Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
That's a sophomoric no-brainer.

Who would think something is true just because they believe it's true?

I've met people that think something is true when it's not though. It's hard to convince someone that thinks what they think is true, when it isn't.

For example: "there is no God". Some think that's true. Can you imagine?

😉
I mentioned it because the fella seems not to grasp the principle.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
"...the Gospels are reliable and trustworthy."

In your opinion. Many others far better educated than you disagree.
You have no idea what my education is and you clearly haven’t looked into that question, despite your claim a few weeks ago that you had looked into the Holy Bible “extensively,” which was yet another of your whoppers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Of course we believe him. You are the one lacking in integrity.

A little too much alcohol and there you are in debates, repeatedly calling a female poster a slut.
Your integrity’s in the toilet.

I couldn’t care less what you think.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
John 7:10

Here we have Jesus telling his brothers he is not going to the festival, but then does go in secret. How isn't that a lie?

“But when His brothers had gone up to the feast, then He Himself also went up, not publicly, but as it were, in secret.”
Bump for Romans1009.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
<<You may find, if you take up reading as a habit, that you learn more and get greater pleasure from reading outside your comfort zone.>>

Nice try.

You said you find the Gospels so objectionable and distasteful that you can only tolerate reading small quantities at a time.

You’re never gonna talk your way out of that whopper.

First thing you should do when you’re in a hole is stop digging,
Lol, let's call that 21.

I'm fully aware of what I said Doctor, it's easy to know what you've said if you take the simple precaution of never lying. Do you keep repeating it because you think I might have forgotten? Or do you do so because you yourself lie so often that you assume others are behaving in a similar manner? Or are you just attempting to "tweak an atheist", as you call it. Or "troll", as it should more properly be termed?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You have no idea what my education is and you clearly haven’t looked into that question, despite your claim a few weeks ago that you had looked into the Holy Bible “extensively,” which was yet another of your whoppers.
My dear boy, if you had anything approaching a decent education you wouldn't cite the book you read in 8th grade as your 'favourite' book.

Oh look, 22. Do you work at Burger King?

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
My dear boy, if you had anything approaching a decent education you wouldn't cite the book you read in 8th grade as your 'favourite' book.

Oh look, 22. Do you work at Burger King?
He's busy Googling John 7:10.

Will return with a cut and paste.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
John 7:10

Here we have Jesus telling his brothers he is not going to the festival, but then does go in secret. How isn't that a lie?

“But when His brothers had gone up to the feast, then He Himself also went up, not publicly, but as it were, in secret.”
This addresses your claim.

https://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-lie-to-His-brothers.html

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
"...the Gospels are reliable and trustworthy."

In your opinion. Many others far better educated than you disagree.
Yeah but, there are other far better educated than those that are far better educated than me that know better than to believe the scriptures are anything but immutable, inerrant and infallible.

I've proven to myself that the scriptures are what they say they are in every conceivable way. 100% reliable.

You don't know what you're missing. 🙃

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He's busy Googling John 7:10.

Will return with a cut and paste.
Ha ha, you were right!

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Ha ha, you were right!
He's depressingly predictable.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Yeah but, there are other far better educated than those that are far better educated than me that know better than to believe the scriptures are anything but immutable, inerrant and infallible.

I've proven to myself that the scriptures are what they say they are in every conceivable way. 100% reliable.

You don't know what you're missing. 🙃
You know what Josephw, the Gospels are beautiful and I would love to believe they are inerrant, immutable and infallible, but the evidence just doesn't support that position. If it did, we'd all be christians. I'm pleased that you believe them to be god-given though, and I hope they bring you joy.

G

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
He walks on water and drinks wine. He turns water into wine too. And very good wine.
He was a pro surfer?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Bump for Romans1009.
Answered.

When do you plan to answer this question:

Did this website tolerate for months someone posting “ad nauseam” “hundreds and hundreds” of comments about adults having sex with a child?

You can’t and won’t answer that question because it exposes you as a shameless liar who sold his integrity for a mere bag of shells.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Answered.

When do you plan to answer this question:

Did this website tolerate for months someone posting “ad nauseam” “hundreds and hundreds” of comments about adults having sex with a child?

You can’t and won’t answer that question because it exposes you as a shameless liar who sold his integrity for a mere bag of shells.
How many times can you embarrass yourself in one thread?

I ask on behalf of everyone.