Why all the confusion about what the bible says????

Why all the confusion about what the bible says????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Well of course. You are so smart dude....
FMF: Do you attribute to "the Devil" all deviations from the Biblical interpretations propagated by JW organization?

@galveston75 said

Do your elders ever attribute to "Satan" any dissent or disagreements with the official interpretations they encounter from any independent and thoughtful Bible readers who are members of local groups? That would probably inhibit them. It might help with your much-touted unanimity.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jul 19

@fmf said
FMF: Do you attribute to "the Devil" all deviations from the Biblical interpretations propagated by JW organization?

@galveston75 said

Do your elders ever attribute to "Satan" any dissent or disagreements with the official interpretations they encounter from any independent and thoughtful Bible readers who are members of local groups? That would probably inhibit them. It might help with your much-touted unanimity.
We are doing just fine......

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Keep yourselves to yourselves and smug in peace

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Just fine? Just fine for who. Certainly not God.
Hundreds of false prophesies and you call that just fine?
Sounds like Satan is in control of the Watchtower pal.

F

Moves
18 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Have you ever sat down and talked to ex-JWs about how and why they don't think the JW organization is "doing just fine"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 19

@fmf said
Have you ever sat down and talked to ex-JWs about how and why they don't think the JW organization is "doing just fine"?
If the elders find out he is talking to an ex JW he will also be dis-fellowshiped. The idea is to completely sideline them otherwise they will infect members

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jul 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I've heard just about anything that could be said when it comes to one not wanting to be involved with the JW's. I've had a couple family members that were once active JW's and personal friends that I grew up with who used to be active JW's.
So not too many reasons out there that I've not heard of.
The bible uses the examples of weeds along a road that spring up but then soon wilt and die off.
This is speaking of ones who hear and learn about Jehovah and all that he offers. They get excited and blossom but then something comes along that they decide this isn't for them and that original excitement and hope vanishes.
It is not uncommon for this to happen at all.
Once they come to either realize the commitment that ones need to make to Jehovah and then seeing the dangers of the world with Satan being the ruler of it and all his snares and how they should live, they decide it's either too hard or they give into pressures from friends and relatives.
Jesus said that those exact issues would arise with "family's being divided" because of doing all that Jesus said to with truly following his commands. He said "the world would hate you" just as some here do.
So to each their own. Jehovah pushes no one to worship him.
But as the earth wide organization of JW's goes, we are doing more then fine.......

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
I've heard just about anything that could be said when it comes to one not wanting to be involved with the JW's. I've had a couple family members that were once active JW's and personal friends that I grew up with who used to be active JW's.
So not too many reasons out there that I've not heard of.
The bible uses the examples of weeds along a road that spring up but ...[text shortened]... o worship him.
But as the earth wide organization of JW's goes, we are doing more then fine.......
A bunch of useless opinions and outright lies. How about dealing with some facts? Like what does the Bible say about prophets who make prophesies which do not come to pass.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
[i]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that lo ...[text shortened]... to door and preaching

They key is charity and good works, as Jesus explained in detail in Matt 25
Nice

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Do you not know that seven of Sauls sons were hanged by David [on Gods approval] for sins committed by Saul?
Sure... Physical, relatively quick death is not so bad. After all we all gotta die sumtime .

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 19

@karoly-aczel said
Sure... Physical, relatively quick death is not so bad. After all we all gotta die sumtime .
Ok. But they died for the sons of their father. God said that would not happen

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
A bunch of useless opinions and outright lies. How about dealing with some facts? Like what does the Bible say about prophets who make prophesies which do not come to pass.
Oh. Wait. Is this directed at me? Sorry I thought you were saying this about you because it fits perfectly.... LOL

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
The bible uses the examples of weeds along a road that spring up but then soon wilt and die off.
Have senior members of your non-profit corporation instructed you or suggested to you [through articles in magazines/books or preaching in Kingdom Halls] to say this thing about "weeds" when addressing the criticisms of former JWs or is it a way you personally have come up with using your Bible to offer a bland catch-all dismissal of all dissent, no matter how informed it may be?

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
The bible explains many things that would seem to be very clear, but aren't like what exactly is fornication, as was just discussed in another thread. Or is the trinity fact? Who goes to heaven or to hell? Does the soul live on after death? Is there a devil? Did the flood really happen? Etc.
So again why such heated disagreements that can in certain areas of the planet ...[text shortened]... If he is real does he really want us to know that?
Just seeing what thoughts are out there.......
Lively disagreement and discussion about things is really second nature to man. It can be healthy as a tool that sharpens us and leads us to better conclusions.

Yet, in terms of Christianity, we must be weary about some of the interpretations that are offered which are self-serving and cherry-picked. I think that, in those cases, it is clear that it is destructive and leads people astray, and that it often props up charlatans.

E

Moves
21 Jul 19

@Philokalia

Paul warned not to argue over debatable matters, but he did stand against false teachings.