1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 04:19
    @whodey said
    It is interesting that in the Biblical account of Jesus pretty much everyone ended up abandoning him to the cross as well.

Just more brilliant chess players I reckon. Even Peter who disavowed him like you do now.

Some things never change.

But to his credit once Peter denied Christ and the rooster crowed he wept bitterly and later repented. You see, he loved him.
    In order to abandon Jesus as Peter, one would have had to actually walk with Christ.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 06:071 edit
    @kellyjay said
    In order to abandon Jesus as Peter, one would have had to actually walk with Christ.
    "Actually walking with Christ" is a metaphorical way of referring to a sincerely held set of subjective thoughts, opinions and beliefs about oneself and the significance and identity of someone who died 2,000 years ago.

In this sense, anyone can "actually walk with Christ" ~ they can think they do, claim they do, and be absolutely convinced they literally do ~ and then, if they find they no longer believe any of that stuff, you can use the verb "abandon" to describe "no longer believing" something.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 06:20
    @kellyjay said
    When I was a Christian, the belief that I was "actually walking with Christ" felt as real and as sincere and as convincing to me as it continues to do to you today [because, unlike me, you are still a Christian].

If ever you lose your faith, you will look back on your beliefs - as they stand today - as having felt utterly real and sincere and convincing, regardless of the fact that you would no longer believe you were "actually walking with Christ".

The substance of "actually walking with Christ" is merely a collection of subjective self-perceptions influenced by religious doctrine.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 10:36
    @kellyjay said
    Matthew 16
    Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

Who do you say Jesus is?
    Jesus is the Christ, the Word of God, who is the only begotten of the Father, came to take away the sins of the world. The Savior whom we can place our faith in for our salvation in His work, that He has done on our behalf. Our great shepherd, who even today can and will enter into our lives, causing us to be born again, filling us with the Holy Spirit without whom we die our sins.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 10:58
    @kellyjay said
    Who do you say Jesus is?
    Several people are willing to discuss or debate it with you ~ here on a discussion and debate forum. And yet you don't seem to want to ~ even though it was you who raised the topic.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 11:01
    @kellyjay said
    Our great shepherd, who even today can and will enter into our lives, causing us to be born again, filling us with the Holy Spirit without whom we die our sins.
    Is there any evidence whatsoever ~ in the way you acquit yourself in this community [regurgitation of religious doctrine aside, because that surely cannot count, in and of itself] ~ that you are "filled" with "the Holy Spirit"?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 17:57
    @fmf said
    Several people are willing to discuss or debate it with you ~ here on a discussion and debate forum. And yet you don't seem to want to ~ even though it was you who raised the topic.
    Why would I want to debate your walk with Christ for?

That is between you and him.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 18:05
    @whodey said

That is between you and him.
    He admits he didn’t walk with Christ and then assumes everyone else never did as well.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 19:54
    @kellyjay said
    He admits he didn’t walk with Christ and then assumes everyone else never did as well.
    I see.

Whateva!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:02
    @whodey said
    I didn't say you did.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:03
    @kellyjay said
    But that isn't what the content of my post said, KellyJay.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:071 edit
    @KellyJay

Addressing my reply to you ~ disingenuously ~ but by using whodey as a proxy? You don't even have the courage or integrity to talk to me indirectly - through somebody ELSE - in good faith.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:13
    @kellyjay said
    In so far as I have defined what the notion "walk with Christ" actually means, I absolutely did "walk with Christ" and have not "admitted" that I didn't. Nor have I "assumed" that you haven't - ever since you became a Christian - or that you aren't doing so now at this point in your life. Don't mischaracterize what I said. Don't be so low-integrity, KellyJay.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 09:481 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    "Abandoned"? He cut off someone's ear attempting to prevent the arrest
    Good point
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 10:01
    @whodey said
    Even Peter who disavowed him like you do now.
    Some things never change.
    If Trump was arrested for treason and his supporters hunted down, I wonder how quickly your coat would turn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree