2009 Championship

2009 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
25 Aug 09
1 edit

Well group 3 is getting near to completion: dgbuckmeister underestimated quite how fast gatecrasher is capable of moving and paid the price for it, he now has to win just one more game to progress to the final.

from group 1 rhprhp has been banned, but probably too late now as sealion looks strong favourite to make it through.

And in group 6.... well, the less said about that the better.

New York

Moves
25 Aug 09

Expecting any more admin action before Round 3 starts, T-chex? The rhprhp banning shows they are on the case. Would love it if they got everything sorted before Round 3 so we could all sit back and watch with pleasure the best players fight it out.

I do hope you are wrong about the Scotsman though. I love seeing an underdog do well & it'd be great if that's exactly what it was.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
25 Aug 09

I reckon there are about 5 engine users who are going to make the final this year. rhprhp getting banned didnt really change much, as he was already out of contention for his group, although nice to see another of that fine clan, romania, get the chop.

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
26 Aug 09

With rhprhp getting the chop, I'm back in the mix with sealion, formally at least, for Gp 1. Sealion is effectively past the post. But in the event that anything 'unusual' occurs and I win the group, I state now that I will not take up my place in the final round. I realise this declaration doesn't amount to much, given the way things are likely to turn out. But I'm making it clear now, just in case

TA
I'm 1/4 Ninja

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by atticus2
With rhprhp getting the chop, I'm back in the mix with [b]sealion, formally at least, for Gp 1. Sealion is effectively past the post. But in the event that anything 'unusual' occurs and I win the group, I state now that I will not take up my place in the final round. I realise this declaration doesn't amount to much, given the way things are likely to turn out. But I'm making it clear now, just in case[/b]
Protest? Holiday? CSI Miami marathon?

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
27 Aug 09

For the reason given by Mr T above

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by atticus2
With rhprhp getting the chop, I'm back in the mix with [b]sealion, formally at least, for Gp 1. Sealion is effectively past the post. But in the event that anything 'unusual' occurs and I win the group, I state now that I will not take up my place in the final round. I realise this declaration doesn't amount to much, given the way things are likely to turn out. But I'm making it clear now, just in case[/b]
A rather futile gesture. If there are cheats in the final you are just making things easier for them.

There is a system in place to get cheats investigated and banned.

How many of the potential finalists in this tournament have you or Mr T filled out fair play tickets for?

How many tickets have you submitted in the past and how many resulted in a banning?

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
27 Aug 09

A gesture, indeed it would be, were the situation to arise. Futile, not for me at least. It would spare me the thankless task of bashing my head against a silicon wall.

How many tickets have I raised? Several, all to my knowledge succesful. And I could raise several more, especially from my current crop of opponents. But the 'system' here is highly burdensome on the time and goodwill of a handful of mods. It's a joyless and time-consuming exercise ploughing through games for reliable evidence. Personally I'm reluctant to put the mods through it.

But today I tried my own private enforcement. I asked an opponent if he could explain his astonishing rating 'improvement' - from c.1100 in his early months in here to a sharp rise from Nov 08 to 2100+. In Sept 08 he was losing regularly to guys 1200+; by Jan 09, he was trouncing 2200+. But instead of offering an explanation, he stormed off in a tantrum, resigning both games 🙄

So I'm the beneficiary of a swag of unearned cartoon points, and have driven a cheat from the tournament in question. Another 'futile gesture'? Perhaps. But I enjoyed it 🙂

T
F**k the EU, IMF,WB

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Nice one atticus not long left for that boy. Looked at his graph like all the rest mad improvement over such a short time, not long now😛

d
happy

home

Moves
28 Aug 09

He has been tickeded many times.

C

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by Swiss Toni

I do hope you are wrong about the Scotsman though. I love seeing an underdog do well & it'd be great if that's exactly what it was.
That's a lovely sentiment

Let's hope he doesn't lose his concentration in the final round like he did in this last game he completed against a slightly less fearsome opponent.

d
happy

home

Moves
28 Aug 09

Or this game, even though his opponent was sllightly above 1000 in ratingpoints. Must have been a shock to lose this game. :'(

:'(

The improvements are really amazing!

Little Donkey

Moves
28 Aug 09

Yes let's hope in the final round he can concentrate hard enough to replicate the heady heights he shows here against a 2200 rated player! Magnificent play

On his day he is a genius!!

T
F**k the EU, IMF,WB

Moves
02 Sep 09

I see our man has started to be timed out now

b

Moves
03 Sep 09

Round 3 has just started. My favorite for winning 2009 Championship is Jockymckilt. He's the only one who made round 2 without any single loss or draw.