Wiccan paths?

Wiccan paths?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x

NY

Moves
15 Apr 05
1 edit

If persay or if you are Wiccan.. what cind are you or would you be...

http://groups.msn.com/askawitchcommunity/introductioniiidifferentwiccantraditions.msnw

I am verry much Eclectic/Cerimonial

U
Solacriptura

Moves
15 Apr 05

Originally posted by xxxenophobe
If persay or if you are Wiccan.. what cind are you or would you be...

http://groups.msn.com/askawitchcommunity/introductioniiidifferentwiccantraditions.msnw

I am verry much Eclectic/Cerimonial
Here is what God thinks if you are interested:

REV9:21 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

We know that those who participate in the "magic arts" should repent, it is considered in the same catagory as sexual immorality and thefts

REV21:8 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

There is an end result of the practice of magic.

REV22:15 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

As you can see the Lord takes a dim view of magic.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by Una
Here is what God thinks if you are interested:

REV9:21 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

We know that those who participate in the "magic arts" should repent, it is considered in the same catagory as sexual immorality and thefts

REV21:8 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, th ...[text shortened]... one who loves and practices falsehood.

I've posted it before but the one wiccan rule/commandment is

"An it harm none do what you will" which you must admit is a good rule to live by anyone standards.

I think that these verses are in the bible to frighten people from worshipping the traditional pagan religions. As for the the lord taking a dim view on magic ? Doesn't the bible sanction some form of divination, as in Urim & Thrimmim 🙂

a

Meddling with things

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by Una

Yeah, right

Water into wine

deadman walks

feeding the 5000

yup, those christians hate magic.

The next Harry Pottr book comes out in the summer. Will you be burning a copy?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Yeah, right

Water into wine

deadman walks

feeding the 5000

yup, those christians hate magic.

The next Harry Pottr book comes out in the summer. Will you be burning a copy?
You need to learn to distinguish between magic, which is an illusion and miracles, which are divine occurances....Jesus was no magician, therefore what he did was no illusion....and I wouldn't waste good matches on a Harry Potter book....I'd just use the pages for toilet paper...

a

Meddling with things

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
You need to learn to distinguish between magic, which is an illusion and miracles, which are divine occurances....Jesus was no magician, therefore what he did was no illusion....and I wouldn't waste good matches on a Harry Potter book....I'd just use the pages for toilet paper...
I hope you read it to your chidren first, the books are fine pieces of literature.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
16 Apr 05

Yes miracles like that women who was cured from her illness after praying to the Mother Teresa, & sanctioned as a miracle by the Pope John II himself, even though she had months of drug therapy

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501021021-364433,00,00.html

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Yes miracles like that women who was cured from her illness after praying to the Mother Teresa, & sanctioned as a miracle by the Pope John II himself, even though she had months of drug therapy

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501021021-364433,00,00.html
I'm not Catholic, so I can't comment on your miscomparison between miracles of Jesus and supposed miracles performed by Mother Teresa, bless her heart, and santioned by the Pontiff, a man who put his pants on one leg at a time as I do...

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
16 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
I hope you read it to your chidren first, the books are fine pieces of literature.
Sorry, I don't have children, and besides, I can think of hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of fine Classical Literature to read to other children besides the crap coming out in print today, including Harry Potter.....😉...but to be fair, I haven't read any Harry Potter, so maybe I'm being prejudiced, so please forgive my ignorance....

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
16 Apr 05

I'm not Catholic, so I can't comment on your miscomparison between miracles of Jesus and supposed miracles performed by Mother Teresa, bless her heart, and santioned by the Pontiff, a man who put his pants on one leg at a time as I do...
But you could comment on the supposed miracles of Jesus, a man who also put his pants on one leg at a time as you do.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
16 Apr 05
1 edit

But you could comment on the supposed miracles of Jesus, a man who also put his pants on one leg at a time as you do.
here is one from luke to start you off

Luke 7 11-15

7:11 And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.
7:12 Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.
7:13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
7:14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare [him] stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
7:15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

There are only 4 possibilities

1) It liturally happened.

2) Something similiar happened and was misreported. e.g. Jesus uses some ancient form of CPR to revive the man.

3) It was an illusion created by Jesus for his own political reasons.

4) It is complete fiction

I think the truth lies within numbers 2 or 3.

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Apr 05

Ah, but Jesus was no ordinary man. He was God incarnate, sinless, performed miracles, raised the dead, and returned from the dead to proclaim victory over death; He could have put his pants on both legs at once if He so desired....the Pope, and anyone else, attempting the same maneuver would have a sore arse....what's your point?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Apr 05

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
17 Apr 05

For a second there I thought this was going to be a thread about Wiccan beliefs, but I see it is a Christian thread.

Nyxie

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
For a second there I thought this was going to be a thread about Wiccan beliefs, but I see it is a Christian thread.

Nyxie
Well, it seemed to get diverted from a Wiccan thread about 3 threads into the forum...we can restart it...so, do Wiccans get naked at ceremonies and have mass orgies?