Why was Moussaoui spared?

Why was Moussaoui spared?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 May 06

I'm very surprised that he was not sentenced to death.

Vn

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
That would be a backward not forward step

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
That would be a backward not forward step
I doubt that that's the explanation for the verdict. I imagine the prosecutors rejected jurors with a political predisposition against imposing the death penalty.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
04 May 06

That he was spared is evidence that Allah exists and all other religions are false. It's like the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being spared from the fiery furnace, except that this one actually happened.

Allah akbar!!!

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by telerion
That he was spared is evidence that Allah exists and all other religions are false. It's like the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being spared from the fiery furnace, except that this one actually happened.

Allah akbar!!!
I hope they stick that bastard in an underground cell and tell him that east is west, so when he prays, he'll be giving old Allah the moon.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
04 May 06

I think he was spared because it was shown that he didn't have much to do with 9/11 at all. If that is the case, you should be relatively proud of your criminal justice system.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Wheely
I think he was spared because it was shown that he didn't have much to do with 9/11 at all.
If that were the case, he shouldn't have been convicted in the first place.

The very fact that they held a deliberation on whether to administer capital punishment indicates that he was already found beyond any reasonable doubt to be responsible for a capital crime.

w

Moves
04 May 06

I think they did not want to give him the death penalty because they did not want him becoming a martyr. Looking back you can see how effective this tactic was getting rid of all us crazy Christians. 🙄

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
04 May 06

Originally posted by whodey
I think they did not want to give him the death penalty because they did not want him becoming a martyr.
I believe that would violate the jury's duty. I don't think their instructions permit them to establish their own criteria - such as avoiding martyrdom - for giving or witholding a death sentence.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
04 May 06

If that were the case, he shouldn't have been convicted in the first place.
That's why I said "relatively proud".

I wasn't at either of the proceedings, I'm just referring to a journalist who was present who said "There didn't seem to be any evidence that he had much involvement in 9/11 at all"

w

Moves
04 May 06

Now if he were innocent of the charges and without sin he would be a dead man!!!!!

a

Forgotten

Moves
04 May 06
6 edits

http://9news.com/

click more on the Moussaoui sentenced to Colorado prison story

Under Additional Resources
click Moussaoui spared death.sentenced to life in Sept.11 attacks

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 May 06
2 edits

I think there are two reasons he did not get the death penalty. He wanted it. Secondly, I think the jury was sending a message to the prosecution for their behaviors that the judge railed against.

He will have 23 hours a day in solitary confinement. It may be so solitary he will not even know what direction in which to pray.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
04 May 06

a

Forgotten

Moves
04 May 06
6 edits

Originally posted by amannion
Finally a bunch of Americans who aren't so completely f**ked up as to sentence someone to death and then go and pray about it ...
I'll pray for you.