Who is christian?

Who is christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Nov 11

During my reading of recent threads I am more confused than ever as to who the "real christians" are.
The JW's claim that christians are not actually the real christians , while not claiming that title for themselves either.

I have my own ideas on who the real christians are, but I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me who the real christians are and why.

s

England

Moves
11 Nov 11

its anyone who does gods work, not say they do.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
During my reading of recent threads I am more confused than ever as to who the "real christians" are.
The JW's claim that christians are not actually the real christians , while not claiming that title for themselves either.

I have my own ideas on who the real christians are, but I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me who the real christians are and why.
Why care?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by stoker
other religions claim to do God's work , are they christians in your book too?

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Nov 11

Christ was probably a Christian. The rest is open to debate.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Why care?
Because I am genuinely interested where this line of inquiry will lead.

I would like to know if most think in broad terms (like stoker -see above) or if they are more strict with their interpretation.
Also I would like to know how the JWs fit into the picture- what others think of them and what they think of themselves.

(If this does not interest you then just dont read or respond. No skin of my back.)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Nov 11

Originally posted by stoker
I believe I do many things that would be considered "Gods work" however I do not call myself "christian".

Moves
12 Nov 11
1 edit

The only people I would count as Christians are the ones that are clearly striving to be better at it.

Not that anyone is depending on my opinion.

Moves
12 Nov 11

Originally posted by Soothfast
Christ was probably a Christian. The rest is open to debate.
Nah, he was Jewish.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
The only people I would count as Christians are the ones that are clearly striving to be better at it.

Not that anyone is depending on my opinion.
I'm not depending on your opinion but I do consider your opinion, (as someone who is alive now with a bit of intelligence and a seemingly fair disposition ), more valid than the opinion of someone from hundreds, if not thousands of years ago.
I have only known of a few others that consider the opinion of people alive now more important than opinions form the past. After all, who knows how potentially corrupted the info is from ages ago. Your opinion is more fresh and hence more vital (in my way of thinking) for forming my view of the world. So thanks, sincerely ๐Ÿ™‚

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Nov 11

that's very easy. there are no 'real' christians.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Nov 11

Where' Robbie Carrobie opinion when you want it?

Robbie! Oh,Rooobbbbbiiiieeee!!!
Or Galv.
Could either of you tell me what the go is here and your organizations stance on this matter?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Nov 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that's very easy. there are no 'real' christians.
How so?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
12 Nov 11

Only Christ Himself can and will answer this.

w

Moves
12 Nov 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Only Christ Himself can and will answer this.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!! ๐Ÿ˜ต