Why There Is No God

Why There Is No God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Brute facts are a logical necessity. Even a theist must assume some brute facts (the existence of God could be one, and some of his various attributes would be others).
Thus any argument that relies on the claim that there is always a why is doomed to failure. It is however still a very popular argument because people for some reason think that one or t ...[text shortened]... ause" problems rather than answering them.
Why does the universe exist?
Why is there evil?
We agree
😵

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by duecer
Who said that God works outside natural law? what you may call supernatural, I prefer to think of as arts and sciences we have yet to discover and understand.
Just to clarify, you're proposing that god created the universe, the earth, man, woman, angels, et cetera, all in six days, from nothing, without using supernatural powers, is that right? And he lives forever, is all-powerful and all-knowing, and all this utilising "arts and sciences we have yet to discover and understand" but which you consider that we may eventually discover and understand?

I see. Well, considering our current technological level, I'd have to say that those arts and sciences to which you refer seem to me to be precisely what the word 'supernatural' was coined to describe.

pf

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by josephw
To tell you the truth I'm not sure what you mean.

What do you mean "in that case"? How is it "forced"?
you know its a waste to have a brain like yours but have no eyes to see !

pf

Moves
25 Oct 10

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by pink floyd123
you know its a waste to have a brain like yours but have no eyes to see !
My brain and your brain are identical. I am neither better nor worse than you.

Kindly please explain what exactly you think that I am unable to conceive;
😵

rc

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by black beetle
My brain and your brain are identical. I am neither better nor worse than you.

Kindly please explain what exactly you think that I am unable to conceive;
😵
i am sorry dear beetle that you must be subject to such ill conceived accusation from those who should know better!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am sorry dear beetle that you must be subject to such ill conceived accusation from those who should know better!
Oh if I 'm lucky I 'll probably learn a thing or two😵

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
25 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Just to clarify, you're proposing that god created the universe, the earth, man, woman, angels, et cetera, all in six days, from nothing, without using supernatural powers, is that right? And he lives forever, is all-powerful and all-knowing, and all this utilising "arts and sciences we have yet to discover and understand" but which you consider tha you refer seem to me to be precisely what the word 'supernatural' was coined to describe.
precisely where in my post do I say any of those things?

I see. Well, considering our current technological level, I'd have to say that those arts and sciences to which you refer seem to me to be precisely what the word 'supernatural' was coined to describe.

45 years ago Star Trek had people communicating with people in space via wirelss handheld devices. Today we make phones more sophisticated than those "communicators". Scientists couldn't begin to imagine how that was possible. I wonder what the next 45 years will reveal😕

rc

Moves
25 Oct 10

[b]I see. Well, considering our current technological level, I'd have to say that those arts and sciences to which you refer seem to me to be precisely what the word 'supernatural' was coined to describe.

45 years ago Star Trek had people communicating with people in space via wirelss handheld ...[text shortened]... dn't begin to imagine how that was possible. I wonder what the next 45 years will reveal😕[/b]
nanotechnology and its applications in medical science are gonna be huge, Borgs like you can look forward to being semi organic 🙂

F

Moves
25 Oct 10

nanotechnology and its applications in medical science are gonna be huge, Borgs like you can look forward to being semi organic 🙂
Evolution has produced natural nanotechnology in ages. We wouldn't be here if it didn't.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Oct 10
1 edit

[b]I see. Well, considering our current technological level, I'd have to say that those arts and sciences to which you refer seem to me to be precisely what the word 'supernatural' was coined to describe.

45 years ago Star Trek had people communicating with people in space via wirelss handheld dn't begin to imagine how that was possible. I wonder what the next 45 years will reveal😕[/b]
Yeah, all that's based on principles and natural laws that were quite well known and understood 45 years ago. What are the principles and natural laws that are going to enable the creation of a universe populated with intelligent (well, self-aware anyway) subjects in six days?

(Incidentally, cellular mobile phone technology was first proposed in 1947...)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Yeah, all that's based on principles and natural laws that were quite well known and understood 45 years ago. What are the principles and natural laws that are going to enable the creation of a universe populated with intelligent (well, self-aware anyway) subjects in six days?

(Incidentally, cellular mobile phone technology was first proposed in 1947...)
The earth and man were not created in 6 literal days. But God could have if he had wanted no doubt. Who are you to say what he can and can't do?

rc

Moves
25 Oct 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Evolution has produced natural nanotechnology in ages. We wouldn't be here if it didn't.
no God has produced nanotechnology, evolution has produced a materialistic outlook devoid of spirituality.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Oct 10

Man! I just read through this thread.

I can't believe I just did this yesterday. It seems so long ago. As I was reading I realized that none of it makes any sense. There is nothing I said or that any of you said that is compelling or believable.

What's going on here?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Oct 10

no God has produced nanotechnology, evolution has produced a materialistic outlook devoid of spirituality.
That's true. I think!