Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Not “completely unsupported” at all.

The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and drunkenness is a sin. Therefore Jesus was never drunk.

You just don’t believe the Bible to be the inerrant and infallible Word of God, and I do.

But even though you said you don’t believe the Gospels and find them so objectionable that you can only tolerate them in small quantiti ...[text shortened]... what’s even funnier is that you still insist it’s true - and apparently think people believe you! 😂
Of course we believe him. You are the one lacking in integrity.

A little too much alcohol and there you are in debates, repeatedly calling a female poster a slut.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and God the Father called Jesus His beloved Son in whom He (God the Father) is well pleased.

Both those statements contradict your uninformed blasphemy.
Hagiographic heresay, as I said.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and God the Father called Jesus His beloved Son in whom He (God the Father) is well pleased.

Both those statements contradict your uninformed blasphemy.
Are you aware Jesus told a lie in the Bible? Is lying not a sin?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
You have no evidence whatsoever for your beliefs about my reading habits. You have only hagiographic heresay to support your theistic beliefs.
Common sense tells me (and everyone else) that an atheist doesn’t read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” when he doesn’t believe them and finds them so objectionable and distasteful that he can only tolerate reading small quantities at a time.

You’re still trying to sell that whopper? Move on, cowboy. No one’s buying it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Tell me the lie.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And BTW, don’t think I (and everyone else) isn’t aware you failed to answer the direct question I put to you yesterday.

But I (and everyone else) knows why you won’t answer it.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Tell me the lie.
I find it hilarious you don't know these things. Isn't the Bible your own religious book?

Will give you 10 minutes to research before giving you instruction.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And BTW, don’t think I (and everyone else) isn’t aware you failed to answer the direct question I put to you yesterday.

But I (and everyone else) knows why you won’t answer it.
Don't speak for others. You can barely speak for yourself.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Common sense tells me (and everyone else) that an atheist doesn’t read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” when he doesn’t believe them and finds them so objectionable and distasteful that he can only tolerate reading small quantities at a time.

You’re still trying to sell that whopper? Move on, cowboy. No one’s buying it.
Lol, you speak for 'everyone else' do you?

You have made it clear that you don't read things which you don't 'believe' or understand. You may find, if you take up reading as a habit, that you learn more and get greater pleasure from reading outside your comfort zone.

There you go with the 'whopper' attempt at trolling again. What is that, twenty? Twenty five? Perhaps you could come up with a playground chant, maybe that'll get my goat eh?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Hagiographic heresay, as I said.
That’s a cute alliteration, but the Gospels are reliable and trustworthy.

Which you’d know if you had looked into them “extensively” as you previously claimed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Don't speak for others. You can barely speak for yourself.
Cute deflection, but are you planning to answer that direct question?

Didn’t think so.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
That’s a cute alliteration, but the Gospels are reliable and trustworthy.

Which you’d know if you had looked into them “extensively” as you previously claimed.
"...the Gospels are reliable and trustworthy."

In your opinion. Many others far better educated than you disagree.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
You are aware that you 'believing' something to be true doesn't actually make it true, aren't you?
That's a sophomoric no-brainer.

Who would think something is true just because they believe it's true?

I've met people that think something is true when it's not though. It's hard to convince someone that thinks what they think is true, when it isn't.

For example: "there is no God". Some think that's true. Can you imagine?

😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, you speak for 'everyone else' do you?

You have made it clear that you don't read things which you don't 'believe' or understand. You may find, if you take up reading as a habit, that you learn more and get greater pleasure from reading outside your comfort zone.

There you go with the 'whopper' attempt at trolling again. What is that, twenty? Twenty five? Perhaps you could come up with a playground chant, maybe that'll get my goat eh?
<<You may find, if you take up reading as a habit, that you learn more and get greater pleasure from reading outside your comfort zone.>>

Nice try.

You said you find the Gospels so objectionable and distasteful that you can only tolerate reading small quantities at a time.

You’re never gonna talk your way out of that whopper.

First thing you should do when you’re in a hole is stop digging,

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Tell me the lie.
John 7:10

Here we have Jesus telling his brothers he is not going to the festival, but then does go in secret. How isn't that a lie?

“But when His brothers had gone up to the feast, then He Himself also went up, not publicly, but as it were, in secret.”