2009 Championship

2009 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Exactly what is a class A OTB rating. Is that an inflated USCF rating category.

How many times must I tell you. I don't even live in the US - I don't care about USCF rules.
You don't seem to care about unethical behavior in chess.

You don't seem to care about having frauds in your club.

What exactly do you care about?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
16 Jan 09

Originally posted by no1marauder

You don't seem to care about unethical behavior in chess.

Most certainly I do but this is not OTB and I have seen nothing here unethical. Surely it is unethical to play hard in a tournament, win 7/10 games then default on time the remaining 3, 2 to the same player who goes on to win the tournament by a 1/2 point.

You don't seem to care about having frauds in your club.

My club (Club 75) does not have any frauds in it. We are extremely careful to ensure we have no engines on board, although mistakes can happen.

What exactly do you care about?

Honesty! Integrity! Inoffensiveness! Truth! Justice! Freedom and much more.......

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
16 Jan 09

Your anti-American bashing is noted but utterly irrelevant

I am not anti-American. I am just not subject to your rules and laws, except if I am in the US when I of course adhere to them.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

I started this thread to continue the discussion http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=106743&page=1

You can save this one for congratulating A) Unethical players and B) Cheats who will wind up being tossed later in the tourney.

Tootles.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

[b]You don't seem to care about unethical behavior in chess.

Most certainly I do but this is not OTB and I have seen nothing here unethical. Surely it is unethical to play hard in a tournament, win 7/10 games then default on time the remaining 3, 2 to the same player who goes on to win the tournament by a ...[text shortened]... bout?[/b]

Honesty! Integrity! Inoffensiveness! Truth! Justice! Freedom and much more.......[/b]
Your club has a player in it who claimed to have an 1880 USCF rating when the evidence is clear he does not. The evidence was presented to you. He remains in your club.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

My last post in this thread regarding this issue is a hypothetical I asked in the new thread in Site Ideas:

Suppose all four players in a section decided to agree to draws after one move in all their games.

Should they all advance?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
16 Jan 09

My last post in this thread regarding this issue is a hypothetical I asked in the new thread in Site Ideas:

Suppose all four players in a section decided to agree to draws after one move in all their games.

Should they all advance?
Suppose all 4 lost all their games (with white) by timeouts?

Should they all advance?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

Suppose all 4 lost all their games (with white) by timeouts?

Should they all advance?
Under the present system they would.

Under my suggestion in Site Ideas, they wouldn't.

K

Moves
16 Jan 09

no1marauder. There is no fact and nor forensic evidence of pre-arranged draws or complicity to cheat. Your soap box preaching and chest thumping is passionate but misguided. If you preceive your street cred here allows your Pied Piper-ing whip up of support then continue but we the many will stop listening. This is not the USCF, and you are not playing in this tournament, so what gain is purely esoteric and only inclusive to your personal credo. Ad Naseum and ad hominem attacks of this will only bring discredit upon yourself!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09

Originally posted by Katonah
no1marauder. There is no fact and nor forensic evidence of pre-arranged draws or complicity to cheat. Your soap box preaching and chest thumping is passionate but misguided. If you preceive your street cred here allows your Pied Piper-ing whip up of support then continue but we the many will stop listening. This is not the USCF, and you are not playing in th ...[text shortened]... ersonal credo. Ad Naseum and ad hominem attacks of this will only bring discredit upon yourself!
UMM, the player admitted it.

PB: Why in the world should I try to juggle so many games and struggle against a higher rated player at the same time?
To me it's good tournament strategy.

Do you need more evidence?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
16 Jan 09

UMM, the player admitted it.

PB: Why in the world should I try to juggle so many games and struggle against a higher rated player at the same time?
To me it's good tournament strategy.

Do you need more evidence?
Evidence of what?

I offered 2 draws, they were accepted.

I don't need you telling me when I may or may not offer draws, whether here or any where else.

Your continued preaching when neither you nor I have any stake in this tournament is rather purile and pathetic. In fact you are not even moving on this site yet coninue to try and dictate how those of us who are playing should play. Your arrogance beggars belief.

Canada

Moves
16 Jan 09

Well this thread sucks... so much for focusing on the whole tournament, rather than two draws at six moves into a game. No1, this is not the USCF, it will never be the USCF, get a freakin life... This is an online chess correspondance site with its own rules and practices. It has nothing to do with USCF...so dont impose rules that are irrelevant to the site. If you think that the Draws were unfair to the group, argue about it after the round is done and we can see the consequences that develop from the early draws. Otherwise lets talk about the actual tourney, and enjoy another championship, we have enough to worry about from the load of games and possibly engines. So let it be. Geesshhhh, the guy is a good player, and he can draw when he likes...draw at move one, who cares, if they implement a rule here, than he can change his behavior. Do not harass the guy.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
Well this thread sucks... so much for focusing on the whole tournament, rather than two draws at six moves into a game. No1, this is not the USCF, it will never be the USCF, get a freakin life... This is an online chess correspondance site with its own rules and practices. It has nothing to do with USCF...so dont impose rules that are irrelevant t ...[text shortened]... o cares, if they implement a rule here, than he can change his behavior. Do not harass the guy.
The opinion of one of the biggest sandbaggers on the site is duly noted. Personally, I don't put much stock in your opinion as to what is unethical or unsporting.

K

Moves
16 Jan 09

mo1marauder

"UMM, the player admitted it?" A succinct and factual statement! Your original prostrate comments were directed to Cityblue and paulbuchmanfromfics? Now your argument has gone from a broad brush castigation of these players, RHP tournament policy to individual attacks? Are you studying at a Russian school of jurisprudence? The facts are you have none. None to prove, none to bring forth. Why not subpoena Airmen Cecil & O'Malley 🙁

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Katonah
mo1marauder

"UMM, the player admitted it?" A succinct and factual statement! Your original prostrate comments were directed to Cityblue and paulbuchmanfromfics? Now your argument has gone from a broad brush castigation of these players, RHP tournament policy to individual attacks? Are you studying at a Russian school of jurisprudence? The facts are you have none. None to prove, none to bring forth. Why not subpoena Airmen Cecil & O'Malley 🙁
I don't know what you're blathering about; you obviously didn't bother to read the thread.

To get you up to speed, read AFX's post on page 2 and my post on the top of page 3 replying to it. The quote I gave above is PB replying to my post.

EDIT: You might also want to look at the games in question; afx's post links to them. "No evidence"??? LMAO!