Where are we now?

Where are we now?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Matthew 24:3-21 (New International Version)

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am ...[text shortened]... this had a minor fulfilment with Jerusalem, where are we now in realtion to a major fulfilment?
To answer your question, I believe we are in the midst of Matthew 24:7. (How many times have you heard people say "24/7"? Quite ironic, that.) We have wars and rumors of wars, but we are not yet at each others' throats (nation rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom). Famines and earthquakes, yes, but Christians are not yet "hated by all nations" or being "handed over to be persecuted and put to death", but this will happen once the Antichrist comes to power and proclaims himself to be God in the flesh (the "abomination of desolation" in the holy place, after he rebuilds the Temple; when you see this, know that the end is nigh... this is what verses 16-21 are saying).

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Dec 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
To answer your question, I believe we are in the midst of Matthew 24:7. (How many times have you heard people say "24/7"? Quite ironic, that.) We have wars and rumors of wars, but we are not yet at each others' throats (nation rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom). Famines and earthquakes, yes, but Christians are not yet "hated by all nati ...[text shortened]... when you see this, know that the end is nigh... this is what verses 16-21 are saying).
Thanks for your comment. True we are not all at each others throats but it really isn't saying that it would be that way. It just says wars and reports of wars.
But it would be true now in the sense that not all countries are at war say if this thing in the Korea's gets going with them actually fighting. Probaly only a few countries would actually fight but just think of all the other countries due to pacts and diplomatic ties that would still be supporting the various sides if nothing else with money, weapons or sanctions.
So even though the whole world isn't involved in fighting with the ongoing wars, most are still involved in one way or the other...
The main point with recent wars it is a fact that in the last 200 years or less there have been more humans killed then all wars that have been thru mans history combined.
One only has to look that up in any up to date reference articles.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 10

I'm amazed at how few the responces have been in regards to this subject. According to clear Bible warnings and descriptions of what would be happening in the last days of the system that Jesus warned us all about and how important it is that we take heed and pay attention and then act accordingly to preserve our like's thru armegeddon, it appears not many here seem concerned.
Could it be that ones just don't believe it could really happen or don't see the signs and evidence or maybe their religions don't see it and teach it or just don't care?

Matthew 24:38-39 (New International Version, ©2010)

38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Dec 10

I'm amazed at how few the responces have been in regards to this subject. According to clear Bible warnings and descriptions of what would be happening in the last days of the system that Jesus warned us all about and how important it is that we take heed and pay attention and then act accordingly to preserve our like's thru armegeddon, it appears not ma ...[text shortened]... flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
It seems to me, and I suspect to most others who have felt no need to add to this thread, that the whole premise is vanishingly unlikely.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
It seems to me, and I suspect to most others who have felt no need to add to this thread, that the whole premise is vanishingly unlikely.
Bad mistake to take the Bible lightly...Every prophecy up to this date that the Bible fortold...came true!!!!!!!!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Dec 10

Bad mistake to take the Bible lightly...Every prophecy up to this date that the Bible fortold...came true!!!!!!!!
You don't really believe that do you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You don't really believe that do you?
You really don't believe in that, do you? Oh I forgot you don't believe in the Bible at all... Not to much for us to talk about it seems.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Dec 10
1 edit

I'm amazed at how few the responces have been in regards to this subject. According to clear Bible warnings and descriptions of what would be happening in the last days of the system that Jesus warned us all about and how important it is that we take heed and pay attention and then act accordingly to preserve our like's thru armegeddon, it appears not ma flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
'No man knoweth the time'. And you can't scare people into the kingdom of god, if the JW's stopped trying to do this more people may listen (edit to JW's).

rc

Moves
06 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
'No man knoweth the time'. And you can't scare people into the kingdom of god, if the JW's stopped trying to do this more people may listen (edit to JW's).
scare people with visions of everlasting life in an earthly paradise - treble tremble! we don't need novices telling us how to preach the good news of Gods Kingdom, after all, how much experience do they have? 'knoweth', is like so 1689!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
scare people with visions of everlasting life in an earthly paradise - treble tremble! we don't need novices telling us how to preach the good news of Gods Kingdom, after all, how much experience do they have? 'knoweth', is like so 1689!
I'm not trying to teach you anything, man you are so arrogant. You frequently mock people who question you, do you think that is the best way to represent your organisation.

rc

Moves
06 Dec 10

I'm not trying to teach you anything, man you are so arrogant. You frequently mock people who question you, do you think that is the best way to represent your organisation.
yes its true, as for the best way to represent my religion, perhaps you also have some other suggestions in that regard too?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Dec 10

If you decide to turn your back on clear cut and obvious warnings of what JESUS said to look for in YOUR BIBLE, so be it. Just go on with your everyday life and enjoy it while you can....
Oh yeah that being already saved thing comes back here again. I forget if your already saved then most of the Bible does not apply to you. So yes, just ignor those warnings.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Dec 10

If you decide to turn your back on clear cut and obvious warnings of what JESUS said to look for in YOUR BIBLE, so be it. Just go on with your everyday life and enjoy it while you can....
Oh yeah that being already saved thing comes back here again. I forget if your already saved then most of the Bible does not apply to you. So yes, just ignor those warnings.
I forget if your already saved then most of the Bible does not apply to you.

In a sense this is true. If we are free from legalistic salvation then the majority of the old testament does not apply (which is the majority of the bible).

Don't you believe that Jesus saves?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
07 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes its true, as for the best way to represent my religion, perhaps you also have some other suggestions in that regard too?
as BS :]

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
I forget if your already saved then most of the Bible does not apply to you.

In a sense this is true. If we are free from legalistic salvation then the majority of the old testament does not apply (which is the majority of the bible).

Don't you believe that Jesus saves?
We all have the opportunity to be saved by Jesus. But the Bible is clear that only if one remains faithful until the end, will they be saved. The end has not happened yet.