BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
20 Nov 07

There is a big difference between beating pitt or any big east champion and playing for a national championship. I'd have a lot less trouble with hawaii playing georgia than LSU for national championship.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 07

Originally posted by poundlee
There is a big difference between beating pitt or any big east champion and playing for a national championship. I'd have a lot less trouble with hawaii playing georgia than LSU for national championship.
So you don't think any Big East champion should play for the national championship either?

w

Moves
23 Nov 07
3 edits

It is now clear to me. USC is, in fact, the best college team in the land as I had originally suspected before the season even began. I think that is clear now especially in light of what they did not poor #6 Arizona. What threw me was that they had injuries that caused them to loose a few games this season. What is funny, however, is that there is NO way they can be #1 thanks to the wonderful BCS system. You know, maybe the BCS system is'nt so bad after all. 😵

You know what would be even funnier, it would be halarious if my Buckeys moved up to #1 or #2 after this hopefull weekend of continued carnage. Then my Bucks might bypass the best team in college football while possibly winning a NC as a result. Then again, I was looking forward to facing USC in the Rose Bowl.......NOT!!!

w

Moves
24 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
It is now clear to me. USC is, in fact, the best college team in the land as I had originally suspected before the season even began. I think that is clear now especially in light of what they did not poor #6 Arizona. What threw me was that they had injuries that caused them to loose a few games this season. What is funny, however, is that there is NO way NC as a result. Then again, I was looking forward to facing USC in the Rose Bowl.......NOT!!!
Simply prophetic. LSU just lost!!!!!!!!

Now it is either OSU or WVU who will play for the NC against either Kansas or Missouri. Perhaps I was a little to quick to condemn the BCS system. After all, I enjoy rooting for the underdog and trust me teams like WVU, Kansas, Missouri, and OSU are underdogs in comparison to teams like LSU and USC and the BCS gives such underdogs an oppurtunity to be National Champions. Conversly, if we had the play off system USC would probably win it all this year as well as next year, and the year after that, and the year after that etc, etc.

p

Moves
24 Nov 07

USC may have the most pro prospects or the most 4 and 5 star recruits but week in week out there is no way they are a number 1 team. It matters whether or not yet actually win and it matters how you play and many times this year USC simply looked bad.

w

Moves
24 Nov 07
1 edit

USC may have the most pro prospects or the most 4 and 5 star recruits but week in week out there is no way they are a number 1 team. It matters whether or not yet actually win and it matters how you play and many times this year USC simply looked bad.
Are you suggesting that every game is a play off game during the regular season? If so, I would agree. If not, then I would disagree.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Nov 07

Forget that rubbish: Colt Brennan goes 40-53 for 495 yards and 5 TDs as undefeated Hawaii beats last year's REAL national champion Boise State 39-27. And unlike some teams we could mention, Hawaii even took a knee at the BSU 1 late rather than run up the score (though that might have helped with the polls).

The pretenders keep falling, but the Rainbow Warriors just keep taking care of business. A win next week against Washington and they'll be in the BCS, though undoubtedly they'll get screwed out of the Championship game. And then you'll get to see the best QB in college football take on a "powerhouse" conference champion; and he'll light them up.

p

Moves
24 Nov 07

Last year's champion certainly was not Boise State, but i do home you enjoy your fiction world. Apparently best team in the WAC = each year's nation champion.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Nov 07

Last year's champion certainly was not Boise State, but i do home you enjoy your fiction world. Apparently best team in the WAC = each year's nation champion.
No, only undefeated team that played in and won a BCS Bowl = National Champion.

w

Moves
24 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Forget that rubbish: Colt Brennan goes 40-53 for 495 yards and 5 TDs as undefeated Hawaii beats last year's REAL national champion Boise State 39-27. And unlike some teams we could mention, Hawaii even took a knee at the BSU 1 late rather than run up the score (though that might have helped with the polls).

The pretenders keep falling, but the R in college football take on a "powerhouse" conference champion; and he'll light them up.
If schools like Hawaii want to play with the "big boys" in the NC perhaps they should play with the "big boys" during the regular season. I mean, why don't they play schools like USC?

p

Moves
25 Nov 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
No, only undefeated team that played in and won a BCS Bowl = National Champion.
This is exactly why I would not let a team like hawaii play in a BCS game. Because all you say is huge sats for a quaterback who play against a super soft schedule then if they one one bowl game you actually believe they should be called the best team. I have mych more respect for teqams which play solid teams each week even if they actually lose a game or two than one who throws every down against terrible teams.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
25 Nov 07

If schools like Hawaii want to play with the "big boys" in the NC perhaps they should play with the "big boys" during the regular season. I mean, why don't they play schools like USC?
USC doesn't want them on their schedule...which is a good thing because you have to give a home&home...can you imagine how the buckeyes would play after a week in hawaii?

They would be too hammered off of mai tai's to do a huddle.

hehehehe

Dave

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Nov 07

It takes 2 teams to schedule. Last year, Hawaii played Alabama, Purdue and Oregon State in their regular season and Arizona State in a bowl game. This year they could only schedule Washington (which was expected to be a better team). As I have pointed out repeatedly, Ohio State's out of conference schedule this year was a Division 1-AA, two of the weaker teams in the Mid American and Washington. Why doesn't Ohio State schedule USC in the regular season?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Nov 07

This is exactly why I would not let a team like hawaii play in a BCS game. Because all you say is huge sats for a quaterback who play against a super soft schedule then if they one one bowl game you actually believe they should be called the best team. I have mych more respect for teqams which play solid teams each week even if they actually lose a game or two than one who throws every down against terrible teams.
"Terrible" Fresno State blew out Kansas State yesterday. Yeah, if a team is undefeated and beats a BCS automatic bid conference champion they deserve credit for it. You're just afraid that another mid-major will whip one of the "powerhouses" in the BCS, like they have done 2 of the last 3 years.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
25 Nov 07

So that means a team like Ohio State should get a better chance at another (they got pounded last year, by the way) NC game, even though they have lost a game, and haven't had any impressive wins?