Where are we now?

Where are we now?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Well I think the key is to do your masters bidding regardless of the times. The times have been troublesome even when Jesus spoke these words on the earth. I think it's balance. Stay awake for you know not the hour your master will come home yet do not be afraid for your redemption draws neigh 🙂

Manny
Yes balance is needed and the scriptures aren't saying to panic and live in fear. But if one is not paying attention and not seeing how serious the times are and how all the events that Jesus was speaking of are now happening then the seriousness of the other aspects of Jesus's words are not seen such as the teaching work we are all to be doing worldwide. That's the point I know many here argue against including yourself that it really isn't necessary. But considering such comments as " Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved" sounds deadly serious. The events that are happening now are leading up to that point in our life on this planet. Only a few will get thru that "narrow gate." The Bible says it will be a "struggle." It also says this upcoming event will be "worse then anything this world has ever seen nor will ever see again." So it will be worse then the flood.
Jesus said to do this worldwide teaching work and why shouldn't we as it will teach ones what is needed to survive the things Jesus warned us about.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes balance is needed and the scriptures aren't saying to panic and live in fear. But if one is not paying attention and not seeing how serious the times are and how all the events that Jesus was speaking of are now happening then the seriousness of the other aspects of Jesus's words are not seen such as the teaching work we are all to be doing worldwide e as it will teach ones what is needed to survive the things Jesus warned us about.
Romans 10:14 (New International Version)

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

What else could this scripture mean then what it says?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Nov 10

Romans 10:14 (New International Version)

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

What else could this scripture mean then what it says?
you are the king of cherry pickers. how about the verse right before that Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Nov 10

Originally posted by duecer
you are the king of cherry pickers. how about the verse right before that Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
good point duecer, but he needs to read even further back

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
17 Nov 10

Isn't there some Scripture about how people who say "Lord, Lord" won't necessarily be saved?

rc

Moves
17 Nov 10

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
I see,

(Matthew 7:21-23) . . .“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.  Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’  And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.

mmmmm, lawlessness, what could that be???

rc

Moves
17 Nov 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Isn't there some Scripture about how people who say "Lord, Lord" won't necessarily be saved?
yassum, there be!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Nov 10
1 edit

Neither verse says "you are saved." Why that point is missed I have no clue but in both instances it is speaking of a future time that that gift "might" be given. Not one person on this earth is saved yet.

Matthew 24:13 (New International Version)
13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Do you get the point here? The end..not now. The end has not occured yet has it?

Philippians 2:12 (New International Version)

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Paul gives no support here that he or anyone else was already saved even though these no doubt acknowledged Jesus as their saviour. He clearly says that it would be a constant work to gain that salvation which would come in the future, not then.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Nov 10
1 edit

Neither verse says "you are saved." Why that point is missed I have no clue but in both instances it is speaking of a future time that that gift "might" be given. Not one person on this earth is saved yet.

Matthew 24:13 (New International Version)
13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Do you get the point here? The end..not n ...[text shortened]... it would be a constant work to gain that salvation which would come in the future, not then.
Neither verse says "you are saved."

OMG do you even bother to read ANYTHING anyone else post's?

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

gee galvo pretty sure it says exactly that....

I mean it, you really have comprehension issues😞

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Nov 10

[b]Neither verse says "you are saved."

OMG do you even bother to read ANYTHING anyone else post's?

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

gee galvo pretty sure it says exactly that....

I mean it, you really have comprehension issues😞[/b]
I'm really getting tired of your insults playing or not. Get off it very soon as I'm losing all respect for you....

Again sir it says you "will be saved"..not that you are? Again you pick a scripture you "wrongly" think you know and COMPLETELY ignor all the rest that explains that only ones who endure to the END will be saved.
If saying I believe in Jesus is all it took, then you might as well throw half the Bible away as that totally contradicts what the Bible teaches.
Also no one can be in a saved condition if they still sin which I assume you still do. If you don't then you are only the second man on earth who has never sinned and are an equal to Jesus. Congratulations on that feat...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Nov 10
2 edits

I'm really getting tired of your insults playing or not. Get off it very soon as I'm losing all respect for you....

Again sir it says you "will be saved"..not that you are? Again you pick a scripture you "wrongly" think you know and COMPLETELY ignor all the rest that explains that only ones who endure to the END will be saved.
If saying I believe i on earth who has never sinned and are an equal to Jesus. Congratulations on that feat...
I could not possibly care any less than I do right now whether you respect me or not.

Your interpretations of scripture are clumsy and childish. You make wild accusations that only you and RC quote scripture in your arguments, and yet anytime I quote (which is often) you completely ignore the scripture because it contradicts your position. If one scripture contradicts your interpretation of another scripture then perhaps you need to rethink your position. I, on the other hand, have a consistent theological view. Think about it....

edit: here is an example of your clumsy interpretation: You make the point that someone "will" be saved instaed of "are" saved. The verse reads: "If" you believe... It is future imperfect. It means that once the qualifications are met, then salvation occurs. Tense matters; it doesn't say those who believe with their hearts and confess with their mouths will be saved at a later date...tense matters. This is what I mean by reading comprehension, even this very simple sentance seems to cause you confusion.

edit2: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

no other conditions than belief, not "go door to door and you'll have eternal life", not "belong to a certain denomination and you have eternal life", just belief. wiggle your way out of this scripture and I'll rename you Harry Houdini

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Nov 10
2 edits

I could not possibly care any less than I do right now whether you respect me or not.

Your interpretations of scripture are clumsy and childish. You make wild accusations that only you and RC quote scripture in your arguments, and yet anytime I quote (which is often) you completely ignore the scripture because it contradicts your position. If one scriptur ust belief. wiggle your way out of this scripture and I'll rename you Harry Houdini
Well I don't but that's besides the point.

Ok..let's talk about "your" scripture.

edit2: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I can't help but laugh at this as your claiming it happens "now" if you do those things. So if this is to be taken literally according to you then that means you also have eternal life "now"..right? Salvation "now"..eternal life "now." Right? So that means you will not die ever according to your line of thought. You have eternal life "now" along with salvation "now." So you cannot be killed by anything or by anyone..according to your viewpoint.
Again congratulations on being a perfect person both physically and spiritually and have been granted eternal life.....I'm sure Jesus is amazed since he had to die in order to be given eternal life by his Father. In fact he's probably pretty jealous since he had to suffer so in order to gain what you "now" have apparently for free..........
Oh..you can call me Harry!!!!

Oh yeah..think on this overnight. If you're already saved and on salvation street already, do you pray to god and ask for forgiveness of sins you may have committed today?? Think on that one long and hard and think about what your answer will imply. Sleep well.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Nov 10

Matthew 24:3-21 (New International Version)

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am ...[text shortened]... this had a minor fulfilment with Jerusalem, where are we now in realtion to a major fulfilment?
"where are we now...?"

In the dispensation of the grace of God.

When it ends, then the prophetic will resume.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Nov 10

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"where are we now...?"

In the dispensation of the grace of God.

When it ends, then the prophetic will resume.[/b]
Thanks but I have no idea what that means..Sorry but could you explain it. 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Nov 10

"That's the point I know many here argue against including yourself that it really isn't necessary."

Argue what? I'm lost are you saying preaching? I never said that if that is what you are contending.

Manny