BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
16 Nov 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Did you bother the watch the bowl games last year?? The EXACT opposite happened. WAC team Boise State (which couldn't be compared to a major conference team according to you) beat Big 12 champ Oklahoma in one of the most memorable college games of all time. And the BCS championship game was an utter rout. I guess you forgot all about that.
Oklahoma stunk.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Nov 07

Originally posted by Red Night
Oklahoma stunk.
Then how did they win one of the "powerhouse" conferences and acheive a #5 ranking?

w

Moves
16 Nov 07
3 edits

Ok, I give up. Oregon lost last night. I have no idea who is who in college football. Throw the rankings out the window and lets have a play off system!!

Nothing makes any sense any more in college football. There is simply to much parity. Parity is a good thing if there is a play off system but a bad thing when at the end of the year you really have no idea who really deserves to be #1 after one little NC game. I kinda feel sorry for whoever wins the NC. Their crown will almost assuradly be contested vehmently and with little respect given to them.

j

Moves
16 Nov 07

Actually i want the regular season to count as much as possible. Last night game was great to watch because Oregon needed it if it were to have a chance to play in the championship game. I think bad teams beat better teams all the time when they are given a chance. The Cardinals won the world series last year and they were pretty bad for most of the year. I think systems that give too many teams a chance suck. they ruin the regular season and demean a championship. I want to feel like the best teams play for a championship, not that some team got a good break, played one good game, benefited from an injury or a suspension or a bad call and was crowned a chmapion even though everyone knew they were not the best team all year.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 Nov 07

Some "expert" was extolling the virtues of the mighty Arizona State and Oregon programs a few short weeks ago. Now that both of them have been derailed, he is marketing the hell out of the undefeated juggernaut Hawaii Rainbows. He mocks the other "so called experts" because they mock his inane claims that Hawaii deserves to be on the same field as the LSU's, OU's, Kansas, etc.... because they have the most prolific offense in the land and run by the (in his terms) "Heisman favorite" Colt Brennen. Their defense also must be tougher that hardened steel and will stop all of the other wannabe contenders because they have beaten every patsy they have played so far and another WAC team (Boise State) won a big game last year too.

How much was that suspension bridge from California to Hawaii going to cost again??? And he can build it in only one month??? Riiiiigggghhhhtttt !!!!!!!!!!!!

w

Moves
17 Nov 07

I just have a question that I would like to have answered. Why did OSU drop to #7 with their first loss and LSU only dropped to #5 with their first loss? Especially considering that OSU lost to a better Illinios team than to a worse Kentucky team that LSU lost to?

w

Moves
17 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I just have a question that I would like to have answered. Why did OSU drop to #7 with their first loss and LSU only dropped to #5 with their first loss? Especially considering that OSU lost to a better Illinios team than to a worse Kentucky team that LSU lost to?
Because when LSU lost to Kentucky, Kentucky was ranked. Also it seems naive to assume that Illinois is a much better team than Kentucky. I hope you are not basing your assessment of Illinois on the fact that they have one win more than Kentucky. Kentucky is a pretty strong team. Just compare the stats of the two teams .

Edit: Keep in mind Kentucky plays in the toughest conference in College Football.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
17 Nov 07
2 edits

Then how did they win one of the "powerhouse" conferences and acheive a #5 ranking?
Powerhouse Conference?

The Big 12 stinks.

Kansas is winning in the big 12. I'm not sure who was their toughest opponent Central Michigan, South East Louisiana, Florida International, Toledo.

They won one game against a ranked opponent..cross state rival Kansas State 30-24.

Oklahoma's Schedule is almost as weak. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Texas Tech this week.

w

Moves
17 Nov 07

Sigh i really feel for Oregon right now. They and LSU deserve to be in the NC. Its unfortunate Oregon fell to the cursed #2 spot. Even though Oregon is playing my team next game, i wish them and Dixon the best of luck.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Nov 07
1 edit

Powerhouse Conference?

The Big 12 stinks.

Kansas is winning in the big 12. I'm not sure who was their toughest opponent Central Michigan, South East Louisiana, Florida International, Toledo.

They won one game against a ranked opponent..cross state rival Kansas State 30-24.

Oklahoma's Schedule is almost as weak. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Texas Tech this week.
Actually, the Big 12 is quite strong with Kansas, OU, Missouri and Texas all ranked in the top 15. Both of Texas' losses have come at the hands of Big 12 teams. OU's loss is at the hands of a Big 12 foe. Missouri has also lost 2 games to Big 12 foes. At least two and possibly 3 of those teams could make it into the BCS bowl games. I don't think this is a sign of a weak conference.

w

Moves
17 Nov 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Actually, the Big 12 is quite strong with Kansas, OU, Missouri and Texas all ranked in the top 15. Both of Texas' losses have come at the hands of Big 12 teams. OU's loss is at the hands of a Big 12 foe. Missouri has also lost 2 games to Big 12 foes. At least two and possibly 3 of those teams could make it into the BCS bowl games. I don't think this is a sign of a weak conference.
I hope you are kidding. Its easy for those four teams to stay dominant, considering how much the other teams within the conference suck. Also Oklahoma is the only team that has proven itself . The other 3 teams (Kansas, Missouri and Texas) have not even played each other. The only big matchup is Kansas and Missouri, and then we will see how overrated Kansas truly is!!!

w

Moves
17 Nov 07

Originally posted by weirdboy
Sigh i really feel for Oregon right now. They and LSU deserve to be in the NC. Its unfortunate Oregon fell to the cursed #2 spot. Even though Oregon is playing my team next game, i wish them and Dixon the best of luck.
Agreed. They just better not be still ranked ahead of my Buckeys come Monday morning. 😠

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
18 Nov 07

One word: Michigan.

You lose to a non-division I squad AT HOME, then get smashed by Oregon AT HOME and then because you run off a winning streak against Big Ten patsies you rise to #12????? The clowns with the funny helmets have still only played two road games, against pathetic Northwestern (which lost to otherwise winless Duke AT HOME)and ...[text shortened]... f Arizona State wins this week at Oregon, they deserve #1.

Let the howling begin.
joining this thred late. I must say that it's pretty hilarious how you call Illinois overrated. I'm not a fan, but they DID hand it to OSU...
point made though, the BCS IS messed up. from my team, look at UT. we KILLED Georgia as underdogs. now, where are the DOGS currently rated? exactly. this is pathetic. PLAYOFFS!!

w

Moves
18 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
joining this thred late. I must say that it's pretty hilarious how you call Illinois overrated. I'm not a fan, but they DID hand it to OSU...
point made though, the BCS IS messed up. from my team, look at UT. we KILLED Georgia as underdogs. now, where are the DOGS currently rated? exactly. this is pathetic. PLAYOFFS!!
Here, here!! We need playoffs!!!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
18 Nov 07

The Big 12 stinks.

Oklahoma stinks. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Texas Tech this week.
Great call on defrauders "mighty" Oklahoma squad folding like a cheap suit against un-rated Texas Tech.

AND, I have to agree with you on all points:

The Big 12 stinks and so does Oklahoma.

Any predictions for next week?