You must be born again

You must be born again

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
And yet a pretty sorry result for someone who's supposed to be all-loving, omnipotent, and omniscient.
I never said any of these things..but since you brought it up...

All loving...yes.

Omniscient...yes.

Omnipotent...I'm not sure, I tend to believe no.

SS

Moves
12 Sep 05

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
No it wouldnt, its not in the same context.
Yes it is. God is love and it would contradict His nature. He cannot be untrue to Himself.
God is all Light and in Him is no darkness at all.

SS

Moves
12 Sep 05

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
So why didnt he make all people good? then he wouldnt have to hurl so many into the flames.
Because He wanted people with free will to choose between Good and Evil.
Light and Darkness.
God and Satan.
He was not interested in a people with no choice...

Glory To GOD !

Jesus Is Lord !!

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Beer n Pawn
does god ever tell you to strap dynamite to your body and ride the train system?
Wrong religion. The things we do are in the spirit realm where it really matters. That which is of flesh is flesh ... that which is of spirit is spirit. To take matters in our own hands and try and solve them would only make us like every other flawed religion. Not only that, we walk in a relationship with The Almighty and that is so far away from religion it is not funny. Religion is man made ..... Relationship is God made !

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by oilman
Religion is man made ..... Relationship is God made !
What about a faithful relationship between two men?

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
12 Sep 05
1 edit

Wrong religion. The things we do are in the spirit realm where it really matters. That which is of flesh is flesh ... that which is of spirit is spirit. To take matters in our own hands and try and solve them would only make us like every other flawed religion. Not only that, we walk in a relationship with The Almighty and that is so far away from religion it is not funny. Religion is man made ..... Relationship is God made !
Islam worships the same god as you do, they just think Mohammed was a prophet and aren't as impressed with Jesus.

And what about the Crusades, the Inquisition, and all those "heretics" executed for saying things like the sun was the center of the solar system.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
Islam worships the same god as you do, they just think Mohammed was a prophet and aren't as impressed with Jesus.

And what about the Crusades, the Inquisition, and all those "heretics" executed for saying things like the sun was the center of the solar system.
Those don't count. Oilman's religion didn't begin until the late-1960's. Or was it the late 80's early 90's with the Vineyard movement.

They have managed to execute thousands of people . . . yet. The tighter they get with the Republicans though, the better chance they have.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by telerion
Those don't count. Oilman's religion didn't begin until the late-1960's. Or was it the late 80's early 90's with the Vineyard movement.

They have managed to execute thousands of people . . . yet. The tighter they get with the Republicans though, the better chance they have.
I am interested in the history of this Born Again malignancy. Do you have a link giving the roots of this poisoned tree?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Sep 05
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
I am interested in the history of this Born Again malignancy. Do you have a link giving the roots of this poisoned tree?
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/char/abrief.htm

I found this site pretty quickly after googling "charismatic movement US history." I cannot swear to its veracity, but it is consistent with the vague idea that I had in mind. I picked up tidbits of the history in charismatic churches as I grew up.

http://www.oru.edu/university/library/holyspirit/pentorg1.html

Here Oral Roberts Uni (a fine institution of ) gives a whole history, tracing its roots back to England. If you scroll down close to the bottom you get back to history detailed in the first link.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0860296.html

Another one. Really there all over the place if you enter the same google search. It appears Dennis Bennett had a lot to do with it back in 1961. Ok, bedtime.

Oh wikipedia has a nice history too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic

PS: Again, I cannot endorse any one of these sites as accurate. To be honest I've really only scanned them.

Edit: Oh you are interested in born again. I was talking about charismatics. Oilman is definitely one of these types. I'm sure he speaks in tongues and all that. Usually the case when people are binding spirits online. 🙄

Edit2: I suppose I should point out that Charismatics are a subset of Born Agains, but not all Born Agains are Charismatics. Then again a lot of non-charismatic Born Agains think Charismatics are not Born Agains, so who knows really?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Yes it is. God is love and it would contradict His nature. He cannot be untrue to Himself.
God is all Light and in Him is no darkness at all.
You apparently have never actually read the Bible. Please read Numbers 31: 1-19 particulary verse 17 where the Israelites, at Monster God's supposed command, massacre every male child of the Midianites. There are many examples in Joshua of whole cities being put to the sword, including Jericho where every man, woman, child and even animals were slaughtered to the last. So it is not against your God's nature if you believe in the Bible.

So, if your God commanded you would you stick a sword in a baby??

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I never said any of these things..but since you brought it up...

All loving...yes.

Omniscient...yes.

Omnipotent...I'm not sure, I tend to believe no.
god's supposed to speak things into existence and is given credit for having 'the power to cast body and soul into hell'. Even if you believe he is not omnipotent, he is portrayed as so powerful that there is no practical difference.

Glory To GOD !

Jesus Is Lord !!

Moves
12 Sep 05

It is almost impossible to talk to you about the things of God , seeing that the bible is spitually discerned. When a non-believer reads it they are just words in a book subject to their interpretation. But when a believer reads the bible it is under the direction of the Holy Spirit and the Word becomes alive. Some things are to read for a figurative interpretation and some things are literal. The spiritual interpretation for the Old Testament references mentioned concerning killing all the people including the children was figuratively speaking of that which is not holy had to be removed from the midst so that it wouldn't come back at a latter date to attack them again. In our day ay the present we would not consider killing any other person because we are to follow the example of Jesus and love one another and lay our lives down for, yes, even the unbeliever so they can see that the Lord is good and His mercy endures forever.

L

Moves
12 Sep 05

It is almost impossible to talk to you about the things of God , seeing that the bible is spitually discerned. When a non-believer reads it they are just words in a book subject to their interpretation. But when a believer reads the bible it is under the direction of the Holy Spirit and the Word becomes alive. Some things are to read for a figurative interpre ...[text shortened]... r, yes, even the unbeliever so they can see that the Lord is good and His mercy endures forever.
oh, i see. so how do i get a magic decoder ring? does it come in Cheerios or Frosted Flakes? Cracker Jack boxes?