Who's the most impressive Christian you've met

Who's the most impressive Christian you've met

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I would be happy to pay to renew your subscription. RHP wouldn't be the same without you. Please let me know if you'll allow me to follow through on this gesture of good will. Seriously.
This is a very nice offer.

I hope pcaspian stays because, personally, I think he's a nice guy... and in the end, isn't that all that matters??

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 05

For the record, pcaspian said this on September 27, 2004:

I have decided to return some time next year, primarily in the hope (truth be told) that Russ starts banning some users on this site.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=14749&page=5

That page and the next few make clear why pcaspian said he was leaving the site in September.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
What the f-ck does all this have to do with the most impressive Christian you have ever met? These personal rivalries are extremely petty and ridiculous.

No1, you need to lay off pcaspian as this is not a f-cking courtroom.

Ivanhoe is already taking a timeout, so that's a good thing.

He's a hypocrite. She's a hypocrite. They're all hypo ...[text shortened]... hen these arguments reach a fever pitch, we all need to step back and check ourselves.

Peace.
As pcaspian said this in this thread:

Well, the difference to me atleast is that I respect any person's belief

and my comment was how did he square such a statement with his history here of calling for people to be banned, I think I'm on-point with the other posters. If you don't like my posts, just alert them; I think you are being petty and ridiculous.

d

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder

and my comment was how did he square such a statement with his history here of calling for people to be banned, I think I'm on-point with the other posters. If you don't like my posts, just alert them; I think you are being petty and ridiculous.
I don't alert posts. I address the poster directly.

p

Graceland.

Moves
02 Apr 05

No1, did I by any chance suggest that any RHP member should receive a ban ... based on their 'belief' i.e. "Russ, please ban BBarr bacause he's an athiest/believes in abortion" ?

If not, please cease this accusation as it simply isn't true.

pc

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
[b] As pcaspian said this in this thread:

and my comment was how did he square such a statement with his history here of calling for people to be banned, I think I'm on-point with the other posters. If you don't li ...[text shortened]... elieves in abortion" ?

If not, please cease this accusation as it simply isn't true.

pc
You said that people should be banned because they are 'poluting the threads.'
By poluting the threads, you can either mean one of two things:

1) Presenting ideas which you find abhorant;
2) Or being vulgar, obscene or the like.

If 1), I assure you that many people find your views about the way in which you
feel the world ought to work are equally abhorant and, as such, you ought to be
banned as well.

If 2), then why haven't you observed that Ivanhoe is poluting the threads and
ruining the atmosphere at RHP by his repeated incidents where he insults people
out of hand?

Which is it, 1 or 2?

Nemesio

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Apr 05
1 edit

[b/]Originally posted by no1marauder

and my comment was how did he square such a statement ...[text shortened]... not, please cease this accusation as it simply isn't true.

pc
It is an amazing coincidence that all the people you wanted banned didn't agree with your political and philosophical positions isn't it, pcaspian?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
03 Apr 05

Originally posted by huntingbear
bbarr was right, I do find time short. Right now my kids are napping and I should be comparing and contrasting Genesis with other Ancient Near Eastern cosmogonies in an essay. I thought I'd take a break.

But bbarr's answer, though correct, isn't the whole story. There is another reason I rarely stop by the forums. It's the kind of thing that's ha ...[text shortened]... much? Sometimes, it just makes me sick.

* alluding to Romans 2:24
** alluding to Romans 7:24
You're right, I'm sorry.

Thank you,

Bennett

p

Graceland.

Moves
03 Apr 05

It is an amazing coincidence that all the people you wanted banned didn't agree with your political and philosophical positions isn't it, pcaspian?

Hardly, someone who shared my faith would not make vulgar references to Christ. However, as you were being sarcastic, lets try just a little rebuttal.

1. I also supported Ivan's ban from RHP. This alone blows your theory out of the water.
2. Of all the people that do not share my faith and views, a miniscule percentage I believe acted in a fashion deserved of reprimand.

Having said that, I've moved on. So if you want to continue discussing this, perhaps open a thread in the debates forum or we can continue this in private.

cheers

pc

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
03 Apr 05

Is the title of this thread: The most impressive Christian sermon I ever heard?

p

Graceland.

Moves
03 Apr 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Is the title of this thread: The most impressive Christian sermon I ever heard?

Nope, but thats a good idea too. I was interested is which Christians certain people had the most respect for.

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
03 Apr 05
1 edit

Haha, odd fellow but quite inspirational !

Looking at more of Blessitt's website, I see that he takes credit for bringing President Bush to Christ:

http://www.blessitt.com/bush.html

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Apr 05

I should say that I taught a football player at State U (now in the NFL) who was not only effective on the field, but in my classroom articulated his understanding of biblical injunctions regarding sexuality in a way that the disagreement it provoked from two lesbians in class did not become personal dislike. They disagreed vehemently with his position, but not his manner of expressing it.

He is an impressive Christian. A true gentleman in civil society, and an effective warrior on the field of battle. His tackles often take all the fight out of the enemy quarterback, while his manner provokes no unnecessary fight among those who found his views disagreeable.

h

e2

Moves
03 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Why don't we leave Jesus Christ and what you believe He wants out of this for a change.

Why don't you analyse the whole situation on the forums instead of defending foulmouth Bbarr and his bullying friends and stop attacking and critisising me for not doing what you believe God wants. Please leave God out of this.
First, I never defended bbarr.

Second, I will never leave Christ out of it. I am a Christian.

Third, because you claim to be His follower (that's what the word Christian means) I am shocked that would leave Christ out of anything.

Fourth, you accused me of keeping my faith to myself and within my home, and now you demand that I leave my faith when I come to discuss forum etiquette. Am I too Christian or not Christian enough?

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
03 Apr 05