World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
26 Jun 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
He cried?! It's embarrassing when athletes cry unless it's for tears of joy for winning a championship!
I saw the pathetic scene in TV Globo.
http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecoes/uruguai/noticia/2014/06/suarez-aparece-chorando-na-porta-da-concentracao-do-uruguai.html

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
26 Jun 14

Advancing based on better goal differential is like winning a world championship based on a penalty kicks contest.

rc

Moves
26 Jun 14

Originally posted by sh76
Advancing based on better goal differential is like winning a world championship based on a penalty kicks contest.
Hardly the USA have done really well to get out of a group that was probably one of the most difficult in the tournament.

M

Moves
27 Jun 14

So if USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica win their first knockout stage games, they can have a mini CONCACAF tournament with a CONMEBOL / UEFA guest.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
27 Jun 14

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
So if USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica win their first knockout stage games, they can have a mini CONCACAF tournament with a CONMEBOL / UEFA guest.
That's cool if USA could get passed Argentina and Mexico could get past Netherlands, But still USA would have to get past Belgium.

I was a little disappointed in Russia to not get a chance to play Germany because that would've been a cool match.

S

Utrecht

Moves
27 Jun 14

Russia did what they could. They just couldn't do any better. I was disapointed with S.Korea and with Belgium in particular. 9 out of 9, good individual players, but boy, 3 times a very poor play. I put my money on the USA against my southern neighbours. Fitter, better collective, more spirit, tough team to beat.

i

Moves
27 Jun 14

Originally posted by Sake
Russia did what they could. They just couldn't do any better. I was disapointed with S.Korea and with Belgium in particular. 9 out of 9, good individual players, but boy, 3 times a very poor play. I put my money on the USA against my southern neighbours. Fitter, better collective, more spirit, tough team to beat.
Even though I don't think highly of this Russian team, they did show glimpses of attractive play in the first half. Their goal was memorable, there was Samedov's one-on-one where he should've scored, and some counters were fast and dangerous like in Hiddink's times. The foul leading to Algeria's goal was simply stupid - he should've cleared just a moment before. So even if there's not enough talent, they stood a good chance in beating Algeria and getting out of the relatively easy group. May be they would've relaxed against Germany and played the game of their lifes. Most of all they lacked confidence.

R

California

Moves
27 Jun 14
2 edits

Day 1 of knockout rounds I have to go with the huge upset and pick Chile over Brazil 1-0. And the second match Uruguay will win 1-0 also against Colombia.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
28 Jun 14

Gents, you read it here first: Chile will beat Brazil.

R

California

Moves
28 Jun 14

Originally posted by Seitse
Gents, you read it here first: Chile will beat Brazil.
I beat you by 2:30 hours. Read above your post. 😏

S

Utrecht

Moves
28 Jun 14

Without Suarez, Uruguay won't have a chance against Colombia. 2-0 for coca county.

p

Moves
28 Jun 14

Originally posted by sh76
Hmmn !, I think you Yanky-Doodle's still need more education on the Beautiful game .
Seriously though, well done the U,S it's been good to watch them they have played some good football just need a bit more punch up front .
I think the U,S will be a major force in International football if the interest carries on , with a population over 300 million the potential is frightening .
When you think England ,the Mother of Football fail so miserably and have not learned a thing since 1966 the rise of the U,S is even more astounding .
On the England front I honestly couldn't conjure up a group out of the weakest teams at the Brazil world cup that we would get out of .

i

Moves
28 Jun 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
Day 1 of knockout rounds I have to go with the huge upset and pick Chile over Brazil 1-0. And the second match Uruguay will win 1-0 also against Colombia.
Disagree here. Brazil wins 3:1, Colombia wins 3:1

S

Utrecht

Moves
28 Jun 14

Brazil over Chili 1-0
Colombia beats Uruguay 2-0

R

California

Moves
28 Jun 14
1 edit

For ALL sports if referees make costly errors they should miss out for 6 months on games and be fined!!! I hate to be that ref. walking out of that stadium in Brazil. I hope he has body guards 😉.

Also if I was a ref. I would yellow card all the players who flop/fake they injuries.