1. Llandudno
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 18:40
    I need to replace the tube on my bike tyre. I have plastic inserts, is it as easy as the guy at the bike shop makes it look ?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 16:14
    @timotheus062 said
    I need to replace the tube on my bike tyre. I have plastic inserts, is it as easy as the guy at the bike shop makes it look ?
    Well... for starters you'll need to get the wheel entirely off the bike, 'cause the tube isn't going to dematerialise through the axle. And then you'll need to get it back on, and properly aligned, which can be a bother without the proper tools, especially if you have a derailleur.

Apart from that, yeah, fitting the tube itself should be a piece of cake unless the outer tire is too old or too new. And you don't drop the air valve down the drain.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 19:05
    @timotheus062 said
    yes, it's just as easy as it looks
    YouTube : tube replacement
  4. Joined
    25 Mar '20
    Moves
    02 May '20 08:05
    Careful if using levers, likely to cause a new puncture! If a tyre is really stiff to get back on, I wet the edge with a drop of water/washing up liquid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree