World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
10 Jul 14

Germany 2 Argentina 0

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by ketchuplover
Germany 2 Argentina 0
Thinking about putting £5 on Germany win 3-1
I can get 25/1

What do we reckon?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
game was over after twenty minutes, no tension, poor game, I agree.
I switched of at five so embarrassing for Brazil/the germans are so well drilled I reckon they will destroy Argentina.

rc

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by redbadger
I switched of at five so embarrassing for Brazil/the germans are so well drilled I reckon they will destroy Argentina.
It depends, although i tend to agree with you. Germans can be weak in defense, particularly Mertesacker who may struggle to cope with the pace of Lionel. The problem for the Argies is that they don't really have an out and out goal scorer, the Germans by contrast have lots of goals scorers.

i

Moves
10 Jul 14

It depends, although i tend to agree with you. Germans can be weak in defense, particularly Mertesacker who may struggle to cope with the pace of Lionel. The problem for the Argies is that they don't really have an out and out goal scorer, the Germans by contrast have lots of goals scorers.
Germany - Argentina 4:2
Brazil - Netherlands 1:3

Moves
11 Jul 14

mertesacker usually gets dropped if playing against pace, so it will likely be hummels and boateng. either way lahm is likely to be the player with the responsibility of keeping messi quiet. with khedira and schweinsteiger offering midfield cover, messi wont touch the ball.

germany, easy win.

rc

Moves
11 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
mertesacker usually gets dropped if playing against pace, so it will likely be hummels and boateng. either way lahm is likely to be the player with the responsibility of keeping messi quiet. with khedira and schweinsteiger offering midfield cover, messi wont touch the ball.

germany, easy win.
I dunno, Messi can drift out wide right side as he did against the Netherlands putting him out of the reaches of Lahm and Levezzi might prove more than a handful for Lahm. Argentina have some great players, hopefully Di Maria is fit. My great disappointment has been Ozil, he hasn't really played to his potential, but when he does Germany are unstoppable.

Moves
11 Jul 14

I dunno, Messi can drift out wide right side as he did against the Netherlands putting him out of the reaches of Lahm and Levezzi might prove more than a handful for Lahm. Argentina have some great players, hopefully Di Maria is fit. My great disappointment has been Ozil, he hasn't really played to his potential, but when he does Germany are unstoppable.
lahm plays both sides. teams have had good results against messi inverting their fullbacks so if messi cuts inside the full back is still using his stronger foot, pushing messi wide where teams want him. id rather argenting didnt play him wide and give him a free role or a false 9.

ozil was decent against brazil, but then again stephen hawking would have looked dangerous against david luiz.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Jul 14
1 edit

I predict 0-0 and Argentina wins in PK.

Why? Because exactly when people think a team can score at will is when the end up not scoring. As the match draws on at 0-0. the pressure will mount for Germany, whom everyone expects to win and that expectation will cause them to tighten up during the game and choke in PKs.

Moves
11 Jul 14

Originally posted by sh76
I predict 0-0 and Argentina wins in PK.

Why? Because exactly when people think a team can score at will is when the end up not scoring. As the match draws on at 0-0. the pressure will mount for Germany, whom everyone expects to win and that expectation will cause them to tighten up during the game and choke in PKs.
If it goes to pens I'd fancy Germany, purely because teams don't generally win two shootouts in a row. For sure they would have looked at where Romero dived and where the Argentinean players placed their pens against Holland.

S

Utrecht

Moves
11 Jul 14

Argentina didn't look strong in the PK's against the Netherlands. The dutch goalie could/should've stopped two.
Germany is aware of Messi. Very much so. That makes them cautious. And Argentina isn't a blind attacking team and that holding back could eliminate the German strenght. Germany is most dangerous when they can change from defense to offense. In that turning point they are deadly, the field is wide and open, midfield closes in rapidly. Most of their goals against Brazil were scored that way.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 Jul 14

Do you think the bronze medal match is the least watched match out of the 64 matches in the World Cup?

S

Utrecht

Moves
12 Jul 14

No, what about Japan vs Greece to name just one.
Van Gaal found a goal deep down somewhere, and that's leaving the tournament undefeated in regular playing time. maybe they want to fight for something, a last good impression.
But yes, on the other hand, it's a game of the dissapointed.
Just the overall tournament result will do for place 3 and 4 in the future imho.

S

Utrecht

Moves
13 Jul 14

Third. Proud. Never expected this result.
And congratulations to ManU for contracting the best coach in the world.

rc

Moves
13 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Sake
Third. Proud. Never expected this result.
And congratulations to ManU for contracting the best coach in the world.
José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix is the best coach in the world!