Why

Why

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by whodey
Actually, I find the whole issue rather interesting. I mean, why kill and eat animals but not humans? What makes one "OK" to kill and eat and the other not?

From my vantage point, humans are distinguished from the animal kingdom due to the fact that mankind is made in the image of God as God breathed his spirit into him/her. However, those that do not b ...[text shortened]... faith teaches that we are to reach out to the less fortunate, not enslave them and eat them.
You have to be really pretty stupid (and scarily vile) if you can't think of a reason not to eat
people other than "we are made in gods image".

This is insinuating (Yet Again) that people without [your] god have no reason for morality.
Which is deeply insulting and utterly devoid of truth.

w

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Because you need to make an argument as to why I shouldn't eat animals if you want me to be a vegetarian. Dasa does this regularly here and has, for example, raised detailed political-economic arguments about land use etc.
It seems to me that what is needed is an argument for enslaving and killing animals and eating them but no humans. Why? What is your rationale?

Of course, you are free to continue without an answer, but that is up to you.

w

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
You have to be really pretty stupid (and scarily vile) if you can't think of a reason not to eat

This is insinuating (Yet Again) that people without [your] god have no reason for morality.
Let us turn the tables on you Mr. self righteous, what is your rationale for killing and eating animals but not humans?

F

Moves
08 Apr 12

It seems to me that what is needed is an argument for enslaving and killing animals and eating them but no humans. Why? What is your rationale?
Because they are food.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Dasa
Animals are dear to the Lord and slaughtering them is incompasssionate and insensitive to the will of the Lord to not commit violence towards our brothers.
I take it you assume your "Lord" created the animals; why do you think he gave the big cats (for example) a carnivorous instinct to prey on and eat other animals?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Apr 12

Does this mean that you do not agree with the other evolutionists that we are
apes?

w

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Because they are food.
Yes, everything you eat becomes food. So the question begs, why not the mentally retarded, for example?

w

Moves
08 Apr 12
1 edit

So whodey gets derision for giving the reason he eats animals but not humans but those who attack his ideology will not defend their own for eating animals?

Hmm? (in 3rd person)

Moves
08 Apr 12

So whodey gets derision for giving the reason he eats animals but not humans but those who attack his ideology will not defend their own for eating animals?

Hmm? (in 3rd person)
Or alternatively I went off to do things in RL like have dinner.

Nah that can't be it, it must be because I am an evil atheist who can't support his position.

I'll get around to answering your post in my own time.

Unless you just want me to mock you some more because that takes hardly any time or effort
at all.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Apr 12

Nah that can't be it, it must be because I am an evil atheist who can't support his position.

Unless you just want me to mock you some more because that takes hardly any time or effort
at all.
Are you taking time off to watch the Masters, today?

w

Moves
08 Apr 12
1 edit

at all.
Wow. Neither you or FMF have given a defense for your position other than to say, that's what we eat?

As for the mocking part, from my own experience I have found that it usually is associated with arrogance and/or insecurity, no worries. 😉

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Are you taking time off to watch the Masters, today?
Among other things, lots on this bank-holiday weekend.
Not a big golf fan but the greens look attractive... although we are wondering if they are holding it
earlier this year as the Rhododendrons (among other things) aren't in bloom yet and they normally
are.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by Dasa
Why are Christians so stubborn?

I have informed them in more than one way how the Bible teach falsity.

Killing billions of animals in the name of false religion is the most obvious evidence to see that the Christian doctrine is in error and therefore false.

The Bible was not written by God and is not the inspired word of God - but fabricated by meat ea ...[text shortened]... ever change - and to continue killing animals to taste blood - will bring spiritual destruction.
Why are you so concerned with the killing of animals?

Why aren't you concerned about the killing of humans?

Is it because you value animals more than humans?

F

Moves
08 Apr 12

Yes, everything you eat becomes food. So the question begs, why not the mentally retarded, for example?
You need your Holy Bible to teach you not to eat mentally retarded people. Perhaps others do not need the scriptural instruction that you require, and yet end up making the same choice as you. I have worked with mentally retarded people and have never viewed them as potential food. Perhaps if your religious faith were to fade one day, you would be tempted to eat them. It's a fine line, I suppose.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
You need your Holy Bible to teach you not to eat mentally retarded people. Perhaps others do not need the scriptural instruction that you require, and yet end up making the same choice as you. I have worked with mentally retarded people and have never viewed them as potential food. Perhaps if your religious faith were to fade one day, you would be tempted to eat them. It's a fine line, I suppose.
"You need your Holy Bible to teach you not to eat mentally retarded people."

Is that supposed to be a question?