1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 10:00
    @suzianne said
    And what do you think you get if you "win"?
    Im more a 'Jesus' kind of Christian but everytime you post I have to commend Paul for saying what he said about your type.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 13:082 edits
    @divegeester

So can I get you to be clear please, you are saying that all 3 distinct persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwelt within the Son, Jesus?

Yes. This is what I believe we are shown in the Bible.

Of course the Son is in the Son.
    What about the Father?
    I'm sorry. But it is made so clear by quoting the Scriptures.

"Phillip said to Him, Lord, show us that Father and it is sufficient for us.
    Jesus said to him, Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known Me, Phillip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how is it that you say, Show us the Father?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves." (John 14:8-11)

How about the Holy Spirit then?
    He was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

The angel told Mary -
    " The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, therefore also the holy thing which is born will be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)

I believe He was not only anointed with the Holy Spirit. He was intrinsically indwelt with by the Spirit. In resurrection He breathed OUT of Himself and told the disciples to "Receive the Holy Spirit".

Out from Him - into them. The picture conveys Christ dispensing from within Him into the disciples the Third of the Triune God.

'And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 20:22)

So all the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily.
    The fullness was pleased to dwell in the Man Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Don't you want to love Him and worship Him ?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 13:15
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

What about the Father?
    I'm sorry. But it is made so clear by quoting the Scriptures.
    Phillip said to Him, Lord, show us that Father and it is sufficient for us.Jesus said to him, Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known Me, Phillip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how is it that you say, Show us the Father?
    But you always claim that Jesus was NOT the Father because he had to pray to the Father in heaven.

Now you are saying that the Father wasn’t in heaven he was in fullness in Jesus.

Which is it?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 15:303 edits
    @divegeester
    But you always claim that Jesus was NOT the Father because he had to pray to the Father in heaven.

I usually QUOTE the Bible to show what I wish to show.
    Of course many passages show Jesus praying to the Father,
    obeying the Father,
    coming under the Father in subjection,
    petitioning the Father,
    declaring the Father as greater than all,
    speak of coming from Him,
    and speak of going back to Him.

I take these revelations too. -
    This is why the dear brothers of old came up with a word - "TRI-une."
    We believe the Three and the One.

Now you are saying that the Father wasn’t in heaven he was in fullness in Jesus.

You cannot quote me writing that the Father was not in heaven.
    Of course the Father was in heaven.

But to see Jesus was also to see the Father.
    The greatest way of blessing is to trust and believe ALL that the Bible says.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 15:334 edits
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

John gave us heads up that this was going to be very profound and mysterious about the Father and the Son and the Spirit. Did he not open his gospel with an indication that what you were about to read concerning God would be beyond human ability to completely explain?

Yet, though God is impossible to completely explain we nonetheless can receive Him and enjoy Him. In fact we MUST do so. We must believe this profound One and enjoy His life, presence, and indwelling.

John is even so bold as to say that no one as seen God at any time. The only begotten Son has declared Him.

"No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him." (John 1:18)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 15:37
    Ask me if the Father died on the cross.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 16:08
    @divegeester said

Which is it?
    Sonship?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 16:542 edits
    @divegeester

Which is it?
    Sonship?

Divegeester?
    I replied to this question.

Please don't act like you are being evaded when the answer has been written above.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 16:563 edits
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I usually QUOTE the Bible to show what I wish to show.
    Of course many passages show Jesus praying to the Father,
    obeying the Father,
    coming under the Father in subjection,
    petitioning the Father,
    declaring the Father as greater than all ...[text shortened]... er.
    The greatest way of blessing is to trust and believe ALL that the Bible says.

The greatest way of blessing is to trust and believe ALL that the Bible says. [/quote]
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 19:50
    @sonship said

The greatest way of blessing is to trust and believe ALL that the Bible says. [/quote]
    Why was Jesus praying to the father in heaven when the father was actually inside him?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 20:063 edits
    @divegeester

Why was Jesus praying to the father in heaven when the father was actually inside him?

That may be a good question. Yet regenerated Christians have the same experience of praying to the Lord Jesus, who is at that same time in heaven at the right hand of God (Rom. 8:34) and is within them too (Rom. 8:10).

The follower of Jesus Christ should learn to what degree Christ has pioneered a certain way of oneness with God in which we now follow. What an honor!

"As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 21:41
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That may be a good question.
    It is a good question; do you feel like actually answering it?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 22:43
    @divegeester

Need your curiosity tickled do you?

You should spend at least equivalent time someday praying to the Lord in the heavens and the Lord who has come into your heart. That is if He has come into your heart through regeneration.

You can't remain cold and objective theologically forever.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 22:461 edit

Why not?
    He totally loved His Father.

Where ever the Father is the Son in His bosom loves Him to the uttermost and the Father the Son.

What difference does it make where the Father is if the Son loves Him to speak, petition, fellowship, commune with.

Had you been one of the twelve disciples would you expect Him to ask you for permission first before praying?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 09:52
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Need your curiosity tickled do you?

You should spend at least equivalent time someday praying to the Lord in the heavens and the Lord who has come into your heart. That is if He has come into your heart through regeneration.

You can't remain cold and objective theologically forever.
    Why are you dodging my question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree