Young Earth Creationism and Time

Young Earth Creationism and Time

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
http://www.ldolphin.org/eden/

One clue lies in linguistics: the term Eden, or Edin, appears first in Sumer, the Mesopotamian region that produced the world's first written language. This was in the third millennium B.C., more than three thousand years after the rise of the Ubaid culture. In Sumerian the word "Eden" meant simply "fertile pl ...[text shortened]... m" also existed in cuneiform, meaning something like "settlement on the plain."
Oh, the Sumerians again.

You know, ever since Zecharia Sitchin did his research on some Sumerian tablets and formulated his bizarro theories, I haven't had much confidence in anything the Sumerians managed to carve out on their tablets.

If they really wrote what he says they wrote, then they were a people who were WAY too much into the peyote, if you know what I mean.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Apr 13

Zecharia Sitchin was nuts but his insanity is not the fault of cuneiform.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, the Sumerians again.

You know, ever since Zecharia Sitchin did his research on some Sumerian tablets and formulated his bizarro theories, I haven't had much confidence in anything the Sumerians managed to carve out on their tablets.

If they really wrote what he says they wrote, then they were a people who were WAY too much into the peyote, if you know what I mean.
Since most of what was written then is gone forever, maybe what you hear about was the equivalent of hippies of the day. It could be just what was accidentally left.