Wiccan paths?

Wiccan paths?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Well, it seemed to get diverted from a Wiccan thread about 3 threads into the forum...we can restart it...so, do Wiccans get naked at ceremonies and have mass orgies?
Only when meeting the godess.😉

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
For a second there I thought this was going to be a thread about Wiccan beliefs, but I see it is a Christian thread.

Nyxie
Any belief other than that which is permitted will be suppressed; not believing in the permitted belief will not be tolerated.

U
Solacriptura

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
I've posted it before but the one wiccan rule/commandment is

"An it harm none do what you will" which you must admit is a good rule to live by anyone standards.

I think that these verses are in the bible to frighten people from worshipping the traditional pagan religions. As for the the lord taking a dim view on magic ? Doesn't the bible sanction some form of divination, as in Urim & Thrimmim 🙂
The verses are not meant to frighten anyone, all scripture is for learning who God is and what His nature is. Things which are disallowed are not because He is some angry mean God but rather it is for our benefit. If you reveiw and really search your heart you will have to agree the things which God disallows are things which will harm other people, you or pull you away from Him.

U
Solacriptura

Moves
17 Apr 05

You need to learn to distinguish between magic, which is an illusion and miracles, which are divine occurances....Jesus was no magician, therefore what he did was no illusion....and I wouldn't waste good matches on a Harry Potter book....I'd just use the pages for toilet paper...
Agreed with chancremechanic! Anytime you rely on someone else or something other than Jesus you are stepping away from God and His wall of grace which protectes you.

Why would anyone choose to rely on a power which is less than His? Read the end of the bible, see who wins and choose accordinally. Nice thing about Jesus is He is a win/win situation. If you believe and awaken after you die you have choosen correctly. If after you die, you are just dead a heck of long time, then you always have the knowledge by living the Judeo/Christian life that you have done well and left a legacy which is worth remembering.

Simple stuff here, nothing tough.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
17 Apr 05
1 edit

It is funny people refer to the bible in a Wiccan thread. Oh well at least the Christians are just using the bible to not understand another's religion instead of murdering the EVIL paganist, as was commonplace in the not too distant past. Ooops, did I just say that?

RTh

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
17 Apr 05

gardnerian.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
17 Apr 05

You need to learn to distinguish between magic, which is an illusion and miracles, which are divine occurances....Jesus was no magician, therefore what he did was no illusion....and I wouldn't waste good matches on a Harry Potter book....I'd just use the pages for toilet paper...
Only a christian can think like that! If Jesus wasnt a magician, prove it. Tell me where in the bible it says he is/was the son of god. Tell me where in the bible it says after death if we live by his ideals we go to heaven.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
It is funny people refer to the bible in a Wiccan thread. Oh well at least the Christians are just using the bible to [b]not understand another's religion instead of murdering the EVIL paganist, as was commonplace in the not too distant past. Ooops, did I just say that?

RTh[/b]
They're obsessed. I'd bet that if you started a thread on the best way to cook an egg they'd give you chapter and verse on the subject.

If any other religion is mentioned on this board they change the subject as fast as possible (or tell lies about it in the manner of Coletti the other day)

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Una
Agreed with chancremechanic! Anytime you rely on someone else or something other than Jesus you are stepping away from God and His wall of grace which protectes you.

Why would anyone choose to rely on a power which is less than His? Read the end of the bible, see who wins and choose accordinally. Nice thing about Jesus is He is a win/win situation. If y ...[text shortened]... done well and left a legacy which is worth remembering.

Simple stuff here, nothing tough.
And presumably you agree with book burning or arse wiping too. Bigot!

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by Una
If you reveiw and really search your heart you will have to agree the things which God disallows are things which will harm other people, you or pull you away from Him.
Come now I already told you that the wiccan rede is "An it harm none do what you will" therefore if true wiccan practitioners follow this motto and use there magic for the greater good then your statement about god taking a dim view on magic is incorrect. It can only be regarded as taking a dim view on evil magic. You are tarring everybody with the same brush.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
17 Apr 05

Ah, but Jesus was no ordinary man. He was God incarnate, sinless, performed miracles, raised the dead, and returned from the dead to proclaim victory over death; He could have put his pants on both legs at once if He so desired....the Pope, and anyone else, attempting the same maneuver would have a sore arse....what's your point?
My point is that I doubt very much that the miracles of Jesus happened as per stated in the biblical account. Sai Baba has built up a whole religous cult on divine miracles but there is some evidence that it is just conjuring. People like David Blaine and Derren Brown, perform amazing tricks which liturally freak people out, imagine if they decide to start a religion. It is entirely feasible that Jesus was also up to a similiar type of thing.

x

NY

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Una
Here is what God thinks if you are interested:

REV9:21 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

We know that those who participate in the "magic arts" should repent, it is considered in the same catagory as sexual immorality and thefts

REV21:8 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, th ...[text shortened]... one who loves and practices falsehood.

As you can see the Lord takes a dim view of magic.
why should i care what "your god" thinks.. hmm...

x

NY

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
I've posted it before but the one wiccan rule/commandment is

"An it harm none do what you will" which you must admit is a good rule to live by anyone standards.

I think that these verses are in the bible to frighten people from worshipping the traditional pagan religions. As for the the lord taking a dim view on magic ? Doesn't the bible sanction some form of divination, as in Urim & Thrimmim 🙂
ty

x

NY

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Yeah, right

Water into wine

deadman walks

feeding the 5000

yup, those christians hate magic.

The next Harry Pottr book comes out in the summer. Will you be burning a copy?
verry nice

x

NY

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
For a second there I thought this was going to be a thread about Wiccan beliefs, but I see it is a Christian thread.

Nyxie
i know... way off topic.. enough Christian garble... theres plenty of threads for that here...