1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '22 07:45
    @kevin-eleven removed their quoted post
    In the general forum you are asking if people think you are sexy, in here you’re asking about cute Thai guys.

You feeling a little frisky last night?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '22 15:13
    @fmf said
    re: The Constitution ~ The idea that the football coach was establishing "a state religion" is ludicrous. I hardly think it is a proper use of the constitution to try to insulate people from witnessing other people's personal expression of faith.
    I refer you to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Clause#State-sanctioned_prayer_in_public_schools

This decision in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District (2022) effectively has overturned the decision held in Lemon v. Kurtzman (1971), and as such, eliminates over 50 years of court precedent and is wrong on its face. This court seems determined to erode the precedence of the concept of the separation of Church and State, which has held for almost 150 years, at least since 1878, in Reynolds v. United States.

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state

You are certainly free to adopt whatever fanciful opinion of US law that you wish, but it has absolutely zero to do with established law in the US, your utter ignorance of such notwithstanding.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '22 15:26
    @suzianne said
    You are certainly free to adopt whatever fanciful opinion of US law that you wish, but it has absolutely zero to do with established law in the US, your utter ignorance of such notwithstanding.
    You can bandy about words like "idiotic" and "ignorant" and "fanciful" all you want. We'll just have to agree to disagree. The football coach ~ who was not an elected official or a legislator or part of any branch of government ~ wasn't imposing "state-sanctioned prayer" on anyone. While I would oppose the establishment of a state religion [see the 1st amendment], I would not lend my support to the movement in American culture that apparently seeks to drive religion and faith out of the public domain and away from the public square.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree