Who is christian?

Who is christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Please forgive me for not following up sooner.
Certainly I could be wrong, but I believe I am right at least for the most part.
Yes I believe sometime after my death I will face Jesus, or some form of God and be judged accordingly.
This belief in final judgement is not just Christian BTW. The ancient Egyptians e.g. believed Anubis would weigh your soul against a feather. I think the soul gets heavier with misdeeds in that instance.
(No problems with the delayed answer-no rush. I'm serious about that,btw. With spirituality, things should never be rushed or forced)

Good answer,btw, I'm glad to see you dont have some fundamentalist-type of view about what happens when we die.
I believe that what happens to our "souls" when we die is partly dictated by us. The 'energy forms' that we encounter after we die, will be based on our own understanding
of life (and death as we understand them), and not totally by "God". After all we will need to be given a 'system of understanding' that reflects our own mind up until the point of death. Otherwise what would be the point? It would be like sending a 3year old to meet his maker and expect them to know (and be accountable) the actions they committed in life. Do you get what I'm trying to get at here? (If you do, I would have a follow up question. No rush 🙂 )

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
(No problems with the delayed answer-no rush. I'm serious about that,btw. With spirituality, things should never be rushed or forced)

Good answer,btw, I'm glad to see you dont have some fundamentalist-type of view about what happens when we die.
I believe that what happens to our "souls" when we die is partly dictated by us. The 'energy forms' tha ...[text shortened]... 'm trying to get at here? (If you do, I would have a follow up question. No rush 🙂 )
I believe not all are held fully accountable e.g. the very young, the mentally incompetent. Different belief systems may or may not have a special place for them. Limbo as one example.
However I am pretty sure there is no reincarnation, other than "to be born again" as a Christian, that is a death and resurrection be it in spirt form or symbolic or both.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by lolof
Why should we want to believe that God is so ready to judge and punish? If God exists, then surely he knows that human beings make human mistakes. Most of us try to do our best most of the time - do we have to feel guilt and remorse, does that make us better individuals and does that make our lives better?
God is also ready to forgive and reward. 🙂
God know we will fall short, and He also knows if we do our best. Sin is wanton disobediance to God's law. One can IMO commit a "sin" but not knowing it was wrong, have no "black mark" against them.
With the knowledge that we have sinned, we confess, ask for forgiveness, don't do it again, and move on. 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 11

Wow!! A recommendation from Robbie. Miracles do happen 😀

No, seriously, thanks dude.
I also worry about the sort of world my kids will grow up in, but I have faith that things will improve-even if there needs to be some "cleansing" .

After all, it will be our kids shaping the world after us old farts die out. I want to do the best for them that ...[text shortened]... e world for the better.
As you know, change can happen relatively quickly, if we let it
😵
I believe both of you will be trying to indoctrinate.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by lolof
Why should we want to believe that God is so ready to judge and punish? If God exists, then surely he knows that human beings make human mistakes. Most of us try to do our best most of the time - do we have to feel guilt and remorse, does that make us better individuals and does that make our lives better?
Yes.

rc

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
the bible instructs us to inculcate values in our children, are you denying this verifiable
fact? no well, then , what are you trying to say, as if we didn't know that already.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the bible instructs us to inculcate values in our children, are you denying this verifiable
fact? no well, then , what are you trying to say, as if we didn't know that already.
You will indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, and indoctrinate!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I believe not all are held fully accountable e.g. the very young, the mentally incompetent. Different belief systems may or may not have a special place for them. Limbo as one example.
However I am pretty sure there is no reincarnation, other than "to be born again" as a Christian, that is a death and resurrection be it in spirt form or symbolic or both.
Well i do believe in a sort of reincarnation. But I dont think it's as simple as some make out. I just think some lives are linked , even through long stretches of time, even from different planets, by some undescribable link.
But thats not as important as trying to understand the life we have right here, before us. I do believe there is a puzzle for us to work out, to re-unite with the matrix of our creation (as I sometimes like to put it). I know it can sound very arrogant, talking like this, I say all this with as much humility as I can muster.
So, how about this puzzle of life,eh?

edit:BTW I've heard some differing takes on being born again as a christian. Some being more hardcore than others. Whats your take on it? Is it easy to accomplish? Can it happen just "out of the blue" or do you have to conjure it up somehow?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I dont know about Robbie, I think it's in his mandate to find new Witnesses, but as for me I am not trying to indoctrinate anyone.
I challenge you to find one post where I have tried to indoctrinate anyone. Go on. just one. If you cant then I expect you to please retract your statement immediately. Thank you in advance.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Answer the question,Rob. We are not talking about children here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Nov 11

..I challenge you to find one post where I have tried to indoctrinate anyone. Go on. just one. .
Oh thats easy. I remember telling you over and over that in my opinion homosexuality is wrong according to the Bible and you kept insisting that I need to change my view becuase no harm comes to anyone. You further tried to convince me that you were showing me how I can make Christianity carry more weight. Thats indoctrination.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Oh thats easy. I remember telling you over and over that in my opinion homosexuality is wrong according to the Bible and you kept insisting that I need to change my view becuase no harm comes to anyone. You further tried to convince me that you were showing me how I can make Christianity carry more weight. Thats indoctrination.
What ? indoctorinating you to become a homosexual or trying to show you that your views are indoctrinated themselves?
What a joke. If you think thats indoctrination then I think we'll need to address what it is we mean when we say that. Dont you?

F

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Unless he was telling you to accept his doctrine uncritically, which I don't think he was, then it's just him expressing his opinion, and not 'indoctrination'.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
Unless he was telling you to accept his doctrine uncritically, which I don't think he was, then it's just him expressing his opinion, and not 'indoctrination'.
Thanks. You put it much more eloquently

F

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

What ? indoctorinating you to become a homosexual or trying to show you that your views are indoctrinated themselves?
What a joke. If you think thats indoctrination then I think we'll need to address what it is we mean when we say that. Dont you?
I think Rajk999 may have meant something like 'preaching' or 'advocacy' rather than 'indoctrination', which I don't think is the apt word for what he's describing you as having said.