who?

who?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
The house of Israel IS Jacob, the woman in travail, to bare the MANchild, and a child shall lead.

House

Temple
The house of israel is Jacob? and the woman....(?)
Really bad answer man, it tells me nothing.

Whats the go with Jacob? Why's he described as a house?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 10

karoly?
taco?

t

Moves
04 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel

House, as referring temple, temple of Israel, as God said "Be ye Holy, for I am Holy" and this is what I have been trying to become once again for the past 7 years.

However, when you are in a den of hell, the subtleties and wrestling pull in your face, it is a rather complex rectification.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel

Jacob, the son of Isaac, the grandson of Abraham.

The offspring of his 12 sons became the 12 tribes of Israel following the Exodus.

Before his 12th child (Benjamin) was born, he met a mysterious being variously described as "man", "angel" or even "God", whom he wrestled with until daybreak the next day. When they both realized that the being would not overpower Jacob, Jacob demanded a blessing, and the being said that henceforth, Jacob shall be called "Israel".

Thus do some call Jacob "the house of Israel" since he basically became the third patriarch of the people of Israel, named thus after him.

d

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
Jacob, the son of Isaac, the grandson of Abraham.

The offspring of his 12 sons became the 12 tribes of Israel following the Exodus.

Before his 12th child (Benjamin) was born, he met a mysterious being variously described as "man", "angel" or even "God", whom he wrestled with until daybreak the next day. When they both realized that the being would no ...[text shortened]... he basically became the third patriarch of the people of Israel, named thus after him.
So you're following along in this thread just fine, are ya?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
So you're following along in this thread just fine, are ya?
Thread? What thread?

Actually, I'm just responding to the questions: um, so what's up with this Jacob guy? And where does the 'house of Israel' fit in?

I knew the answer, so I blurted it out. So sue me.

BTW, his son Joseph was the dude with the technicolor dreamcoat. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10
1 edit

House, as referring temple, temple of Israel, as God said "Be ye Holy, for I am Holy" and this is what I have been trying to become once again for the past 7 years.

However, when you are in a den of hell, the subtleties and wrestling pull in your face, it is a rather complex rectification.
Bless you, dear traveller. Peace be upon you for all eternity. 🙂
...and thank you for an answer

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
Thread? What thread?

Actually, I'm just responding to the questions: um, so what's up with this Jacob guy? And where does the 'house of Israel' fit in?

I knew the answer, so I blurted it out. So sue me.

BTW, his son Joseph was the dude with the technicolor dreamcoat. 😀
So thats what taco meant? The biblical refrence?