When is enough enough?

When is enough enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
06 Sep 11

Alas nook7, while I am in complete agreement that there are one or two posters whose forum behaviour is indeed extremely rude, extraordinarily stupid, intellectually dishonest and, I would add, spiritually bankrupt, I don't see that this contravenes the terms of membership so I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's always the famous GBaway, provided you are happy to use Firefox. I didn't find it a satisfactory solution myself - I just largely ignore them nowadays.

n

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Alas nook7, while I am in complete agreement that there are one or two posters whose forum behaviour is indeed extremely rude, extraordinarily stupid, intellectually dishonest and, I would add, spiritually bankrupt, I don't see that this contravenes the terms of membership so I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's always the famous ...[text shortened]... fox. I didn't find it a satisfactory solution myself - I just largely ignore them nowadays.
Thank you for your post avalanchethecat, posts such as yours allow me hope for humanity.

Surely humankind will evolve eventually so such superstition can be put in its rightful place.

One can only hope that the idiocy displayed by a few is not contagious.

Cheers

Cape Town

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by nook7
Surely humankind will evolve eventually so such superstition can be put in its rightful place.
Not unless we engage in Eugenics. At present, theists have, I believe, more children on average than atheists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Killing is never necessary, I'd rather die
As long as the killing is not murder, it is not forbidden. Jesus clarified
that the commandment is, "Thou shalt do no murder". But Jesus went
on to say that if you are angry with your brother, you have committed
murder in your heart. So I understand that to mean to be angry with
your brother is worse than killing someone in self-defense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Not unless we engage in Eugenics. At present, theists have, I believe, more children on average than atheists.
Nope, that's not necessary. We'll see a drastic reduction in the number of Christians worldwide in our lifetime, never fear. I just wonder whose hand it will really be on the machine guns.

On the other hand, when it becomes mandatory to worship the AntiChrist as God, there will suddenly, miraculously, be no atheists, either, only converts. Go figure.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by nook7
Thank you for your post avalanchethecat, posts such as yours allow me hope for humanity.

One can only hope that the idiocy displayed by a few is not contagious.

Cheers
How ironic it is of you, of all people, to say that you hope that the idiocy
displayed by a few is not contagious.

P.S. Sorry, I was thinking of someone else.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
As long as the killing is not murder, it is not forbidden. Jesus clarified
that the commandment is, "Thou shalt do no murder". But Jesus went
on to say that if you are angry with your brother, you have committed
murder in your heart. So I understand that to mean to be angry with
your brother is worse than killing someone in self-defense.
Now listen. You tell me why we need to kill anything? Humans are stupid if they think they need to.
What sport? Food?
Dont make me laugh. I dont care what anyone said, and you will not convince me otherwise, killing anything conciously is wrong (as long as it is not food for suvival, then it gets complex).
Next time you goto kill a plant just take the top two thirds off. See how the plant reacts to that? What is llife telling you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Now listen. You tell me why we need to kill anything? Humans are stupid if they think they need to.
What sport? Food?
Dont make me laugh. I dont care what anyone said, and you will not convince me otherwise, killing anything conciously is wrong (as long as it is not food for suvival, then it gets complex).
Next time you goto kill a plant just take the top two thirds off. See how the plant reacts to that? What is llife telling you?
It is good to laugh sometimes. Since you will not be convinced,
I will not waste my time trying.

p
Dawg of the Lord

The South

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Nope, that's not necessary. We'll see a drastic reduction in the number of Christians worldwide in our lifetime, never fear. I just wonder whose hand it will really be on the machine guns.

On the other hand, when it becomes mandatory to worship the AntiChrist as God, there will suddenly, miraculously, be no atheists, either, only converts. Go figure.
"She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick." --Flannery O'Connor

If worse comes to worst, I hope and pray to be capable of that, at least.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is good to laugh sometimes. Since you will not be convinced,
I will not waste my time trying.
I'll go one step furthur and say, (since no one has really contended any of the things I said on the "Happy Meat" thread), that "not killing anything if possible" is a major cornerstone of any decent religon.