Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
18 Mar 09

Originally posted by FMF
As a statistical sideshow? Or as some kind of major Thing That's Going On which gives you a woody for your own prejudice?

Well let's take a look at the 20th century, for example - let's take a look at the killing that went on and see what the role of predominantly Christian and/or non-Muslim countries was, and to what extent Muslim countries account for the t ...[text shortened]... when they could have literally got away with mass murder.

Where were they?
Rec'd.

You do a demonstrably far better job here than i did some months ago of highlighting, that religion (in general) is not the main cause of wars over the years.

z

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
I mean, it's like Christianity with one more prophet. That's all. It's like all Jews hating all Christians because Christians think Jesus was a prophet. And it can't be Muslim terrorism, because Jewish and Christian terrorism is much more prevalent. It can't be the sexism that pervades the fundamental branches like the Wahabi, because these principles are ba ...[text shortened]... principles, and the Old Testament is followed by all Abrahamics to some extent.

So, why?
Jesus: Let he is without sin cast the first stone
MoMo: Wait until the child is weaned then stone her to death

Jesus: Love thine enemy
MoMo: Kill thine enemy and rape their wifes

Jesus: Before you see the speck in another's eye, see the plank in your own eye.
MoMo: Criticise me and your dead!

Cape Town

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by znsho

Jesus: Before you see the speck in another's eye, see the plank in your own eye.
But even Jesus never had the guts to stand up and say the Old Testament was wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
But even Jesus never had the guts to stand up and say the Old Testament was wrong.
Are you looking for Him to say " .. the OT was wrong.." ?
He said so several times ... just not in those words. Everytime He changed the rules re divorce, stoning or the many times He criticized the Pharisees for following the old Mosaic law blindly without compassion or when he ignored the sabbath .... Those are the times.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Are you looking for Him to say " .. the OT was wrong.." ?
He said so several times ... just not in those words. Everytime He changed the rules re divorce, stoning or the many times He criticized the Pharisees for following the old Mosaic law blindly without compassion or when he ignored the sabbath .... Those are the times.
But he was very very careful never to actually say the OT law was wrong. Most Christians too will shy away from that. They would rather say "don't follow it blindly" or "the Jews were just interpreting it wrong" etc. Very few Christians will stand up and say "the OT Law was wrong".

Where do you believe the OT law came from? Did it come from God? Why would God give the Jews wrong laws? If it didn't come from God, doesn't that undermine a lot of Christianity?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 09

But he was very very careful never to actually say the OT law was wrong. Most Christians too will shy away from that. They would rather say "don't follow it blindly" or "the Jews were just interpreting it wrong" etc. Very few Christians will stand up and say "the OT Law was wrong".

Where do you believe the OT law came from? Did it come from God? Why w ...[text shortened]... s wrong laws? If it didn't come from God, doesn't that undermine a lot of Christianity?
The OT law given to Moses was not wrong. It was simply applicable to the Jews from Moses to the arrival Christ. so all your other questions that stem from that assumption (OT law was wrong) are invalid.

Christ - His death and resurrection was the fulfillment of the law. After that He became the new law and Christians now follow the teachings of Christ and the apostles which followed.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by znsho

The comparison between Jesus and Mohammed is offensive and false and it needs to stop.

Jesus, according to Christianity, is the son of God. Mohammed has no claims to kinship from God, and Islam actually recognizes that Christ was probably a messenger from God. It's all really the same God ...

Second of all, I don't think Jesus was as superb as you make him out to be. Mohammed may have been anti-feminist (as were most Arabians in his time), but I do believe that he received the final revelation. That's all that qualifies the change from Christianity to Islam. And I don't see the Jews lambasting you for believing in the divinity of Christ as you are lambasting us for believing in the prophethood of Mohammed.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
20 Mar 09
1 edit

The comparison between Jesus and Mohammed is offensive and false and it needs to stop.

Jesus, according to Christianity, is the son of God. Mohammed has no claims to kinship from God, and Islam actually recognizes that Christ was probably a messenger from God. It's all really the same God ...

Second of all, I don't think Jesus was as superb as you make he divinity of Christ as you are lambasting us for believing in the prophethood of Mohammed.
offensive? needs to stop? what are you going to do, issue a fatwa? cry?

"Mohammed may have been anti-feminist (as were most Arabians in his time)"

geez, I'm so glad things are better now -- especially down there in Arabia. It must really be terrific to be a muslim woman -- in Iran she's worth 50% of a man by law. In most Arab countries -- well, it is no wonder so many Arab women want to come to the USA. Here, we don't have a problem dealing with strong, intelligent, capable women.

that's because, when you are man enough, you don't need to put a woman down.

strangely enough, only barbarians and 7th century nutcases who seem to lack the stones to put women on an equal footing do that.

again, no longer beneath contempt, Charlie. (don't think anyone really cares what you think ...)

s

At the Revolution

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
offensive? needs to stop? what are you going to do, issue a fatwa? cry?

"Mohammed may have been anti-feminist (as were most Arabians in his time)"

geez, I'm so glad things are better now -- especially down there in Arabia. It must really be terrific to be a muslim woman -- in Iran she's worth 50% of a man by law. In most Arab countries -- well, it is ...[text shortened]... o longer beneath contempt, Charlie. (don't think anyone really cares what you think ...)
My name isn't Charlie, although, if it's relevant, I did support the Vietnamese Communist Forces (Viet Minh and later Viet Cong).

Your racism and Islamophobia is not going to help you in any sort of reasonable debate. Does Islam have problems? Yes. Does it have less than Christianity? Also yes. Is antifeminism a problem in certain areas? Yes. Is it universal? No. Does Hamas have a problem with women? Regrettably, yes. Does Hezbollah? Actually, no. Which is why I love Hezbollah.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
20 Mar 09

My name isn't Charlie, although, if it's relevant, I did support the Vietnamese Communist Forces (Viet Minh and later Viet Cong).

Your racism and Islamophobia is not going to help you in any sort of reasonable debate. Does Islam have problems? Yes. Does it have less than Christianity? Also yes. Is antifeminism a problem in certain areas? Yes. Is it univer ...[text shortened]... lem with women? Regrettably, yes. Does Hezbollah? Actually, no. Which is why I love Hezbollah.
I call you Charlie because you and Charlie Manson don't spoil a pair.

You are at the same time as sane, stable and moral as he. But no more than he.

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Mar 09

Your racism and Islamophobia
Eh? Where did you get that lot from? I think you need to take a long hard look at your religion and it's social implications before you start thowing rocks my friend.

z

Moves
20 Mar 09

Second of all, I don't think Jesus was as superb as you make ...[text shortened]... he divinity of Christ as you are lambasting us for believing in the prophethood of Mohammed.
The original question concerned the comparison between Christianity and Islam. That is all I have done. There is absolutely no reason at all why such a comparison should not be made and there is no reason to call it offensive and false. It certainly will not stop.

You are welcome to believe MoMo was the last messenger. Do not dictate to me, however, that I am have no right / am wrong to compare the two 'Prophets'. There is every reason in the world to compare the two 'Prophets'.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Mar 09

... I do believe that he received the final revelation. ...
Final .... Was that before or after he got the hots for a 8 year old child ? ...😀

Cape Town

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
The OT law given to Moses was not wrong. It was simply applicable to the Jews from Moses to the arrival Christ. so all your other questions that stem from that assumption (OT law was wrong) are invalid.
You implied earlier that Christianity does not preach violence (and you quoted Jesus as defense) but that Islam does preach violence.
Yet you carefully omitted to mention that your God gave out just as violent laws to his people but when Muslims claim that their God gave similar laws his people you condemn them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Mar 09

You implied earlier that Christianity does not preach violence (and you quoted Jesus as defense) but that Islam does preach violence.
Yet you carefully omitted to mention that your God gave out just as violent laws to his people but when Muslims claim that their God gave similar laws his people you condemn them.
Christ never preached violence.
Get it?

Nah.. dont think so.
So here it is again:

The OT which is a history of the Jews, does contain violence, and violent instructions given by God.
What does that have to do with what Christ taught.
Mohammed preached violence.
Understand now?

But I suspect you will still come back with some moronic comment.