Who are you?

Who are you?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 May 18

What makes you unique?

F

Moves
13 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
What makes you unique?
I am the only person in the world - and in the history of humanity - who knows all the things that I know.

What about you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 18

I am the only person in the world - and in the history of humanity - who knows all the things that I know.

What about you?
As far as individuals, that’s true. But collectively, nothing you know is unique.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18
2 edits

This thread took off like a lead balloon.

Edit: Sad!

Moves
15 May 18

What makes you unique?
The unique thing about you is that you seem to be the only ex-Christian on this site. (who can't seem to remember why exactly he lost his faith, or doesn't want to talk about it)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The unique thing about you is that you seem to be the only ex-Christian on this site. (who can't seem to remember why exactly he lost his faith, or doesn't want to talk about it)
I believe it has to do with...

1) No longer believing what Christians say about themselves and Jesus.

2) The book of Revelation (too strange and incomprehensible.)

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I believe it has to do with...

1) No longer believing what Christians say about themselves and Jesus.

2) The book of Revelation (too strange and incomprehensible.)
There has to be a reason why he no longer believes what Christians say about themselves and Jesus. Apparently he has devoted thousands and thousands of posts to discuss this that I have apparently missed or maybe they were written with the invisible font.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

There has to be a reason why he no longer believes what Christians say about themselves and Jesus. Apparently he has devoted thousands and thousands of posts to discuss this that I have apparently missed or maybe they were written with the invisible font.
Jesus went over the reasons in the Parable of the Sower and I think they basically fell into the categories of lack of understanding, tribulation/persecution and cares of the world.

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Jesus went over the reasons in the Parable of the Sower and I think they basically fell into the categories of lack of understanding, tribulation/persecution and cares of the world.
That is exactly why I think he doesn't want to discuss it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

That is exactly why I think he doesn't want to discuss it.
I’ve only been here 3 and-a-half months, but it’d be interesting to know how his behavior/actions were different when he was a Christian compared to when he became an atheist. The most obvious difference would be if he led someone to Christ when he was a Christian. He obviously wouldn’t do that as an atheist. “Good works” were probably part of his life as both a Christian and atheist though the quantity may differ. Obviously he no longer follows the greatest commandment as stated by Jesus - to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength - though he likely still follows the second - to love your neighbor as yourself.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 18

What makes you unique?
Replying in threads these days is like going to my email account and circumnavigating all the junk mail surrounding genuine messages.

In reply to your OP, 'my collective memories' make me unique.

F

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Replying in threads these days is like going to my email account and circumnavigating all the junk mail surrounding genuine messages.

In reply to your OP, 'my collective memories' make me unique.
Each of us has a unique narrative to which we are the one and only witness. That narrative delineates our each and every 'personhood'.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 18

Each of us has a unique narrative to which we are the one and only witness. That narrative delineates our each and every 'personhood'.
Hey, did you just clone my sentiment with fancier words?

😠

F

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Hey, did you just clone my sentiment with fancier words?

😠
It's who I am.

So it's on-topic on at least two levels. 😏

Moves
15 May 18

It's who I am.

So it's on-topic on at least two levels. 😏
Love your new profile pic. Suits you. It's who you are?