Who goes to heaven?

Who goes to heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Apparently he seriously thought you could have meant "good" as in "good microphone". Despite his speculation about that and "good knife" and a "good cat catching mice" etc. he also said he has no idea what you meant by "good" that is "at the core of pretty much all religions".
Yes, I presume he's waiting for me to express the concept in Aramaic or Koine Greek.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I don't really have much interest in the direction you're trying to take this discussion, Robbie. I think "be good" pretty much sums up the fundamental message of christianity. I'm pretty sure you could grasp this simple concept if you chose to, but instead you appear set on arguing a wholly unrelated semantic issue. This does, however, serve to unde ...[text shortened]... line the point I made about devotees of scripture missing the basic purpose of their creed.
i dont think it does, in fact, Christ himself stated,

(Mark 10:17-18) . . .And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and
fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what
must I do to inherit everlasting life?”  Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me
good? Nobody is good, except one, God. . .

essentially debunking your claim in an instant. If you are going to use terms and
apply them to 'the fundamental message of Christianity', dont you think its good
form that you define your terms, otherwise, you just might find out that what you
are expressing is not really 'the fundamental message of Christianity', at all, but an
assumption as to what the fundamental message of Christianity is.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Yes, I presume he's waiting for me to express the concept in Aramaic or Koine Greek.
oh dear, presumption and assumption, perhaps its hanging out with FMF thats done it, 1st Corinthians 15:33, 'bad associations spoil useful habits'.😵

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Apparently he seriously thought you could have meant "good" as in "good microphone". Despite his speculation about that and "good knife" and a "good cat catching mice" etc. he also said he has no idea what you meant by "good" that is "at the core of pretty much all religions".
"at the core of pretty much all religions" more assumption, unless you can define your
terms and i honestly dont think you can, otherwise you would have, then you seem not
to know what it is you are talking about, even worse, you expect us to telepathically
read your vacant mind. Just what do you mean by good FMF, you have not said yet
seem to exhibit the rather peculiar capacity for knowing what avalanche the cat
meant. Is it a secret? why dont you tell us what 'good', is, that its at the core of
almost all religions, as you have claimed.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i dont think it does, in fact, Christ himself stated,

(Mark 10:17-18) . . .And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and
fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what
must I do to inherit everlasting life?”  Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me
good? Nobody is good, except one, God. . .

...[text shortened]... essing is not really 'the fundamental message of Christianity', at all, but an
assumption.
No I think my terms were adequately defined already, and thank you for proving my point.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

"at the core of pretty much all religions" more assumption, unless you can define your
terms and i honestly dont think you can, otherwise you would have, then you seem not
to know what it is you are talking about, even worse, you expect us to telepathically
read your vacant mind. Just what do you mean by good FMF, you have not said yet
seem t ...[text shortened]... ell us what 'good', is, that its at the core of
almost all religions, as you have claimed.
I think being "good" is at the core of pretty much all religions. I don't think it is controversial in the slightest.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

No I think my terms were adequately defined already, and thank you for proving my point.
You have proved nothing other than you make assumptions and expect others to go
along with those assumptions, must be a hard pill to swallow when the originator of
Christianity is on record as debunking those assumptions. All are to be good -
avalanche the cat, its the fundamental message of Christianity, 'no one is good except
one' - Jesus Christ, clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

along with those assumptions, must be a hard pill to swallow when the originator of
avalanche the cat, its the fundamental message of Christianity, 'no one is good except
I think being "good" is at the core of Christianity, just like all the major religions. Don't you?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I think being "good" is at the core of pretty much all religions. I don't think it is controversial in the slightest.
i dont really think you know what you are talking about to be honest, I certainly have
no idea what you are havering about, some vague and limp assertion, why dont you
define what it is you are talking about, how hard can it be?

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

i dont really think you know what you are talking about to be honest, I certainly have
no idea what you are havering about, some vague and limp assertion, why dont you
define what it is you are talking about, how hard can it be?
I am talking about the same thing as avalanchethecat. I have talked about morality and living a good life on countless other threads. I am not repeating it all for you here now.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I am talking about the same thing as avalanchethecat. I have talked about morality and living a good life on countless other threads. I am not repeating it all for you here now.
yes we have already established that you are telepathically linked, you keep using the
term 'good', yet you seem unable to define it, I think your talking pants to be honest. I
dont think you have the slightest idea what 'good' is.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

The fact that you are able to utilise your scripture to support an argument attesting that being 'good' is not the fundamental basis of christianity is all the proof I need that my original point was well made.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

The fact that you are able to utilise your scripture to support an argument attesting that being 'good' is not the fundamental basis of christianity is all the proof I need that my original point was well made.
whatever rocks your socks dude, I still say you dont know what it is you are talking
about.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

whatever rocks your socks dude, I still say you dont know what it is you are talking
about.
Well of course you do. I've been here two years and I've not seen you admit you were wrong once yet, despite seeing you argued into the floor on a number of occasions. You have self-importance issues dude.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

about.
You use this argument a lot when you haven't got convincing things to say or when you've become upset.