1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I saw "Passion of the Christ", and if the 'real thing' was anything like that, then:

Jesus did that for ALL of us, no questions asked, and no 'clauses' for anyone to benefit.

God felt a sacrifice needed to happen, and Jesus did it, with some human hesitation, but He did it.

I think that anything less than ALL are saved does nothing less than to trivialize 'the deed'.
    If you sent a gift to someone and they threw it on the ground, unopened, and stomped it into the dust, what benefit do they gain from it?

Exactly.

For a gift to benefit the receiver, they MUST accept it.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16, KJV
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 21:27
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If you sent a gift to someone and they threw it on the ground, unopened, and stomped it into the dust, what benefit do they gain from it?

Exactly.

For a gift to benefit the receiver, they MUST accept it.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, [b]that whosoever believeth in him
    should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16, KJV[/b]
    I just cannot imagine that God will send people to an eternal hell because they, for whatever reason, didn't 'believe'.

It's grace!!
    A 'free' gift, no strings attached!!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 21:53
    Sad watching the blind talk to the blind.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 21:55
    I've spoken up about his sexism several times, and since he is apparently unrepentant about his sexism, indeed, rather proud of it, it's a waste of my time I could be spending with people who are actually worth it.
    I've spoken up about your stupidity several times, and since you are apparently unrepentant about your stupidity, rather proud of it, it's a waste of my time I could be spending with people who are actually worth it.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 03:14
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I just cannot imagine that God will send people to an eternal hell because they, for whatever reason, didn't 'believe'.

It's grace!!
    A 'free' gift, no strings attached!!
    Yes, its grace, for who? Have you read John 3:16, also John 3:18 is telling too.
    No strings attached, what do you mean by that?
    We get grace and don't have to repent of the evil we do in our lives, God is just going to
    let unrepentant murders and rapist into heaven to hang out enjoying that with their
    victims? What do you mean? The reason Hell is there is due to evil, due to sin, believing
    in Christ is our cure for sinful souls, ignoring the cure just means we stay sick with sin.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 04:48
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    None that matters if is between your views and what is actually written, I will go with the Word.
    So you have no response.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 04:53
    And you are so full of yourself and your own opinion that you now attempt to "call me out" when I bring up my disagreement with Rajk.

He claims something which is not supported by scripture. Those three he lists are not the only three. Those who worship the beast or his image and those who take the beast's mark are a unique class and so deserve more o ...[text shortened]... lsewhere.

Just like FMF, you seem to keep forgetting that I'm not here to fight your battles.
    I acknowledge that you were replying to Rajk999 and not me. I was using a phone at the time and misread the post thinking you were replying to me. I apologise for assuming wrongly that you were.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 06:212 edits
    Who are these mean people who invented the verses on the subject and put them into the mouth of Jesus?

Was it John the Beloved Disciple ?
    Was it Luke or Paul?
    Mary perhaps, who wanted to give the men folks enough scare to get them off her back ?
    Was it Matthew or Mark?

WHO PUT THESE WORDS INTO THE MOUTH OF JESUS ??

" But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,

yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 07:421 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    " But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna,yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)
    Sonship help me here please...if I reject what you cannot snider to be the truth, I.e. your version of the Trinity, as a teaching (but I accept Christ etc) will I be precluded from being filled with the spirit of Christ and subsequently from salvation and inevitably end up in Hell/Gehenna?

Yes or no...

This is is important, it’s a salvation and hell issue so please be unequivocal.

Thank you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 08:04
    The ubiquity Bathroom Break no doubt...
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 08:49
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    So you have no response.
    My response is if your feelings are insulted, that doesn't change anything. You may not
    like the sky being blue most of the time, your likes and dislikes have no sway in this. What
    God does with His creation and His judgments are on God, not you. If you pick and
    choose those things you like in the Bible and ignore the rest your are judging scripture
    instead of scripture judging and changing you. If you cannot give Biblical reasons for this
    not being the way you claim it is, than what does that tell you?

God is going to deal with evil, and when He is done, it will be done and eternity will be the
    better for it. We have seen what one act of sin did, to our race.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 10:221 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    My response is if your feelings are insulted, that doesn't change anything. You may not
    like the sky being blue most of the time, your likes and dislikes have no sway in this. What
    God does with His creation and His judgments are on God, not you. If you pick and
    choose those things you like in the Bible and ignore the rest your are judging scripture
    in ...[text shortened]... done and eternity will be the
    better for it. We have seen what one act of sin did, to our race.
    I gave you biblical and secular (although they overlap of course) reasons. Your response, such as it is, seems to be to keep telling me that I’m ignoring bits of the bible when clearly I’m not as I am calling them out in the “literalism” section in my OP.

You are looking for a response which is able to actually refute through reasoned, moral or scriptural argument other than “you’re ignoring the bits you don’t like”; what you are offering doesn’t come close to addressing any of the 7 points in the OP.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 10:262 edits
    Sonship help me here please...if I reject what you cannot snider to be the truth, I.e. your version of the Trinity, as a teaching (but I accept Christ etc) will I be precluded from being filled with the spirit of Christ and subsequently from salvation and inevitably end up in Hell/Gehenna?

Yes or no...

Thank you.
    Sonship?

Remember I was taking about questions that I claim you refuse to answer....this is on of those.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 10:37

Yes or no...

Thank you.

Yes or no...

Thank you.

I have TRIED to help you.

And I don't agree that I altogether evaded your barrage of re-re-repeating what seemed to me the same question more times than I can remember.

I do not have all those responses. But I am pretty sure that I did the BEST THAT I COULD to help you. Then I assumed that you perhaps didn't really want help.

My conscience is clear on this. If I repeat my essential response, I don't think it will do anything. I suspect you'll regroup, and ASK ME AGAIN.

This gives a man the impression that you will only except an answer that comes out binary, simplified and perhaps in the exact words you want or suspect to hear.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 10:39
    I gave you biblical and secular (although they overlap of course) reasons. Your response, such as it is, seems to be to keep telling me that I’m ignoring bits of the bible when clearly I’m not as I am calling them out in the “literalism” section in my OP.

You are looking for a response which is able to actually refute through reasoned, moral or scri ...[text shortened]... n’t like”; what you are offering doesn’t come close to addressing any of the 7 points in the OP.
    Maybe I missed your biblical passages that addressed Hell as not being a real place, if
    you don't mind sharing them again or telling me where I can find them, I'd be grateful.
    Unless you can show me why I shouldn't accept the doctrine of Hell as not literal I'm
    going too. You do have an issue in one since several different words were used that
    were translated into the singular word Hell. So please be specific.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree