Why are you a Christian if you don't believe the Bible?

Why are you a Christian if you don't believe the Bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship to JS357
I have the feeling that you may be more concerned not with how God will support you in living but some hard to believe instance in the record of the Bible, like Joshua's long day or Hezekiah seeing the sun dial shadow go backwards.
I think most atheists simply don't feel they have any reason to believe the claims about supernatural things that the literature underpinning religions like yours ~ and that of the Muslims and the Jews ~ make. I don't think stuff like "Joshua's long day" and "Hezekiah" matter much. And neither do you, it seems.

I could be wrong, I suppose, but I think you are trying to attribute trivial textual concerns to JS357 so that you can then dismiss them rather easily. His lack of belief ~ as far as I know ~ comprises a much more profound gap between your perceptions and his. You can't tackle this with the constant sprinkling of little straw men upon that gap,

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
My experience was a gradual one - that is to finally accept the whole Bible as trustworthy.

That was just my experience of growing in faith, honestly.

I only mention it because I suspect it would be the experience of at least some others.
For clarity, shall we pick up again from here again sonship?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The point I was making was that it depends on what parts you are rejecting/questioning! The number of times a roster crowed is one thing, while having to have Jesus Christ as Lord and savior is another. Painting me as dishonest because I didn’t want to just give a yes or no answer to a possible wide interpretation of your question was despicable.
I’m talking about the context of sonship’s original post on page one, which I’ve bumped to help us discus it clearly, ok.

I’m not talking about finding the gospels untrustworthy nor the principle themes of salvation, I’m talking I’m the loosest general terms.

Sonship has made a post on page one, I agree with him. Do you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Daniel, I will tell you this once more and not again.

I am not interested in you, dj2becker, fetchmyjunk or Romans1009. I’m not interested in your posts, your opinions or any of your repetitive idiocy. I will not be engaging with you as you are a juvenile lying troll.

I trust that is clear, but if not, tough.
Gee Wiz?

Moves
07 Jul 18

Daniel, I will tell you this once more and not again.

I am not interested in you, dj2becker, fetchmyjunk or Romans1009. I’m not interested in your posts, your opinions or any of your repetitive idiocy. I will not be engaging with you as you are a juvenile lying troll.

I trust that is clear, but if not, tough.
Oh dear you seem upset.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 18

Gee Wiz?
“gee wiz”
Synonym for "wow". Alleged etymology: A way of saying "Jesus!" without being accused of swearing.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gee%20wiz

“Gee wiz”
This little term derived in the USA as a euphemistic shorthand for Jesus; in other words it is a minced oath.
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/146425.html

Moves
07 Jul 18

“gee wiz”
Synonym for "wow". Alleged etymology: A way of saying "Jesus!" without being accused of swearing.

“Gee wiz”
This little term derived in the USA as a euphemistic shorthand for Jesus; in other words it is a minced oath.
Oh dear you still seem upset.

Moves
07 Jul 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Oh dear you still seem upset.
Do you have anything else to offer the community but repetition and depravity?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
My experience was a gradual one - that is to finally accept the whole Bible as trustworthy.

That was just my experience of growing in faith, honestly.

I only mention it because I suspect it would be the experience of at least some others.
Sonship, KellyJay

Is is possible to be a Christian, to be saved, as sonship was saying in this post on page 1, and yet not find all the bible completely trustworthy?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 18

“gee wiz”

“Gee wiz”
I also say "Shoots and Ladders" instead of saying $hit too for the same reason, and?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 18

Sonship, KellyJay

Is is possible to be a Christian, to be saved, as sonship was saying in this post on page 1, and yet not find all the bible completely trustworthy?
Depends on what parts, as some are very important and others not as.

Moves
07 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Do you have anything else to offer the community but repetition and depravity?
'Depravity' according to your subjective opinion or according to some objective standard?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 18
1 edit

Depends on what parts, as some are very important and others not as.
But it is possible?

Let’s start there first then we can discuss which parts and perhaps sonship will tell us which parts he initially didn’t find entirely trustworthy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 18

I also say "Shoots and Ladders" instead of saying $hit too for the same reason, and?
I was just letting you know that “gee wiz” is a way of taking the Lord’s name in vain.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 18

I was just letting you know that “gee wiz” is a way of taking the Lord’s name in vain.
Not from me it isn't.