1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 15:44
    @divegeester said
    If Trump was arrested for treason and his supporters hunted down, I wonder how quickly your coat would turn.
    It depends. If I thought it was bogus then yes. If not, then no.

But judging from the bogus claims against him so far it just looks like a good old fashion witch hunt. Just ask Mueller with not one Russian allegation presented at the impeachment trial.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 17:13
    @whodey said
    It depends. If I thought it was bogus then yes. If not, then no.

But judging from the bogus claims against him so far it just looks like a good old fashion witch hunt. Just ask Mueller with not one Russian allegation presented at the impeachment trial.
    How you cannot see that man for what he is, is totally beyond me.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 20:35
    @divegeester said
    How you cannot see that man for what he is, is totally beyond me.
    A politician?

How can you not see Obama in a similar light is beyond me.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 22:30
    @divegeester said
    Good point
    Why do I bother, tho...
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 03:28
    @bigdoggproblem said
    "Abandoned"? He cut off someone's ear attempting to prevent the arrest, for Christ's Sake! (not gonna lie; pun intended)
    Yes, he cut off an ear, and more than likely, that was a miss making it very possible he was aiming at more than the ear.

He still denied Christ, and he was told before it happened he was going to. Being intense one minute and in denial the next doesn't wash away the denial. We are not attempting to have our good deeds outweigh our bad. Like it or not, denying Christ before man is a big deal!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 03:35
    @kellyjay said
    We are not attempting to have our good deeds outweigh our bad.
    And yet a Christian is obligated to do good deeds, right?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 03:38
    @kellyjay said
    Like it or not, denying Christ before man is a big deal!
    Is "a big deal" a euphemism for the angry, demented revenge of your torturer God figure?

By referring to not believing in Christ as a "big deal", are you trying to make BigDoggProblem believe the same stuff you believe?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 03:40
    @kellyjay said
    He admits he didn’t walk with Christ and then assumes everyone else never did as well.
    Are you not going to deal with the fact this post of yours was called out for clearly being either deceitful or mistaken?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 05:01
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, he cut off an ear, and more than likely, that was a miss making it very possible he was aiming at more than the ear.

He still denied Christ, and he was told before it happened he was going to. Being intense one minute and in denial the next doesn't wash away the denial. We are not attempting to have our good deeds outweigh our bad. Like it or not, denying Christ before man is a big deal!
    Well, they were both bad deeds.

But only one fit the "abandonment" mold.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 07:17
    @kellyjay said

Which is worse then, Peter’s attempted murder of the soldier or him pretending he didn’t know Jesus?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 10:57
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Well, they were both bad deeds.

But only one fit the "abandonment" mold.
    Peter denied Christ three times after bragging; he would never leave Christ; he cried bitterly afterward. Peter didn’t stay there in denial or regret; instead, he repented afterward, admitting his guilt and returning to Christ. His repentance showed a Godly sorrow for what he did. Peter’s repentance contrasted with Judas’ earthly regret over his sin, killed himself over his betrayal of Jesus. An angel made a distinction between Peter and the disciples at the tomb, which later disappears. Denying Christ before men is a big deal!

Mark 16:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
    When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him. And very early on the first day of the week, when the sun had risen, they went to the tomb. And they were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?” And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back—it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were alarmed. And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.” And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 11:07
    @kellyjay said
    Denying Christ before men is a big deal!
    If "denying Christ" means 'explaining that one is not a Christian', and if doing it "before men" means 'explaining it in public on a forum like this', I don't see how it's "a big deal" in any shape or form. A "big deal" in what way? How is 'not being a Christian' "a big deal" for a Hindu or a Jew, or for an atheist for that matter?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 17:39
    @kellyjay said
    Peter denied Christ three times after bragging; he would never leave Christ; he cried bitterly afterward. Peter didn’t stay there in denial or regret; instead, he repented afterward, admitting his guilt and returning to Christ. His repentance showed a Godly sorrow for what he did. Peter’s repentance contrasted with Judas’ earthly regret over his sin, killed himself over his ...[text shortened]... r trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
    I wish you well with your Spiritual path.

It is not for me, tho...
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 19:11
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I wish you well with your Spiritual path.

It is not for me, tho...
    The thing is if Jesus is who scriptures say He is, He is the only Spiritual path to God that is accepted by God. That would mean our choices are not so much who has the most popular belief, the most well respected, the one that pushes us to perform to the highest standards, instead who accepts God's gift that we cannot earn. That also dispels who is the most moral, the least sinful, and so on, since none of us are good enough.

Thank you for your kind words still.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 19:33
    @kellyjay said
    The thing is if Jesus is who scriptures say He is, He is the only Spiritual path to God that is accepted by God. That would mean our choices are not so much who has the most popular belief, the most well respected, the one that pushes us to perform to the highest standards, instead who accepts God's gift that we cannot earn. That also dispels who is the most moral, the least sinful, and so on, since none of us are good enough.

Thank you for your kind words still.
    Your version of Christianity makes little sense, especially in a world where people are morally in tune with themselves and each other. This thread and your comments in it, is another example of this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree