2006 Championship has started

2006 Championship has started

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Jan 06

Bit disappointed to get David Tebb in my group (i.e. no chance of progressing) but I did get lucky in my 2005 round 1 so tough cookies as no-one says these days.

It's only a game....:'(

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by zebano
Care to explain why? we don't have to play you =)
And for a very good reason. I haven't committed myself to 20 pointless F'n games to which I have no odds of advancing unless my engine's running.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by zakkwylder
And for a very good reason. I haven't committed myself to 20 pointless F'n games to which I have no odds of advancing unless my engine's running.
Clearly, you're not the kind of person who relishes the prospect of deciding the outcome of the group by causing upsets.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by orfeo
Clearly, you're not the kind of person who relishes the prospect of deciding the outcome of the group by causing upsets.
Now that's intuitive. Clearly, I'm the kind of person who doesn't give rat's ass.

H
A Lost Bobby

London

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Now that's intuitive. Clearly, I'm the kind of person who doesn't give rat's ass.
If you didnt give a rats ass then you wouldnt have made the post. Your point is quite clear. However, assuming no one used an engine, it would still be only a small minority that would have a chance of winning the 2006 tourney. It doesn't seem to have stopped 100% of the 406 entrants. At least some of us just want to see how well we will do, rather than whine about our inability to come first due to whatever reason.

clearly, shut up. The yearly championship is a great tourney.

Good luck to all those involved. Enjoy

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by JimmyBilly
Bit disappointed to get David Tebb in my group (i.e. no chance of progressing) but I did get lucky in my 2005 round 1 so tough cookies as no-one says these days.

It's only a game....:'(
Dont worry about Tebb. You can easily beat him. He's got ya all psyched up already to lose.
Jimmy Billy,.you need a better attitude. You can do it.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by Hegemon
If you didnt give a rats ass then you wouldnt have made the post. Your point is quite clear. However, assuming no one used an engine, it would still be only a small minority that would have a chance of winning the 2006 tourney. It doesn't seem to have stopped 100% of the 406 entrants. At least some of us just want to see how well we will do, rather than whin ...[text shortened]... shut up. The yearly championship is a great tourney.

Good luck to all those involved. Enjoy
Exactly. You don't just enter a tourny like this thinking "I must win". That's a road to nowhere as, clearly, there must be people better than other people for any kind of competition to be worthwhile.

Personally I just enter for the heck of it, it provides a lot of games against different styles of player. What does it matter if you lose or win?

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
09 Jan 06

Originally posted by TheGambit
If it wasn't for you two pesky kids I'd fancy my chances 😞

Don't think I've ever beaten anyone above 1900 so I'm gunning for you buffalobill 😉

Should be interesting between you two though that's for sure.
My best is a 1950 whom I'm 3-0 up with so far, with one to go. Dunno why. I still lose against 1600s though, so your chances are good.
Have fun.

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by TRAINS44
Dont worry about Tebb. You can easily beat him. He's got ya all psyched up already to lose.
Jimmy Billy,.you need a better attitude. You can do it.
Thanks for the encouragement, I am quite positive but realistic !

Well I've just lost my first game against Mr Tebb, our other one is nicely poised for him to rip me to shreds ! Personally I enjoy playing the top players when i get the chance, and David Tebb plays extremely fast too, so that makes it feel like an over the board game.

Got ripped open by IronMan31 last time - don't think he had his engine going against me though - nice chap, had a chat during the game, gave me a few tips, shame about what happened.

😀😀

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by flexmore
group 2 ... wonderboy75 2080 v XanthosNZ 1970
group 3 ... sealion 2189 v jamjamjoe 1998
group 4 ... cludi 2232 v DoJoCleaning 2052
group 16 ... nicohuyboom 2228 v awrightus 2080
group 33 ... Quirine 2047 v TRAINS44 1987

posted by a will-struggle-and-might-make-it-through-underdog; group 29.
Don't forget my group, Group 30. Taavo and his 1770 ranking is misleading. He is new to RHP, and is on a streak. He already won four games in the tournament and doesn't appear to be likely to end his streak here.

Of course it's way too early to speculate on my games with him, but I find no reason to believe he won't have at least an even, if not better than even, chance of winning the group. 🙂

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by buffalobill
My best is a 1950 whom I'm 3-0 up with so far, with one to go. Dunno why. I still lose against 1600s though, so your chances are good.
Have fun.
I don't count. My push to 1900 was the aftermath of months of steriod abuse and narcotics. Now I wake up face-first in a pillow of foamy drool every other morning and my teeth constantly shut on their own accord, and now and then take off pieces of my tongue. But at least I'm not an engine user.

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
21 Jan 06

Originally posted by zebano
Huzzah!

Edit: Best of luck to all involved
Yeaaaaaaa!!!!🙄🙄😲😲, now its 😴😴😴

Canada

Moves
21 Jan 06

I got an upset in my grouping so far, Dotewell about 1700ish lost to Seahag 1300, which will really upset his chances of advancing!!

Hey mr Trains44, im going to check your games, you best be winning this tourney! you know the rules!!

d

Moves
21 Jan 06
2 edits

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
I got an upset in my grouping so far, Dotewell about 1700ish lost to Seahag 1300, which will really upset his chances of advancing!!

Hey mr Trains44, im going to check your games, you best be winning this tourney! you know the rules!!
One of those horrible games where you build a decent position then wreck it all with one inexplicable oversight.

Game 1688154

(I really should start using the notes facility...)

Not good news for me but it certainly won't be the only game I lose in the group.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
22 Jan 06
2 edits

group 23 has a result already!

"whites king knight", User 135050, is through to the second round - winning all 16 games.