Atri

Atri

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
28 May 09

Games in progress: 1558
Rating: 773
Tournament entry rating: 1602
Moves this month: 6908
Vacation days left: 0?

Well, he's still entering tournaments, but with nothing like his former consistency - and his game count continues to drop, although that may just be because he's getting skulled faster than he can start new games. It's unclear what he plans. Has he changed his game plan, so to speak, or is he just taking a breather before the next big push - perhaps to 3000 games? A lot will depend on when he gets more vacation time, i guess...

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
28 May 09

Perhaps he is going to stage a miraculous comeback - if he handed over the account to somebody really fast like indosmart (who made a legendary 35,000 moves in a single month) things could suddenly get back on track, like in those films where a fighter is definately down and out but then gets up to win the fight

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by chessisagame
Just Play!
Or stare at a timed out position.

Eddie's Dad

Raving Mad

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Or stare at a timed out position.
There's new tournies posted. He's not in your band. There's plenty of other people to play. Life is good.

T
F**k the EU, IMF,WB

Moves
29 May 09

He's down to 1390 now 29/05/09

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
29 May 09
1 edit

Games in progress: 1384
Rating: 672
Tournament entry rating: 1602
Moves this month: 6922
Vacation days left: 0?

Only 16 moves since my last update, and the apathy is contagious. I could hardly be bothered posting this. I suspect we have broken his great but nevertheless mortal heart. As a community we could have supported his daring attempt to venture into the realm of the gods, but no! We had to tear him down, reduce him to our own level. I for one am not proud of my part in this. I didn't actually skull Atri, but i would have, had i the opportunity - and knowing that, I feel ashamed.

We are not worthy😞

c

Moves
31 May 09

I question if hes still playing on the site anymore.

SS

Moves
31 May 09

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by chessisagame
I question if hes still playing on the site anymore.
Yeah, he's taking a break for sure. Overall, his behavior has just been kind of strange.

With Heng, the other player who pulled this stunt recently, it seemed clear that he just overestimated his ability to play the games and got in over his head. Smaug compared him to a kid alone in a candy store after hours (or something close to that), and that seemed about right. However, he voluntarily took his vacation flag down and slowly pared his gameload down to a much reasonable level.

It seems like Artri was either just playing with us all along or was really
not very bright. Is it possible he really thought he could really take on on those games?

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
31 May 09

Ironically, he might have decided he needs to take a 'vacation' from the site, after his recent frenetic activity. Alas! He has no vacation time left.

a
cubs in 09!

Moves
01 Jun 09

ive got a bunch of games against him again that hes about out of time

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
05 Jun 09
3 edits

This makes interesting viewing:

http://www.timeforchess.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=dooser2004&p2name=atri&showgamescode=F&isminiboard=on

At first, i was amazed because here was a guy who lost a lot of points by getting timed out by Atri in a longhaul game (wtf?) No, you didn't imagine it - I said 'timed out by Atri in a longhaul game'. That's like being beaten in a 100m sprint by an arthritic octogenerarian snail with a bad hangover. As if that's not weird enough, he has a history of resigning in games against Atri after just a few moves. My guess, as he seems to be a legitimate player, is that he just gets tired of waiting for our hero to make a move and opts out.

TC

Moves
05 Jun 09

Originally posted by Blackamp
At first, i was amazed because here was a guy who lost a lot of points by getting timed out by Atri in a longhaul game (wtf?) No, you didn't imagine it - I said 'timed out by Atri in a longhaul game'. That's like being beaten in a 100m sprint by an arthritic octogenerarian snail with a bad hangover. As if that's not weird enough, he has a history of ...[text shortened]... ate player, is that he just gets tired of waiting for our hero to make a move and opts out.
If he was on a long haul with atri, he would certainly be extremely bored.

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
19 Jun 09

lol, he has 60% of games lost by timeouts

R

The Smoke

Moves
19 Jun 09

Originally posted by O Artem O
lol, he has 60% of games lost by timeouts
yeah, it does make you wonder, doesn't it... why on earth people undertake this amount of games.. what's the point if 60% are lost due to timeout..