‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You removed 20 words from a 23 word sentence. If you'd left the sentence intact your silly banter answer would have highlighted your dishonesty.
My “silly banter answer” was about how you constantly repeat yourself and ask the same questions over and over and over again. It had nothing to do with the post I excerpted three words from.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
My “silly banter answer” was about how you constantly repeat yourself and ask the same questions over and over and over again. It had nothing to do with the post I excerpted three words from.
When I see you have dodged or deflected or you've tried to answer a different question of you're own making, I repeat the question. If you answer it, I move on. It's been my way of doing things here for 10 years or more. There's always stuff to discuss. You were wriggling and squirming on the Timothy-help-your-mother thread because you had run off at the mouth so much you hadn't quite remembered what you'd said.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

When I see you have dodged or deflected or you've tried to answer a different question of you're own making, I repeat the question. If you answer it, I move on. It's been my way of doing things here for 10 years or more. There's always stuff to discuss. You were wriggling and squirming on the Timothy-help-your-mother thread because you had run off at the mouth so much you hadn't quite remembered what you'd said.
Sounds like projection to me, hombre. That may be why you’re constantly repeating yourself and forgetting what people say in response to your questions. You spout off so much you can’t keep track of all your bloviating.

If you would just slow down and not be in such a hurry to disagree and argue, your noggin might actually absorb some information instead of it flying over your head all the time.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18
1 edit

I take it you do not believe in annihilationism? Apparently there is Biblical support for it.

Do you believe in eternal punishment in hell for the unsaved?
I don’t believe in eternal suffering as per my OP of this thread.

I am under no compulsion to come up with an alternative.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18
1 edit

And good luck finding someone who can educate you on the points that you don’t have all the answers and that the ways of an omniscient and completely holy God are far superior to the ways of His creation, particularly after the fall.

“Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?”

(Job 40:8)

“Woe unto ...[text shortened]... ay to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?“

(Isaiah 45:9)
Firing your ancient religious texts at me in frunstration is pointless as I have skin as thick as Galveston75’s skull.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @jacob-verville
So do be open, then, and let me know why it is that you feel you have the right to condemn the church fathers and cherrypick the Bible.
I’m not condemning anyone. What on Earth are you on about.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18

Is the dive character an atheist? If so, I can see why he’s latched onto this topic, but he ought to take a deep breath and admit to himself that not only does he not have all the answers, but the doctrine he is criticizing may not have as much Biblical support as he may think.

Plus, he’s not omniscient, eternal and completely holy. I trust God’s ways are perfect, merciful and just.
Why am I “the dive character”? Is this a term of endearment?

I don’t have all the answers, why would you think that I think I do?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18

But is the dive character an atheist? .
Why don’t you ask me instead of repeatedly asking another poster

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18

You excerpted one of my posts! Thank goodness I’m not you or I’d be throwing a hissy fit right about now.
I’ve been posting here for nearly a decade and in all that time I don’t remember FMF even getting angry let alone throwing a hissy fit. You just sound like a frustrated child.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Why am I “the dive character”? Is this a term of endearment?

I don’t have all the answers, why would you think that I think I do?
You’re “the dive character” to me because I don’t remember the rest of your screen name.

If you are seeking to judge God based on the concept of eternity in hell for the unsaved, then I would suggest you are making this judgment based on limited information. The same goes if you are judging other Christians who believe in that concept.

Truth is, we are not even sure annihilationism is incorrect, so that is yet another reason you should not mock or cast aspersions onto God for something that may not be sound doctrine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

I’ve been posting here for nearly a decade and in all that time I don’t remember FMF even getting angry let alone throwing a hissy fit. You just sound like a frustrated child.
Whatever. His anger may manifest itself in more subtle ways than someone who directly attacks another or screams in all caps, but it’s there. I know it and he knows it. You probably know it too, your statement to the contrary notwithstanding.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Don't be such an oaf. I have mentioned at least three times DIRECTLY to you that he is your fellow Christian.
Don’t think so, but this is probably your faulty memory coming into play again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Which makes the stuff you are saying to divegeester all the more risible.
You’re really a fan of the word “risible,” aren’t you? Glad to see you’re improving your vocabulary; you’ll be George Will in no time.

But remember: An impressive vocabulary can mask flawed thinking but not eliminate it. Better to improve your thinking via education on the subjects you’re discussing than relying on a synonym finder to sound more intelligent.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

I’m not condemning anyone. What on Earth are you on about.
You referred to people of that time as bigoted.

Isn't bigot a form of condemnation?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

I don’t believe in eternal suffering as per my OP of this thread.

I am under no compulsion to come up with an alternative.
No one’s under compulsion to do anything but pay taxes and die. But if you don’t believe in an eternity in hell for the unsaved, why mock God for something that may not even be sound doctrine (and given the uncertainty of our understanding of time, may not be what we imagine it to be if it is sound doctrine.)