Why

Why

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by josephw
Even if you don't agree that God communicates with us.
Nothing you have ever posted has ever come anywhere near making me think "God" has communicated with you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Nothing you have ever posted has ever come anywhere near making me think "God" has communicated with you.
The only thing that will convince you that God has communicated with anyone is for you to receive a communication from God.

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

The only thing that will convince you that God has communicated with anyone is for you to receive a communication from God.
I don't believe this has happened to you. Therefore, your assertions about "God" do not have any purchase with me.

w

Moves
09 Apr 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Neither you or I know the answer to this question. This view [of mine] determines what I make of your pronouncements on "moral judgements" and what you do or do not reference.
I am only concerned with your beliefs, for you see, it is your beliefs that mold and shape your worldview. Everyone has them and none are 100% accurate.

In short, such beliefs are vital because they shape how you act or do not act in a given situation.

Such conundrums include:

1. Abortion
2. Euthenasia
3. Slavery
4. Cannabalism

Just to name a few.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't believe this has happened to you. Therefore, your assertions about "God" do not have any purchase with me.
Yes, I know you don't believe that God has communicated with me. I can accept that readily enough.

Do you believe it is possible for God to communicate with us?

w

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
"Man" is a mammal that can discuss the distinction they place between man and beast. That's would be a key distinction.
Ok, any others?

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by whodey
Ok, any others?
Men cook animals before eating them. If animals do this, then I am unaware of it.

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

Do you believe it is possible for God to communicate with us?
I have no information about it and do not see any practical benefit in imagining an answer [and then making assertions of my 'certainty' based on it - I will leave that to religionists]. What I might believe is possible for "God" to do, is no more or less relevant than what you believe on that matter.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have no information about it and do not see any practical benefit in imagining an answer [and then making assertions of my 'certainty' based on it - I will leave that to religionists]. What I might believe is possible for "God" to do, is no more or less relevant than what you believe on that matter.
How do you know there is a God?

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

How do you know there is a God?
I don't "know" it. I have never claimed to.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't "know" it. I have never claimed to.
If you don't "know" whether there is a God or not, then how is it logical that you presume to "know" whether or not God has communicated with me or anyone else?

That is what you believe isn't it? You don't believe God has communicated with me, but you don't "know" do you?

Isn't that being presumptuous?

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

If you don't "know" whether there is a God or not, then how is it logical that you presume to "know" whether or not God has communicated with me or anyone else?

That is what you believe isn't it? You don't believe God has communicated with me, but you don't "know" do you?

Isn't that being presumptuous?
Nothing you've ever posted here has made me think "God" has communicated with you. You seem to think "God" has. Your assertion that He has does not constitute evidence, in and of itself.

w

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
So the distinctions between man and beast so far listed are:

1. Beast cannot verbalize a distinction between man and beast. (presumptuous since we don't understand when they communicate)

2. Beast does not "cook" its meals.

Any others?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Nothing you've ever posted here has made me think "God" has communicated with you. You seem to think "God" has. Your assertion that He has does not constitute evidence, in and of itself.
Agreed.

That brings me back to a previous statement I made. In order for you to "know" is for God to communicate with you personally.

Is that an acceptable conclusion?

F

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by whodey
1. Abortion
2. Euthenasia
3. Slavery
4. Cannabalism
1. Abortion - personally I am not willing to condone this or be involved in carrying one out, but don't want my views to be enshrined in legislation and superimposed onto the decisions that adults make, so I support 'woman's right to choose'.

2. Euthenasia [sic] - I agree with it as long as it conforms to my 'do no harm, no deceit, informed consent, no coercion' code.

3. Slavery - Against it.

4. Cannabalism [sic] - Against it.

5. Capital punishment - Against it.

6. Homosexuality - I have no problem with it.

7. Polygamy - I have no problem with it.

8. Drug taking - I have no problem with it.

9. Bestiality - Against it.

10. Prostitution - I have no problem with it