Who goes to heaven?

Who goes to heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Well of course you do. I've been here two years and I've not seen you admit you were wrong once yet, despite seeing you argued into the floor on a number of occasions. You have self-importance issues dude.
its not about me, its about assumptions like, 'be good', 'its the fundamental message of
Christianity', wait a minute, no its not, Jesus stated that no one is good, meh, its ok,
I've proved my point anyway, ok, but you still haven't told us what you are havering
about.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You use this argument a lot when you haven't got convincing things to say or when you've become upset.
more cheap comments, you stated it, yet you cannot tell us what it is you are talking
about and have excused yourself with even more vague assertions of morality and
'good', life, its a spiritual junk yard of incongruous pieces all bolted together with
assumption, piled up high! to form some kind of edifice of your opinions. Why dont you
get your tinfoil hat and parabolic receiver and you and the cat confer, let me know
when you are ready!

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

ok guys i am going to gym, hopefully ill have a 'good workout', according to FMF a
moral and virtuous workout, according to avalanche the cat it might help me with my
personal issues of self importance. If anyone can define what these two are havering
about, let it be known, you will be doing me and them a favour.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
more cheap comments, you stated it yet you cannot tell us what it is you are talking
about and have excused yourself with even more vague assertions of morality and
good life, its a spiritual junk yard of incongruous pieces all bolted together with
assumption, piled up high! to form some kind of edifice of your opinions. Why dont you
get your tinfoil hat and parabolic receiver and you and the cat confer, let me know
when your ready!
Well I've learnt useful and relevant stuff about morality and living a good life from about 20 or 30 other posters here, much more so than I have from you. From you I have learnt a lot about the reality of trying to engage the fervent and vainglorious religionist mind map. It doesn't concern me at all that you are making personal remarks, and nor does your caustic demeanour set you up as a credible moral teacher of any kind.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Well I've learnt useful and relevant stuff about morality and living a good life from about 20 or 30 other posters here, much more so than I have from you. From you I have learnt a lot about the reality of trying to engage the fervent and vainglorious religionist mind map. It doesn't concern me at all that you are making personal remarks, and nor does it set you up as a credible moral teacher of any kind.
You are still havering! 'a good life', whats that FMF?

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

ok guys i am going to gym, hopefully ill have a 'good workout', according to FMF a
moral and virtuous workout, according to avalanche the cat it might help me with my
personal issues of self importance. If anyone can define what these two are havering
about, let it be known, you will be doing me and them a favour.
The word "good" in "good workout" is not the same meaning of "good" that avalanchethecat was talking about in the context of what is at the core of all religions including Christianity.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

You are still havering! 'a good life', whats that FMF?
The one I was trying to live during my 28 years of being a Christian, and the same moral life that I am endeavouring to live to this day as an ex-Christian.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

its not about me, its about assumptions like, 'be good', 'its the fundamental message of
Christianity', wait a minute, no its not, Jesus stated that no one is good, meh, its ok,
I've proved my point anyway, ok, but you still haven't told us what you are havering
about.
You ought to try being good for a while Robbie. It makes you a much happier and more agreeable person.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The word "good" in "good workout" is not the same meaning of "good" that avalanchethecat was talking about in the context of what is at the core of all religions including Christianity.
why not, you have not said? Jesus own teaching contradicts your claim.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

You ought to try being good for a while Robbie. It makes you a much happier and more agreeable person.
ill feel better after a workout and sauna, thanks for your concern.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

ill feel better after a workout and sauna, thanks for your concern.
Ok but listen, I'm really not trying to score points off of you. I apologise for what I said about you never admitting you're wrong, that was me failing to be good. I know you're a white-hat guy really, but you can be pretty frustrating to discuss things with when you put your mind to it. I actually think there's some potentially interesting mileage in this subject if you can get over this semantic point, so perhaps we can get back on track after your work-out.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

why not, you have not said?
Why not what? Why doesn't the word "good" have just one meaning, as in "it's a good microphone; it works properly"?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jul 12

Ok but listen, I'm really not trying to score points off of you. I apologise for what I said about you never admitting you're wrong, that was me failing to be good. I know you're a white-hat guy really, but you can be pretty frustrating to discuss things with when you put your mind to it. I actually think there's some potentially interesting mileage ...[text shortened]... u can get over this semantic point, so perhaps we can get back on track after your work-out.
I apologise for what I said about you never admitting you're wrong, that was me failing to be good.

It's also the truth.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Ok but listen, I'm really not trying to score points off of you. I apologise for what I said about you never admitting you're wrong, that was me failing to be good. I know you're a white-hat guy really, but you can be pretty frustrating to discuss things with when you put your mind to it. I actually think there's some potentially interesting mileage ...[text shortened]... u can get over this semantic point, so perhaps we can get back on track after your work-out.
no need to apologise dear cat dude, your magnanimity and humility are a lesson for
all. I have cramp after my work out, it was so painful it was difficult to drive home 🙁

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]I apologise for what I said about you never admitting you're wrong, that was me failing to be good.

It's also the truth.[/b]
woa, bitchin or what? Is it any wonder RJH left and went to chess only.