What proof of God would be sufficient?

What proof of God would be sufficient?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
The dilemma though, checkbaiter, is that Christian ideology suggests that if one chooses any other god other than the God of Abraham, and Jesus.....that they are doomed to hell.
They are doomed to death. Hell is death. All I can offer is what I believe the bible says.
Every one is free to go their own way if they so choose.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]I happen to believe in the God and Father of Jesus Christ.

I know. But why should anyone else believe the same thing?

Is advising others to turn to any god figure they want rooted in the Bible, and is it part of the religious beliefs you profess? Is it something that Jesus advised us/you to do?[/b]
Yes, but if they won't listen, they are not ready. Not humble enough.
I will not shove it down some ones throat, and I won't preach hell fire and brimstone either.
I do believe that no one comes to God except through Jesus Christ.
But I say, if they choose another god, so be it. I cannot control that.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
They are doomed to death. Hell is death. All I can offer is what I believe the bible says.
Every one is free to go their own way if they so choose.
In a previous thread, it was pointed out that a Pope believed that once Jesus was crucified, that ALL humans were saved.....regardless of their beliefs. Why is that such a HORRIBLE thing to believe?

What is it that God wants? It seems really, really wrong to me that God would condemn humans who do not believe in Jesus....to an eternal death. Something seems wrong with that!!!

Why can't the crucifixion of Jesus benefit all of humanity? Why is it ONLY limited to those who have actually heard of Jesus.....and who believe.....whatever that may mean?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 15

I currently believe in a Creator. I am not at all convinced that He cares at all about my life. I wish I could.
That is what the bible teaches and I believe it with all my heart.
He not only cares for you, he loves you passionately. He waits with open arms(figuratively) for you to humble yourself, pray and believe Jesus to give you the gift of holy spirit.
He says to pour your heart out to him in all honesty, you can even ask him to help your unbelief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 15
1 edit

In a previous thread, it was pointed out that a Pope believed that once Jesus was crucified, that ALL humans were saved.....regardless of their beliefs. Why is that such a HORRIBLE thing to believe?

What is it that God wants? It seems really, really wrong to me that God would condemn humans who do not believe in Jesus....to an eternal death. Something ...[text shortened]... imited to those who have actually heard of Jesus.....and who believe.....whatever that may mean?
Because God is holy. He cannot mix with evil. He can't even think evil.
That Pope was wrong, I do not believe that.
I have to leave for the night...pick up again tomorrow....

F

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Yes, but if they won't listen, they are not ready. Not humble enough. I will not shove it down some ones throat, and I won't preach hell fire and brimstone either. I do believe that no one comes to God except through Jesus Christ. But I say, if they choose another god, so be it. I cannot control that.

I count this answer of yours to be a complete dodge, so I will try again.

Your advice to me was: Try Allah, or some other god and see if it works for you. I happen to believe in the God and Father of Jesus Christ. You are free to choose a god of your making... go for it.

Is advising others to turn to any god figure they want something found in your Christian Bible?

Is giving me this advice part of the religious beliefs you profess?

Is it something that Jesus advised you or me to do?

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

I am keeping this alive to hear from the Ghost.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

Hey Ghost. What if God Himself appeared to you personally, told you that He was God, and then vanished. You would have no doubt that He was God.

Your life would change immediately. You would do things differently.

My point: Maybe our human minds are not well equipped to deal with the exact knowing of God. How can we really live knowing this?

It seems that our doubt is exactly God given, because knowing would not be beneficial to us.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 15

Hey Ghost. What if God Himself appeared to you personally, told you that He was God, and then vanished. You would have no doubt that He was God.

Your life would change immediately. You would do things differently.

My point: Maybe our human minds are not well equipped to deal with the exact knowing of God. How can we really live knowing this?

It seems that our doubt is exactly God given, because knowing would not be beneficial to us.
To believe in ghosts, i would have to see a ghost. To believe in aliens, i would have to see an alien. When it comes to 'belief' i only trust my own senses. Why would this be any different when it comes to God? All other 'knowledge' of God has a human origin.

I would like God to introduce himself to me on my death bed, not appearing too soon to eradicate my freewill, but arriving just in time to save my soul.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
To believe in ghosts, i would have to see a ghost. To believe in aliens, i would have to see an alien. When it comes to 'belief' i only trust my own senses. Why would this be any different when it comes to God? All other 'knowledge' of God has a human origin.

I would like God to introduce himself to me on my death bed, not appearing too soon to eradicate my freewill, but arriving just in time to save my soul.
If God Himself proved Himself to you.....you would still not believe?

What would it take Ghost?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 15

If God Himself proved Himself to you.....you would still not believe?

What would it take Ghost?
As i say, it would take a first hand experience.

Think of it like 'love.' Until you experience love first hand, it is just a concept and has no meaning. To 'know' love and 'believe' in love you have to 'experience' love.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

As i say, it would take a first hand experience.

Think of it like 'love.' Until you experience love first hand, it is just a concept and has no meaning. To 'know' love and 'believe' in love you have to 'experience' love.
Very weak. I was expecting more from you.

It is my belief, and I have stated such earlier, that humans are not equipped to handle a concrete proof of God's existence.

God has designed us that way.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Aug 15

Very weak. I was expecting more from you.

It is my belief, and I have stated such earlier, that humans are not equipped to handle a concrete proof of God's existence.

God has designed us that way.
Then that was your mistake sir. When it comes to God, never expect more from an atheist.

I'm off to walk the dog, who's existence i am certain of.

🙂

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

Then that was your mistake sir. When it comes to God, never expect more from an atheist.

I'm off to walk the dog, who's existence i am certain of.

🙂
I asked in my OP......what would be sufficient proof of God.

You never answered.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

I expected more Ghost. It is a very relevant question. You have studied religion, and have still maintained the atheist creed. I merely asked....what proof would be required?

The truth: If God did provide proof......we would not be able to handle it. That is why we have no proof.....and, never will.