Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by scherzo
The cartoon, first of all, is regarded in scholarly circles as being Islamophobic. And Denmark is not known for its racial and religious toleration.

He also condemned al-Qaeda after 9/11. See the shades of gray?
What a dumbass answer. You people are dense.

N

Moves
21 Mar 09

i don't hate muslims. I hate the jews with all my heart. However the world would have been a much better place to live if there was no hatred

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
21 Mar 09

Originally posted by Nadia1
i don't hate muslims. I hate the jews with all my heart. However the world would have been a much better place to live if there was no hatred
you hate all jews "so much?" why.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Mar 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
What a dumbass answer. You people are dense.
Perhaps you, being the arsenal of intelligence, can explain to us why vilification of an entire religious group is ethical?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Mar 09

Ever met Noam Chomsky?

rc

Moves
21 Mar 09
1 edit

Well, your suspicions may be correct: it is in part because of the media.

It is also probably because of the old Orientalism that regarded Islam as a sort of "competitor" to Christianity, and thus became very defensive.

Another factor may be the Zionist lobby, which will twist anything to achieve its goals.

It's not just one factor.
yes, i thank you for this, now can i ask you, how powerful do you think this Zionist lobby is, for to me its seems incredible that governments will tolerate the killing of innocent women and children in Palestine and remain incredibly nonchalant, while fighting an ideological war in Afghanistan which we hear about almost every day, will someone please explain to me, what soldiers are fighting for in Afghanistan and why the present administration was silent over the recent atrocities in Palestine. Is it truly a case of a Zionist controlled media?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Mar 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, i thank you for this, now can i ask you, how powerful do you think this Zionist lobby is, for to me its seems incredible that governments will tolerate the killing of innocent women and children in Palestine and remain incredibly nonchalant, while fighting an ideological war in Afghanistan which we hear about almost every day, will someone pleas ...[text shortened]... ilent over the recent atrocities in Palestine. Is it truly a case of a Zionist controlled media?
That's how powerful it is. You just said it yourself.

rc

Moves
21 Mar 09
2 edits

That's how powerful it is. You just said it yourself.
ok, I understand. I really do weep when i see those kids, cowering in fear, at times its too much to take, it could be my kid! can I ask you is this the reason why you are personally involved, the injustice and the inhumanity or do you really believe that Islam is the solution?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Mar 09

ok, I understand. I really do weep when i see those kids, cowering in fear, at times its too much to take, it could be my kid! can I ask you is this the reason why you are personally involved, the injustice and the inhumanity or do you really believe that Islam is the solution?
I became involved when I was still an atheist, and back then it was merely because I sympathized with the struggle of my people and felt it was my duty to help them. Now, though, I think the establishment of a Muslim state is the solution. Of course, the injustice is a huge factor, but it is part of the problem. Islam is part of the solution.

rc

Moves
22 Mar 09
1 edit

I became involved when I was still an atheist, and back then it was merely because I sympathized with the struggle of my people and felt it was my duty to help them. Now, though, I think the establishment of a Muslim state is the solution. Of course, the injustice is a huge factor, but it is part of the problem. Islam is part of the solution.
when you say 'Muslim state', what do you envision in your mind, for there are many different entities, claiming to be Muslim states at present, also uniformity may be difficult, for as you are aware, there are many different ideologies at work, even in 'Islamic states'. Also when you say 'youre people', are you referring to the Muslim brotherhood in general or to a specific people, as in the Palestinians etc

s

At the Revolution

Moves
22 Mar 09

when you say 'Muslim state', what do you envision in your mind, for there are many different entities, claiming to be Muslim states at present, also uniformity may be difficult, for as you are aware, there are many different ideologies at work, even in 'Islamic states'. Also when you say 'youre people', are you referring to the Muslim brotherhood in general or to a specific people, as in the Palestinians etc
By "Muslim state" I mean a state with a religion, but with progressive laws regarding women's rights, etc. Tunisia or Jordan are good examples of such states (although both have despotic rulers).

By "my people," I refer to the Palestinians, although retrospectively, the other option could work.

w

Moves
22 Mar 09
2 edits

Perhaps this is part of why people "hate" Muslims. They think that instituing an Islamic state is part of the over all solution of what is wrong with the world. I think that countries like Iran can attest to the fallacy of this form of thinking yet it persists. Or ask Hamas and Fatah the same question as they fight each other in the streets of Palastine.

rc

Moves
22 Mar 09
2 edits

By "Muslim state" I mean a state with a religion, but with progressive laws regarding women's rights, etc. Tunisia or Jordan are good examples of such states (although both have despotic rulers).

By "my people," I refer to the Palestinians, although retrospectively, the other option could work.
Let me ask you this my friend, for it seems somewhat self evident, do you think that Islam and democracy are compatible? If not, why not?

F

Moves
22 Mar 09

I think you should be careful about the use of 'state' and 'country'. Iran is an "Islamic State" - constitutionally. Tunsia is a "Muslim country" - demographically. Indonesia is the world's third biggest democracy and indicates that the predominance of Islam and a flourishing democracy are not mutually exclusive.

g

Pepperland

Moves
22 Mar 09

looks like scherzo has a friend.