7 months to play 6 games?!

7 months to play 6 games?!

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
20 May 07

Originally posted by kingcolemk
Not when they are currenty playing 666 games
So time him out. Else stop whining about somebody playing within the rules.

D

Moves
20 May 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
So time him out. Else stop whining about somebody playing within the rules.

D
I am doing my damn best to do just that, but at one negative move a week, it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
20 May 07

Originally posted by D4V
In this tournament http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1393
A single player DV4 in group 5 is slowing down the group only for break our balls. Its obvious he is going to lose the game with the top rated player 😉
Do you see any reason for this behaviour?
😲

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
20 May 07

I am doing my damn best to do just that, but at one negative move a week, it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure.
Welll if they have 666 games ongoing is it any wonder they move infrequently in your game?

🙄

Moves
21 May 07

Originally posted by adramforall
Welll if they have 666 games ongoing is it any wonder they move infrequently in your game?

🙄
But is considerate to your opponents to being playing so many games ?

d

Moves
21 May 07

This is a no-brainer. He is playing a lot of games, if you get the chance to time him out then do so. If such a chance never arises you, and everyone else, will just have to be patient.

In the mean time stop complaining.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 May 07

Is it considerate to ask your opponents to play faster that the time controls allow?

Maybe you need to start some 1/0 games which will mean a move every day and as such probably faster games.

You are lucky it wasn't me you were playing. I'd make sure I used up my fully allowed time before each move.

Moves
01 Jun 07

Seems to be a lot of people missing the point.... for their benefit, the point is not regarding the time controls, but the lack of "normal" play that can reasonably be expected of a sensible chess player ... not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by tjmarti
Seems to be a lot of people missing the point.... for their benefit, the point is not regarding the time controls, but the lack of "normal" play that can reasonably be expected of a sensible chess player
What's abnormal about moving within pre-agreed time controls?

D

Moves
02 Jun 07
1 edit

What's abnormal about moving within pre-agreed time controls?

D
i think the issue raised is whether there is anything to stop a player deliberately being negative when in a winning position. Of course there is nothing in the rules of chess, but it doesnt make for a good tournament. If not, perhaps there should be.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Jun 07

i think the issue raised is whether there is anything to stop a player deliberately being negative when in a winning position. Of course there is nothing in the rules of chess, but it doesnt make for a good tournament. If not, perhaps there should be.
What do you mean "being negative in a winning position"?

"not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue."
You haven't looked at the games between kingcolem and galaxyshield, have you? There is a whole school of thought that would consider kingcolem to be at fault for not resigning in such a hopeless situation. How can you help others understand the issue, when you don't even know what the issue is?

He accuses galaxyshield of making "1 negative move per week", despite the fact that the TO for the game is 3 days, so GS has to move at least once every 3 days. I also don't see negativity in GS' moves, but I'm not going to go into that seeing as the game is still in progress.
Game 3109646

This is a complete no brainer. If your opponent goes over the prearranged time, time him out. If not, your opponent may use his time anyway he sees fit.

D

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Jun 07

Have you ever thought that the winning player is thinking to himself why does this player not resign he can't win the game?

The fault lies with the player in the losing position not resigning, not the winning player deciding to play out an already won game.

Moves
03 Jun 07
1 edit

What do you mean "being negative in a winning position"?

"not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue."
You haven't looked at the games between kingcolem and galaxyshield, have you? There is a whole school of thought that would consider kingcolem to be at fault for not resigning in such a hopeless situatio time, time him out. If not, your opponent may use his time anyway he sees fit.

D
Thanks. At least now the thrust of the original post seems to have been countered, which the earlier posts did not. No more posts necessary from me on this one!

R

Moves
18 Jun 07

This is hilarious: a player complaining his opponent isn't beating him quickly enough 😀.