Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Infact after reading about three hours worth of references I understand just how it became acceptable and I am willing to state that a self satisfied moral degenerate like you, in that environment, under those same circumstances may also have tolerated it. How does that grab you.

Based on my postings in the this forum, you'd characterize me as someone you could imagine would murder black people?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]Infact after reading about three hours worth of references I understand just how it became acceptable and I am willing to state that a self satisfied moral degenerate like you, in that environment, under those same circumstances may also have tolerated it. How does that grab you.

Based on my postings in the this forum, you'd characterize me as someone you could imagine would murder black people?[/b]
I see no reason why you would object to it nor to find the moral gumption to oppose it if you were also of that epoch and of that class and had economic and religious interests in maintaining a cohesive social order. You can provide me with reasons why I should think otherwise now.

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

I see no reason why you would object to it nor to find the moral gumption to oppose it if you were also of that epoch and of that class and had economic and religious interests in maintaining a cohesive social order. You can provide me with reasons why I should think otherwise now.
So what you are saying is, if I had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, I would probably have lynched black people? Couldn't that be said about anyone, including yourself?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]No I am making a reference to a white person in a film, that being Paul Newman, have you never seen Cool Hand Luke? Oh dear it seems that in your ardour to land a blow you have overlooked the rather obvious, how very sad for you. Paul Newman was white last time I looked, was he not? He stated to the man with no eyes (also white) that he was shakin the bush ...[text shortened]... pi lynching people for your satisfaction" ...was not intended as a joke; you were being serious?
If you can provide a reason as to why i should think that he would oppose lynching if he was of that epoch and of that social class then do so now. I have already stated that I see no problem with him or you for that matter assuming the very same circumstances as that of a plantation owner.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So what you are saying is, if I had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, I would probably have lynched black people? Couldn't that be said about anyone, including yourself?
Yes it could but I think i would have the moral gumption to oppose it, I cannot say the same for you or divesgeester. If you could provide evidence of you opposing a moral that is held to be the common consensus then i may be swayed.

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

If you can provide a reason as to why i should think that he would oppose lynching if he was of that epoch and of that social class then do so now. I have already stated that I see no problem with him or you for that matter assuming the very same circumstances as that of a plantation owner.
So if I had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, I would probably have lynched black people, that's the blow you're trying to land here? Couldn't the same have been said of you: if back then, if you had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, you would probably have lynched black people? Is this what you're on about?

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

Yes it could but I think i would have the moral gumption to oppose it, I cannot say the same for you or divesgeester.
What murders have I ever condoned in any of my contributions to this forum?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
So if I had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, I would probably have lynched black people, that's the blow you're trying to land here? Couldn't the same have been said of you: if back then, if you had been someone who was happy to lynch black people, you would probably have lynched black people? Is this what you're on about?
I have answered this above. You see i can provide a plethora of evidence for defying popular opinion, can you do likewise?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
What murders have I ever condoned in any of my contributions to this forum?
I am not asking what you have condoned, i am asking you what popular consensus or opinions have you opposed or taken a moral stance against? As far as I can discern you are simply happy to go with the flow, are you not?

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

Yes it could but I think i would have the moral gumption to oppose it, I cannot say the same for you or divesgeester.
Would you have used violence to try to stop lynch mobs from murdering people?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Would you have used violence to try to stop lynch mobs from murdering people?
No violence is likely to get more people killed, is it not? I would have kidnapped the accused man and rode north with him to a safe haven, putting my own life on the line, but not that of others.

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

No violence is likely to get more people killed. Its is wrong for me to take life.
So what form would your opposition to the murder of black people taken?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
So what form would your opposition to the murder of black people taken?
I don't know its difficult to say. I would have made my private property a haven and a sanctuary and used all my resources to give them protection and safe passage.

F

Moves
19 Apr 15

I am not asking what you have condoned, i am asking you what popular consensus or opinions have you opposed or taken a moral stance against? As far as I can discern you are simply happy to go with the flow, are you not?
I oppose discrimination against racial minorities. So I certainly wouldn't be disposed to murder people from racial minorities.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 15

So you still cannot provide a popular front that you have opposed?