but I have not received an answer!!!!:'(:'(:'(

Harri

l
Ray

Red Hot Rebels Clan

Moves
28 Jan 03

I believe I'm the first to win a group.😀

J
..Itching

Reading, UK

Moves
29 Jan 03

Originally posted by Luck
What about if the group winner resigns from the tournament and leaves the web site?

Then, should anybody go to the next round from that group?

Harri
It sounds only logical that results of all the games played by the winner are ignored and a new "winner" from the remaining players goes through while only the games played between remaining players are counted.
Than's how it usually works in tournments like this (played in groups).

Jira

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
29 Jan 03

This may well upset a few of you, but promotion to the next round is automatic - there is no human interaction.

So if a player has won their group, they get promoted, regardless of if they still are active anymore or not.

I will probably need to introduce an 'over ride' in the future for situations like this - please remember we are still running the 'alpha' tournaments which were meant to test the whole system - meaning it is all in its infancy. A second interaction will come later where I can refine how it all works.

BTW Harri, no offense intended, but you must understand I can't read EVERY post in every forum. I do read every post in the help/site ideas, but not every post elsewhere.

-Russ

Holland

Moves
26 Feb 03

Originally posted by Russ
This may well upset a few of you, but promotion to the next round is automatic - there is no human interaction.

So if a player has won their group, they get promoted, regardless of if they still are active anymore or not.

I will probably need to introduce an 'over ride' in the future for situations like this - please remember we are still running the ' ...[text shortened]... ry forum. I do read every post in the help/site ideas, but not every post elsewhere.

-Russ
too bad for Harry, I have no intention of quitting :-)
regardless of human intervention or not, I nominate Harri / luck for a wildcard for the second round (supposed I can keep our last game a draw and win our group)

cheers bagger

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
05 Mar 03

Originally posted by bagger2000
too bad for Harry, I have no intention of quitting :-)
regardless of human intervention or not, I nominate Harri / luck for a wildcard for the second round (supposed I can keep our last game a draw and win our group)

cheers bagger
I second that!

Harri

J
..Itching

Reading, UK

Moves
24 Apr 03

1st round finished. Should not we start 2nd ? 😛

Moves
26 Apr 03

Originally posted by Jira
1st round finished. Should not we start 2nd ? 😛
Yes, why are we still waiting?

-Dave

l
Ray

Red Hot Rebels Clan

Moves
26 Apr 03

Yes, lets get on with it already. Ray

RHP Member No.16

Moves
26 Apr 03
2 edits

I suspect Russ or Chris have to start the new round, and Russ is away getting married, so unless Chris gets it started, you may have a while to wait. (Maybe a private message to Chrismo will get some results)

regards, Marc

Moves
30 Apr 03

Hurray, round two has started!

Thanks Chris
🙂

Dave

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
01 May 03

David, do you realise if Clash of the Titans II were started tomorrow you and bbar would be excluded as the max rating is 2000!
Soon, will there be enough of you for a 'Clash of the Gods' 2000+?
🙂

W

Moves
01 May 03

TALKING ABOUT TITAN CLASHES, I NOTICED THE GAME BETWEEN BBARR AND CURATOR. HAVE THERE BEEN OTHER GAMES PLAYED BETWEEN TOP RHP TITANS ?

WDK

😴

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
01 May 03

Originally posted by WDK
TALKING ABOUT TITAN CLASHES, I NOTICED THE GAME BETWEEN BBARR AND CURATOR. HAVE THERE BEEN OTHER GAMES PLAYED BETWEEN TOP RHP TITANS ?

WDK

😴
check out game # 193279 (David Tebb - bbarr)