1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 12:58
    To everyone here. You are invited to your local Kingdom Hall for the memorial of Jesus Christ death.
    On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:
    “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 13:07
    If I want to boycott Kingdom Halls that, for example, have been involved in or implicated in scandals where child sex abuse was covered up by the JW organization or by its elders or members, can I get a list? Would the JW organization, in the interests of transparency, provide a list like that?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 13:297 edits
    @galveston75
    To everyone here. You are invited to your local Kingdom Hall for the memorial of Jesus Christ death.
    On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:

The Lord's table meeting is not for and should not be participated in by unbelievers in the Lord and Savior Jesus.

The Lord's supper is not a general gathering of all the world's people including believers in Christ WITH non-believers in Christ.

We believers in the Son of God would invite unbelievers to a Gospel meeting or a ministry meeting or even for a regular supper or meal. Or we may invite them to witness a baptism of one of their friends who have gotten saved.

We as Christian may invite unbelievers to a Bible study or a meeting of some kind of outreach or practical help in the name of the Lord.

The Lord's table and the Lord's supper are for believers in the Lord only, the disciples. And then ANY believer in the Lord Jesus, in principle, may come to the Lord's table meeting of one of the local churches.

Where is your ground to invite ANY person to participate in the breaking of bread and sharing of the cup to commemorate the death of Christ ?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 15:581 edit
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

The Lord's table meeting is not for and should not be participated in by unbelievers i ...[text shortened]... to participate in the breaking of bread and sharing of the cup to commemorate the death of Christ ?
    You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge of the JW cult religion. Plus your continued poor comprehension of the English language.

The JWs invite all to ATTEND. All who attend fall into one of 3 categories

- JWs who participate in the bread and wine
    - JWs who do not participate in the bread and wine
    - All others who attend.

The first group are part of the 144,000 spoken of in Revelation who live with Christ in the New Jerusalem. How they are able to determine this in advance of the coming Christ shows clearly that they are a false cult religion.

The second group are the multitude of JWs + all who were accounted worthy of the Kingdom of God to be established on the earth. They are not allowed to break bread and drink wine as commanded by Christ.

The third group are those who just go there to watch them practice their false cult nonsense. Why would anyone do that is beyond me.

So Sonship, go read up on the JW religion and take some English comprehension classes.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 16:391 edit
    Rajk999,

Please forgive me if I said in the past something unnecessarily hurtful to you. Someone says I called you an idiot. I thought I wrote that you were talking or acting like one.

Whatever I wrote, I apologize for hurtful words if you were offended. Jesus loves you and you are a man created in the image of God with inherent dignity.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 17:112 edits
    @sonship said
    Rajk999,

Please forgive me if I said in the past something unnecessarily hurtful to you. Someone says I called you an idiot. I thought I wrote that you were talking or acting like one.

Whatever I wrote, I apologize for hurtful words if you were offended. Jesus loves you and you are a man created in the image of God with inherent dignity.
    Sonship, you need some professional help in several areas of your life. First we have had this conversation before and Im sure I told you that there is nothing you can do via an internet chat site to hurt me. Next, you probably need to apologise to yourself for what you probably said because it sure does not bother me. Finally you will have to deal with Christ when the time comes for all the false doctrines and lies you have spoken about His teachings chief of which is the one where you tell others that it is not a requirement to live righteously and do goods works. You have bigger problems than my feelings about your insults. Have I ever complained that people insulted me? I dont do that. I see past insults and read the content of the post and respond to that.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 17:485 edits
    @Rajk999

Sonship, you need some professional help in several areas of your life.

lol.
    I'm often on the look out for a good accountant. You know, retirement planning and such.

First we have had this conversation before and Im sure I told you that there is nothing you can do via an internet chat site to hurt me.

Okay. I am not to motivated hurt you or anyone else here. Ghost has been stumbled by a comment I made. And I thought to clear it up with you.

It sure doesn't mean I like your treatment of the New Testament. But MAYBE, Ghost will feel he can drop reminding me about this - though you don't seemed concerned.

Next, you probably need to apologise to yourself for what you probably said because it sure does not bother me.

We got that. Ya don't care. Water off a slippery duck's back.
    We got that.

Finally you will have to deal with Christ when the time comes for all the false doctrines and lies you have spoken about His teachings chief of which is the one where you tell others that it is not a requirement to live righteously and do goods works.

I will stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    I will give an account of my service at the judgment seat [bema] for the disciples. (2 Cor. 5:10; Rom. 14:10-12);

But I don't think you are very clear about those verses based on past discussions.

You have never point out any errors though, in my presentation of the Gospel, aside from where you disagree in favor of your kind of Judaizing.

You have bigger problems than my feelings about your insults. Have I ever complained that people insulted me? I dont do that. I see past insults and read the content of the post and respond to that.

Good.
    But you get pretty defeated every time you tried to charge me with a false teaching of the New Testament Gospel.

It is not a pleasant experience for me to expose all the time, how you're wrong.

But like you, feelings is not my major concern. And I really am not in any expectation that some of the blatantly wrong things you have written about my presentation of aspects of the New Testament, will necessarily be fewer.

Ie. Do you still trust in works for the earning of eternal redemption ? Or do you still use the strawman argument that I teach "cheap grace" as if God cares nothing for our being conformed to the image of Christ in living ?

If you still teach these things, you're still off.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 18:24
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Sonship, you need some professional help in several areas of your life.

lol.
    I'm often on the look out for a good accountant. You know, retirement planning and such.

First we have had this conversation before and Im sure I told you that there is nothing you can do via an internet chat site to hurt me.

Okay. I am not ...[text shortened]... conformed to the image of Christ in living ?

If you still teach these things, you're still off.
    You teach cheap grace and promote dead faith.
    You will answer to Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 18:582 edits
    @Rajk999

You teach cheap grace and promote dead faith.
    You will answer to Christ.

You cannot back up the first statement.
    You are totally unable to back up and substantiate the charge that I teach -

Ie. "We should sin that grace may abound."

And I think you KNOW that you cannot.

THEREFORE you will not even ATTEMPT to substantiate that I teach taking advantage of the gift of grace so as to sin all the more.

Now make an excuse why you won't. Then check your stats. Maybe somebody was impressed. I see through you though.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 21:41
    @fmf said
    If I want to boycott Kingdom Halls that, for example, have been involved in or implicated in scandals where child sex abuse was covered up by the JW organization or by its elders or members, can I get a list? Would the JW organization, in the interests of transparency, provide a list like that?
    Hats off.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 21:42
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

The Lord's table meeting is not for and should not be participated in by unbelievers i ...[text shortened]... eral gathering of all the world's people including believers in Christ WITH non-believers in Christ.
    Something we agree on!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 21:44
    @sonship said
    Rajk999,

You called me a heretic!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 21:59

Removed by poster

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 22:00
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    What type of “heretic” did you mean then?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 22:22
    @fmf said
    Don't know. Call and ask them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree